On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english Edited Manga is publicly released.
  • Posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter outside this thread must be kept within tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars or posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a common courtesy. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released, so please adhere to them. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.
  • Remain on topic, do not discuss topics which could derail the thread from current chapter discussion. Search the forum for other appropriate thread or use the Mega Convo thread.
  • Forum rules and etiquette is applied as normal.

Cortes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Information about Joyboy? Wonderful! I like it:super

Sadly a break again but hopefully more infos afterwards.

Yoko75

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
As expected we are going to get some info on the Void Century, but according to the spoilers VP doesn't know all that much. Still at least a little will be worth something. Plus we have Joyboy who was from the AK and apparently had the power to stretch. More Luffy=Joyboy connections perhaps. Looks like we're going to get more reactions from around the world as well. Plus the Mother Flame on top of it all. If these spoilers are legit then it sounds like it will be a very interesting chapter.

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This is what I expected, however this isn't even a full summary, so I can be surprised at what details he's aware of.
I don't expect VP to know the full details of the Void Century because that's for Robin to eventually reveal to the world, at least this is what I think is her role in the story.
He might have a vague gist of it, but he shouldn't have the full details.
Hope we do get a full summary, so we can draw the conclusion between the little VP knows and why the world sinking is going to happen.

SupremeMod

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Doesn't sound like too much story progression but at least we might get a silhouette of Joyboy or something.

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
As expected we are going to get some info on the Void Century, but according to the spoilers VP doesn't know all that much. Still at least a little will be worth something. Plus we have Joyboy who was from the AK and apparently had the power to stretch. More Luffy=Joyboy connections perhaps. Looks like we're going to get more reactions from around the world as well. Plus the Mother Flame on top of it all. If these spoilers are legit then it sounds like it will be a very interesting chapter.
I think Vegapunk made some connexions with his science about DF and Ancient Kingdoms weapons (mother flame). So, everything concerning poneglyphes, he doesn't know anything.
Which is good because otherwise Robin's role would have been deleted and all the things about Ohara too would have been pointless and unnecessary.

So, Vegapunk confims that JoyBoy was able to stretch his body.

I still expect Luffy to be able to become fluide like logias. This way, he will have the propreties of 3 types, to face BB.
Also, knowing that elasticity is produiced by extracting resines from threes. I expect him to become fluide at some point.

Overall chapter, Oda tries to reveal things without revealing too much. Which is bad writting.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought we were on a break this week 😭

Seems we're continuing into the transmission. Even if we don't get details I hope we get a bit more AK lore.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
it is the right moment to start the "mother" of flashbacks.

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I thought we were on a break this week 😭

Seems we're continuing into the transmission. Even if we don't get details I hope we get a bit more AK lore.
Which means, we still have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter. Since we got spoilers very early (supposed for next week).

it is the right moment to start the "mother" of flashbacks.
I think we will see Ancient Kingdom-JoyBoy's flashbacks with Im-sama. Since she seems to be connected to them.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
i know that matching mythologies to one piece has proven to be the wrong way, but the title implies that the AK people took the sun for more than a religious symbol. Perhaps they invented an artificial sun or something....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I suppose it fits that vegapunk would get specifically into joyboy related stuff. His interest in him has been evident since he saw luffy's awakened form. And it fits into the robot's own awakening apparently. Joyboy also has a connection to noah which is presumably related to saving fishmen from some disaster.

I wonder if the world sinking pertains to wano's walls falling. Wano as we saw it was pretty damn huge, with multiple regions and weathers at play. And even then most of it was underwater. If the walls fall down then that's going to create huge waves at least. Big enough to maybe even cross the calm belt and beyond...

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
A lot of what we know, the people in the world of One Piece do not know.

The Poneglyph related information we know iirc is this:
  1. We know from the Tontattas as far back as 900 years ago, Donquixote family were already exploiting them and enslaving them... so we already know about the racism and slavery history of the WG.
  2. Existence of Joyboy.
  3. Existence of a Kingdom whose name we're yet to be told - I feel VP will tell us this.
  4. Ancient Kingdom fought against the 20 Kingdoms, but lost for some reason.
  5. Before the AK lost, they distributed Poneglyphs all over the world to places like Skypiea, Wano, Fishman Island, Zou and Alabasta.
  6. AK had access to Ancient Fuel that could power the entire world and end wars regarding energy - knowing the WG are against equality or freedom and wanted to live like Oligarchs, they would be against sharing such knowledge or technology.
  7. AK had technology to enrich the lives of everyone and make the world a better place.
  8. AK allied with Minks, Fishmen, Lunarians (who are waiting for Joyboy/wiped out by WG), Skypieans, etc.
  9. Poneglyph also possess information about Ancient Weapons location.
  10. Ancient Kingdom had a philosophy that the 20 Kingdoms were against, and we can deduce it's anything opposite to the ideals of the current WG - WG are all for racism, slavery, inequality and control/power.
  11. WG seemingly wiped out many races and opposition in order to become the world power it is today.
  12. The World is ruled by 1 person, Imu - WG has lied to the world into thinking it's a democracy - this knowledge specifically will cause nations to lose trust in the WG if they can prove it.

I'm expecting these are the things that VP might touch on and expose to the world. We will get the gist, but we probably won't get the details.

However, I think the Void Century will specifically detail the history of the WG's atrocities before they came into power.
Furthermore, we do know the Navy is just the face of the WG - meant to make the WG look good because in reality, the WG are a deeply corrupt organisation.
They killed the people of Flevance for example, and for the world to know there's probably a 100 year history where such attrocities were rampant... will force the would to turn against the Celestial Dragons, and this is what the WG ultimately can't allow in order to remain in power.
So lies and deception is all they can use, and we won't know the true history until the SHs reach Laughtale.
Like Whitebeard said, once One Piece is found, said founder will hold the weight of history on his shoulders and this will trigger a world war essentially.

It's easy to assume because we know some of these details, that it's common knowledge, but even the existence of Poneglyph is something only known by Pirates first-hand if they get to Lodestar which Roger was the first to do.
It's after this that people decide to look for Poneglyph, and get interest in Wano and Laughtale ultimately.

sarutobi_sensei

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I suppose it fits that vegapunk would get specifically into joyboy related stuff. His interest in him has been evident since he saw luffy's awakened form. And it fits into the robot's own awakening apparently. Joyboy also has a connection to noah which is presumably related to saving fishmen from some disaster.

I wonder if the world sinking pertains to wano's walls falling. Wano as we saw it was pretty damn huge, with multiple regions and weathers at play. And even then most of it was underwater. If the walls fall down then that's going to create huge waves at least. Big enough to maybe even cross the calm belt and beyond...
I keep going back to Madam Sherleys prediction that Luffy will destroy Fishman Island, but this will be because the redline will get destroyed and Fishman Island is right under it. That would certainly cause a level of raise in the oceans that would be unprecedented.

I don't think that Wano on its own would be enough to make it rise for flooding around the world. Maybe parts of it, but we'll see.

Still, with the destruction of Lulusia it was immediately 1 meter higher. I would've imagined it would've dipped cause there's no landmass there to fill the void

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I pointed out that the translation of "Mother Flame" as "Mother Frame" by Viz or Stephan was incorrect. What an incompetent translator! ! I had suspected that the 'Mother Flame' was a source of energy for Uranus, and this chapter appears to confirm that.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I keep going back to Madam Sherleys prediction that Luffy will destroy Fishman Island, but this will be because the redline will get destroyed and Fishman Island is right under it. That would certainly cause a level of raise in the oceans that would be unprecedented.

I don't think that Wano on its own would be enough to make it rise for flooding around the world. Maybe parts of it, but we'll see.

Still, with the destruction of Lulusia it was immediately 1 meter higher. I would've imagined it would've dipped cause there's no landmass there to fill the void
Lulusia didn't seem like a big island at all. Wano as we know it is immensely larger. And the body of water around it is obviously much larger but more importantly deep. We saw a glimpse of that when robin went to the poneglyph. Not sure of how tall the walls are but at least hundreds of meters sounds about right. Of the walls are destroyed and all that water is released at once then there's no way this doesn't cause immense damage around.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Which means, we still have to wait 2 weeks for the next chapter. Since we got spoilers very early (supposed for next week).
Sadly true. Only putting off the inevitable
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I wonder if the Mother Flame is going to turn out to be something more similar to the Gorosei circle than anything else. It could be a literal magic fire that burns eternally and was originally protected by Lunarians. Maybe the technology VP developed is about harnessing that power for practical purposes vs creating the flame itself. Would be interesting to extend the magic concept with more ancient lore being revealed.

susanoo13

Reaction score
Country
Israel
That "he starts talking about the void century". This needs more info ASAP since the implications about setting a message for when he dies while only naming a person and a power won't change much on a global scale. I want to know what will make the jaws of the people worldwide to drop to the floor even if the information is incomplete for it to be worth setting off as some kind of an information nuke.