MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MangaHelpers

Sanity Check
Sanity Check
I can definitely understand that sentiment.
Reactions: Raven
Raven
Raven
that if he is real đź’€
Sanity Check
Sanity Check
Some might expect people to believe in God as life is easy for them.

It has never been that way for me, though.

It took time to adjust my thinking and ideas on things, to where problems don't have as much of a negative effect.

Its definitely not easy but it is worth it.
Sanity Check
Sanity Check
My nephew is 8 years old. When he visits he only says negative things about others to put them down. I encourage him to think positively. He has to say 1 good thing about his mother and sister. That is a difficult task for him. I ask him to say 1 thing he is thankful for in life.

Little things like that can make a huge difference. The problems stay the same. But somehow everything is better.
Raven
Raven
I still believe in god or higher existent, Just not an Abrahamic one or the other 5000 religion ones.
Sanity Check
Sanity Check
Raven
Raven
Because the god in the bible is actually acting like a spoiled baby child. Yahweh is very childish and most immature god, And Allah is a sadist and enjoys being cruel, You could say they are cut from the same page. pun intended. I accept the idea of god existence because our existence is very intended. There are higher being or beings, We just don't know about them because they don't want to intervene.
Raven
Raven
About Ezekiel, I don't really want to cling on such theory to prove Yahweh, and i won't believe in his book because the author is obviously mentally challenged.
everythingnice
everythingnice
@Raven

Humans and animals are far more sadistic and cruel than Who you are claiming to be.
Raven
Raven
@everythingnice which support the that he is man made god, Therefore he acts and behaves like one.
everythingnice
everythingnice
@Raven

I did not suggest that from my comment at all. I meant rather than shift the blame on God, it should be the ones who made you think God is sadistic. Personally as a believer of Allah, I have not found anything to think He enjoys being cruel.
Raven
Raven
Why you are comparing a god to creations like humans and animals, Its weird to say the least, even by Islamic means. I come up with this conclusion after i did my research so i don't know what you talk about here.
Raven
Raven
You know how detailed the torture verses for both the believers and non believers in the Quran? That alone makes me think he is pretty sadist. The torture verses are mentioned in more than 350 times in the Quran. Supposedly The last word of god. The last revelation of god, The final message.
Raven
Raven
Think about the reasoning behind these verses, Most of these verses are supposed to be answers to the non believers to convince them of the unknown. A constant carrot stick methodology all over the Quran to threaten people to stay in islam and to force invite other people to Islam out of fear. If this not sadism, It is something far more worse.
everythingnice
everythingnice
@Raven 1- I'm not comparing the Creator to the creation. I'm saying you should not blame the humans cruelty on God.
2. The torture verses are for the wrongdoers, like m*rder*rs, ra*ists, thieves, etc.
everythingnice
everythingnice
@Raven
3. Seems to me you are confused between two paths, good and bad. The good one seems like a chore to do so you opt for the bad one. Now there is a religion that doesn't want you to do bad things so it reminds you of the Judgement. But you, with your heart leaning on the bad side, wants to call God a sadist when you get punishment.
everythingnice
everythingnice
@Raven Think about how a teacher wants you to study for your exam (good) but you play games all day (bad). In the end, the teacher has warned you about your exam (world), but you still opt for the bad path. In the end, failure is your punishment. It's only fair. You have zero right in calling your teacher a sadist.
everythingnice
everythingnice
@Raven I recommend visiting a l - i s l a m . o r g website and read about these topics because that site is an absolutely amazing source of knowledge. However here's a reminder since most of what is there is from the perspective of a minority sect in Islam (shiism) but it's incredibly enlightening. You may search the topic as you please.
everythingnice
everythingnice
@Raven also I'm sorry if it was a burden communicating with me, I only responded because I was offended you called my God cruel and sadist. I wouldn't have butted in otherwise.
Sanity Check
Sanity Check
God's actions revolve around ridding the world of evil and corruption.

I think sadism and cruelty trend more towards actions which serve no purpose other than to take pleasure in the suffering and pain of others.

But it is ok if anyone thinks differently. God creates man in His own image. And man likewise tries to create God in his or her own image as well.