Voting Round 3 - Kouka vs. Raphtalia | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Kouka vs. Raphtalia

Who wins?

• Kouka

• Raphtalia

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I don't know why every thing in this thread appears like this to me

Asako

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
wow thanks both of you for your support i really appreciate it :zomg

congrats @Asako you re doing an amazing campaign :zomg
I ve never watched tate anime but i know its uber popular, Asako's campaign claearly makes obvious that Raphtalia is highly popular and a great female character, but from the infos i got, shes definitely not exactly what i called the best waifu material out there. Out of repect for Asa-chan, i ll avoid mentioning the turnoff points about her hybridity and her being childish.

But tbh im not convinced with her relationship with her crush, according to wikia he bought her (for wtv reasons ) and raised her and he consider her as his own daughter, to me the whole thing is totally weird, especially because he is her father figure, and to me her devotion to him is closest to one's servant than what i would expect from a waifu, and somehow it makes me uneasy... but well. :errr

I dunno what the childish thing she does, you're referring to considering raphtalia is one of the most mature characters in the serie, but I assume you're referring to her looking at the ball part in the wiki (I went to check what was written there), know that yes that raphtalia was a still a kid mentally, I already said anime raphtalia/ really early of thethe serie raphtalia can be said that she was being rapidly developing into an adult (I mean you can't just poof, now I'm mentally an adult smh)
As for the relationship, are we going of what time in the serie, and who perspective?
If we talking really on, nao thought she was like a daughter, "thought" but not think, the guy is thinking more like her boyfriend sometimes but he mistaking it for daughter view, at that point he was in denial to any romantic emotions and at the same time mistook raphtalia feelings, doesn't help that the cursed serie is suppressing his already suppressed emotions.
If it helps right now in JP LN ( wasn't translated yet) raphtalia and naofumi are in a romantic relationship a pure one, both are still virgins as nao is not comfortable with anything sex related and raphtalia understands
The wikia is missing a lot of information, if I have to say it follows the anime more, doesn't even have any information of light novel raphtalia only one thing and that she a katana hero now and no longer nao slave
And I'm mostly going with the light novel more than the manga and anime.
Raphtalia isn't a servant, a servant will do anything that the master ask, she doesn't, when nao is in the wrong or going sth wrong she will protests about it and nao appreciate that about her
Don't mistake loyalty of someone in love to being a servant.
Raphtalia doesn't see naofumi as a father figure, she already have a father to look up to (that dead..) that just nao projecting his denial thoughts into someone.
sheild hero is in naofumi perspective.
If you want to know about shield hero plz don't read the wikia, that like reading about higurashi in the wikia lvl (ok not to the same lvl, but shield hero wikia is following the anime more, there's a WN page wikia there but it's uncanon considering there was big changes in the LN and it's still ongoing with 21 volumes now, but if it helps raphtalia is nao waifu at the end didn't really read the WN so can't go into details)
Even other characters don't see nao and raphtalia relationship as one of father and daughter.
Here an example
Rishia: " you guys totally look like an old couple" (going I remember that part well, but there more, will go look for the page later on maybe)
Raphtalia: *blush hard*
Nao: *oblivious as fuck* don't say it like that, raphtalia doesn't like it, beside raphtalia don't want to be in a relationship but see me as a father
Raphtalia: *I what look*
Rishia: good luck mate, he a hard one
Raphtalia: yea I know that (and said sth else that I forget about it's about nao dense power I think )
Nao: *totally confused of the talk and doesn't want to see the possibly that raph love him*

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
thanks for the clarifications, Asa-chan, i know absolutely nothing abt the series except what ive read on wiki, sorry if i ve been misled. But i think most of people know/rely more about the anime than the LN, sadly its the same for most of adaptations (like TPN, not that the adaptation is bad far from it, its not as good as Kny sadly but well... but still a lot of people loved the anime but missed a lot of stuff due to its adapatation or got some stuff slightly changed)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Voted for kouka. I don't know much about her tbh but her not being a 10 year old in the body of a young adult/late teen with doggy ears is enough.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Voted for Kouka. Asako's campaign is great and if this was against anyone other than Kouka she'd have my vote, but Kouka is one of my favorite characters in Gintama and confirmed waifu material, not to mention Erin's loyalty is one of the best things I've seen in this competition :nod

Status
Not open for further replies.