Discussion - Jujutsu Kaisen Power Level Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Jujutsu Kaisen Power Level Thread

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hard to say. His only fights were against teen versions of current power houses and an exhausted Dagon.
But with that in mind, I think the likes of Sukuna, Mahoraga and Gojo would be the only ones currently capable of dealing with him. I think Mahito and Okkotsu would win too.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Toji did clap Geto, but based on what I saw in Vol. 0, I feel Geto with his full arsenal surpassed him.

So,
1. Geto
2. Toji
3. Todo
4. Mei Mei/Nanamin (overtime)

Tbh, not sure if Todo is above the other grade 1s sorcerers, but has had consistently strong performances against the special grades and his use of boogie woogie is flawless. Mei Mei might actually be the strongest grade 1 sorcerer currently, need to see more.

Speaking of power levels, where would you guys put Toji in an overall list (meaning one with all characters included)?
Without thinking about it too hard, firmly in the top 10. Middle portion I guess.

Maybe he can copy Curses too. Like how he used fire. That bit is still very weird to me.
I don't think he copied Jogo. He said ▪open, and pulled out flames and made an arrow. Too specific for copying for the 1st time, and then he used it again vs Mahoraga. Looks like one of his signature moves. What Tatsu said about cooking does make sense atm.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I feel Gojo, Sukuna, current Geto/Kenjaku and maybe Jogo are above Toji tbh

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Toji did clap Geto, but based on what I saw in Vol. 0, I feel Geto with his full arsenal surpassed him.

So,
1. Geto
2. Toji
3. Todo
4. Mei Mei/Nanamin (overtime)

Tbh, not sure if Todo is above the other grade 1s sorcerers, but has had consistently strong performances against the special grades and his use of boogie woogie is flawless. Mei Mei might actually be the strongest grade 1 sorcerer currently, need to see more.
Your ranking is the one I agree with the most. I feel like Toji had the benefit in that he caught both Geto and Gojo by surprise. Their current versions would destroy him with ease.
About Mei Mei, she has that crow thing, right? The only person who could tank an attack from that was Gojo, but Nanami has been shown to have rock hard defense (Maybe the best in the series after infinity).

Will19

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
seems people are forgetting that Geto wasn't a special grade when he lost to Toji and that he had a whole decade to get stronger, I would even go as far to say that volume 0 Geto would stomp Toji.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'd still put Toji above Geto. Not pseudo-Geto, tho.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And no way Nanami's defense is the second best in the series. Instant Spirit Body of Distorted Killing exists/existed, so did Dagon's natural resilience. Let's not ignore the fact that Mahoraga punched Sukuna over a few builds to no harm.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Instant Spirit Body of Distorted Killing exists/existed,
Who's technique is this again?

Let's not ignore the fact that Mahoraga punched Sukuna over a few builds to no harm.
Tbf Yuji is a tank generally :XD I feel like that was more of Yuji's body being naturally sturdier than Sukuna;s own personal durability.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Who's technique is this again?

Tbf Yuji is a tank generally :XD I feel like that was more of Yuji's body being naturally sturdier than Sukuna;s own personal durability.
Mahito's final transformation.

And I do think that was Sukuna's, he was the one in possession of the body. I'm sure Itadori use's his own output and so does Sukuna - even tho in the future, if Gojo is right, Itadori will learn Sukuna's techniques.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Ok, im rereading a bit of the Shibuya arc now. I guess this panel pretty much confirms Jogo is on a whole other level compared to Dagon (Which seems to be the general consensus of the thread :ninja):

But this panel makes things more interesting:

Toji targetted the strongest person there after Dagon died. Does that mean Megumi is stronger than Nanami and Maki :blink Or its just that they were injured, so that 'weakened' them a bit?

Next ranking:
-Naobito
-Mechamaru (Fully recovered)
-Maki
-Okkotsu Yuta
-Inumaki

Will19

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I'd still put Toji above Geto. Not pseudo-Geto, tho.
no way is Toji stronger, Gege himself stated that without cursed tools Toji was equal to Naobito, anyone with a Domain can beat him, he has no counter to it.
I recall the manga stating that the difference between Grade 1 and Semi-Grade 1 was huge, you can only imagine the difference between a Special Grade and Grade 1.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The thing about Megumi is his potential I think? Furube Yura Yura Plus he was in a better shape and Toji had a special reason for him to pick Megumi. You can see it when the fight ends.

no way is Toji stronger, Gege himself stated that without cursed tools Toji was equal to Naobito, anyone with a Domain can beat him, he has no counter to it.
I recall the manga stating that the difference between Grade 1 and Semi-Grade 1 was huge, you can only imagine the difference between a Special Grade and Grade 1.
I'm considering everyone here with every tool at their disposal. Toji with the inventory spirit and his weapons.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Talking about defense, Megumi is the best punching bag in the series :lmao. Also, agree with Heaven, Toji picked Megumi because of their connection.

New ranking, hmmm. Yuta far above the rest, and don't see Inumaki and Maki measuring up with the other two.
1. Yuta
2. Mechamaru
3. Naobito
4. Inumaki
5. Maki

About Mei Mei, she has that crow thing, right? The only person who could tank an attack from that was Gojo, but Nanami has been shown to have rock hard defense (Maybe the best in the series after infinity).
Yeah, the crows are like heat-seeking missiles that could take out special grades. I'd say Nanami wouldn't be able to to tank it, tho I think boosted with overtime and his ability to effect the environment puts him on par with her.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I would change Maki and Naobito. She could survive Jogo's point blank flame blast but he didn't.

And tbh I would change Inumaki to the last position on the condition that everyone in the list knows they can and how to avoid his cursed technique. He had to resort to dirty fighting to affect other students in the goodwill event.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, I see that as her just being more durable. Naobito outclassed her in the fight against Dagon, and Dagon admitted Naobito as the biggest threat. For Inumaki, they're relative, just see Inumaki being more dangerous.

Will19

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

I'm considering everyone here with every tool at their disposal. Toji with the inventory spirit and his weapons.
Even with all his tools he wouldn't be a match for prequel Geto, Toji with his cursed tools is at most a low level special grade sorcerer.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hmm, I see that as her just being more durable. Naobito outclassed her in the fight against Dagon, and Dagon admitted Naobito as the biggest threat. For Inumaki, they're relative, just see Inumaki being more dangerous.
Naobito is ovrall above her, but her durability is no small deal. Specially when Jogo himself is worth of 8 Sukuna's fingers.
Inumaki def the bigger threath, I agree. My only point for lowering him would be that every sorcerer - on the list - knows about his cursed technique.

Even with all his tools he wouldn't be a match for prequel Geto, Toji with his cursed tools is at most a low level special grade sorcerer.
I don't know. He made a short work out of Dagon, who was trouble for 4 experienced sorcerers.

Will19

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't know. He made a short work out of Dagon, who was trouble for 4 experienced sorcerers.
Nerfed Dagon, Megumi's Domain was negating the sure hit effect and Naobito blocked his escape, not to mention that Dagon was handling someone on the level of Toji plus two others and would've won without much trouble, there is a reason that Domains are said to be the peak of sorcery.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Iirc all a Domain provides is sure hit for one Cursed Technique. Not that it's something weak, I don't mean that. It's just that Dagon was clearly overpowering them even in physical combat. He sent all of 'em flying with his strikes, but he had no time reaction against Toji. Guy was simply blitzing and overpowering him.
It isn't fair to ignore the fact that Toji alone was able to overpower a special grade - he was fighting alone, all Naobito did was block his way, and even if he scaped Toji would chase him. We're talking about the same guy that awakened Gojo and was held in high regards by Tsukumo.

If Gojo is the epitome of what a sorcerer can be, the sorcerer killer - this wasn't just a random title - is the highest tier of human.

Will19

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Iirc all a Domain provides is sure hit for one Cursed Technique. Not that it's something weak, I don't mean that. It's just that Dagon was clearly overpowering them even in physical combat. He sent all of 'em flying with his strikes, but he had no time reaction against Toji. Guy was simply blitzing and overpowering him.
It isn't fair to ignore the fact that Toji alone was able to overpower a special grade - he was fighting alone, all Naobito did was block his way, and even if he scaped Toji would chase him. We're talking about the same guy that awakened Gojo and was held in high regards by Tsukumo.

If Gojo is the epitome of what a sorcerer can be, the sorcerer killer - this wasn't just a random title - is the highest tier of human.

What do you mean one tecnique?
Your speed argument falls short when you realize that he could fight Naobito who is faster than Jogo, Megumi himself compared Toji's speed to a nerfed 3 finger Sukuna whilst Jogo was labeled as 8 fingers worth, with Playful Cloud he may be equal to them.

Toji has no way to avoid that sure hit as the Shikigami, he doesn't have simple domain or falling blossom, he can't dodge an endless amount of Shikigami that appear instantly, Naobito who is faster than Toji could only handle 70% of Dagon's power and he has the advantage of having falling blossom.
Dagon only has to keep his distance, spam the endless Shikigami that appear AS THEY HIT and it's over.

All that said without a Domain Toji stomps Dagon, that is how much of a difference a DE makes imo.

Convergent

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Isn’t there power scaling for this series fairly obvious bar Gojo vs Sukuna (20 fingers)? Although, I’d argue the narrative is setting Gojo up to lose. Only character I feel is a bit overrated is Toji (simply because he gave Gojo his first L, but I do believe he gets overhyped a bit power-wise).

Nevertheless, the T5 are probably Gojo, Sukuna, Mahoraga, Kenjaku and Yuta. Haven’t seen enough from Yuki but she’s a special-grade (which are basically walking calamities) and with the new info on Hakari - he may scale above Okkotsu at his peak but it seems he has strict restrictions and could also be extremely weak at times (Escanor-esque). Uraume probably scales relative to the distaster curses or above them.

1A) Jogo
1B) Mahito
2) Dagon
3) Hanami
4) Choso

JJK’s combat world is actually quite varied and it usually comes down to matchups rather than raw power.