On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Atleast this confirms what I already had to defend earlier weeks, that Vegapunk knew about Mother Flame and it wasn't just Yorks thing alone.
Initially I thought it was the weapon until re-reading the fact Dragon and Ivankov said it makes no sense for VP to make a weapon, or something that's obviously for a weapon.
Pacifista were made to really go after criminals and aren't things as powerful as Ancient Weapons.
Ability to destroy an Island is a power of an Ancient Weapon and they theorised the WG had one, but then asked why aren't the WG using it if they have such a thing?
And the Mother Flame being a fuel that can power Uranus would make sense.
More so when the Gorosei refused to destroy Egghead knowing full well it would end access to the Mother Flame.
And also VP's obsession with Energy, he's been trying to find a renewable source of Energy to end wars which he can only learn from learning about the Void Century.
Makes a lot of sense that the Mother Flame is a source of energy.
Energy isn't inherently evil, most things aren't inherently evil... just depends how one uses it like a knife... can use it to make food or to hurt people.

korwinkrulpolski

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
What's interesting is how Vegapunk switched from "the world will sunk into the sea" to "ancient kingdom". If Vegapunk is just randomly switching the topic, it would be weird. And if he doesn't know much, why he knows that world will sunk into the sea and why will it happen?

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
What's interesting is how Vegapunk switched from "the world will sunk into the sea" to "ancient kingdom". If Vegapunk is just randomly switching the topic, it would be weird. And if he doesn't know much, why he knows that world will sunk into the sea and why will it happen?
He started with the conclusion of what he plans on revealing, so I assume now he's gone back to the beginning and we'll go from there.

Last edited:

Trip_LLL

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
He started with the conclusion of what he plans on revealing, so I assume now he's gone back to the beginning and we'll go from there.
This is probably the correct read. It's the same thing you do if you're writing an academic paper. You state what your paper is going to conclude in the first paragraph, and then the rest of the paper is the explanation of how you reach the conclusion.
Also, an executive summary would follow a similar idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradhimself

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It begins! The story of Joyboy is being outlined outside of the the Poneglyphs.

I sincerely hope the Joyboy flashback (when it eventually comes) is well padded out, and if it is not, then a spin off Manga about Joyboyis created.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If the mother flame is an energy source then perhaps the gorosei already had the weapon which they fired against lulusia but didn't have the means to charge it.
Yeah I kinda thought the Mother Flame was an emulation of the AK's power source. Like Vegapunk mentioned early in the arc about creating a sun.

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Well, nothing too interesting at this moment. We need some more details I guess.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
strech it, curiosity killed the Cat Mink. Should have known early spoilers wer to come but a summary likely will take time to get there. And even if not, the chapter wnt realese thsi week. And then after a break as expected.
So only now Vegapunk start to talk about the Void Century? Granted given the Doom that looms over the World, I guess starting with that will make people listen to the rest of his broadcast more desperatly. Perhaps he is here to talk that Joyboy tried to find a way to overcome the Flood? And although we alreayd knew that Nika powers were connected to Joyboy, now I do wonder if the friends of Luffy, that hears this about Joyboy, will start to wonder if there is a connected piece. Perhaps thier faith in luffy will increase even more now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A lot of what we know, the people in the world of One Piece do not know.

The Poneglyph related information we know iirc is this:
  1. We know from the Tontattas as far back as 900 years ago, Donquixote family were already exploiting them and enslaving them... so we already know about the racism and slavery history of the WG.
  2. Existence of Joyboy.
  3. Existence of a Kingdom whose name we're yet to be told - I feel VP will tell us this.
  4. Ancient Kingdom fought against the 20 Kingdoms, but lost for some reason.
  5. Before the AK lost, they distributed Poneglyphs all over the world to places like Skypiea, Wano, Fishman Island, Zou and Alabasta.
  6. AK had access to Ancient Fuel that could power the entire world and end wars regarding energy - knowing the WG are against equality or freedom and wanted to live like Oligarchs, they would be against sharing such knowledge or technology.
  7. AK had technology to enrich the lives of everyone and make the world a better place.
  8. AK allied with Minks, Fishmen, Lunarians (who are waiting for Joyboy/wiped out by WG), Skypieans, etc.
  9. Poneglyph also possess information about Ancient Weapons location.
  10. Ancient Kingdom had a philosophy that the 20 Kingdoms were against, and we can deduce it's anything opposite to the ideals of the current WG - WG are all for racism, slavery, inequality and control/power.
  11. WG seemingly wiped out many races and opposition in order to become the world power it is today.
  12. The World is ruled by 1 person, Imu - WG has lied to the world into thinking it's a democracy - this knowledge specifically will cause nations to lose trust in the WG if they can prove it.

I'm expecting these are the things that VP might touch on and expose to the world. We will get the gist, but we probably won't get the details.

However, I think the Void Century will specifically detail the history of the WG's atrocities before they came into power.
Furthermore, we do know the Navy is just the face of the WG - meant to make the WG look good because in reality, the WG are a deeply corrupt organisation.
They killed the people of Flevance for example, and for the world to know there's probably a 100 year history where such attrocities were rampant... will force the would to turn against the Celestial Dragons, and this is what the WG ultimately can't allow in order to remain in power.
So lies and deception is all they can use, and we won't know the true history until the SHs reach Laughtale.
Like Whitebeard said, once One Piece is found, said founder will hold the weight of history on his shoulders and this will trigger a world war essentially.

It's easy to assume because we know some of these details, that it's common knowledge, but even the existence of Poneglyph is something only known by Pirates first-hand if they get to Lodestar which Roger was the first to do.
It's after this that people decide to look for Poneglyph, and get interest in Wano and Laughtale ultimately.
Yeah I agree. I am uncertain if Vegapunk will get all that information out though before the broadcast get cut.
. This "Great Incident" can be many things now.
After all, so far the People do not know WHO killed Vegapunk. They may just assume that it was Luffy, and unless Vegapunk can get some more info out on the Void and the crimes the 20 Kings did back then, then the Goverment can still spin that all this is Luffys fault. Although now that Vegapunk may have mentioned that Joyboy had "stretching powers" the friends of Luffy, should at least make a connection there and have even more faith in him.
Having said all that, I think Vegapunk started to talk about the Looming Flood, just so people can listen to his boradcast more clearly and start to question the world. After all, few have questioned the world, and maybe that is the hidden meaning of "Great Incident". And that will give rise to more people starting to defy the Celestial Dragons.
Its hard to see how of this can conclude. But since the Goverment have been built on lies and deciet, mabe there is an EVEN deeper lie within the Lie. I mean, this is just a headcannon and likely not true, but what if the Goverment founders was not 20
but 2. Lily and Imu.
After all we still are unsure of why the Lily Nefitari was one of these 20 before defecting and taking the name of the D. Or even why she at first was part of these 20. We may yet know the name of the other 20, but so far what we can see, they were all despicable and slavers. And since Imu is the Darkest Secret, it makes me wonder why Imu is so intrested in wanting Vivi. But all of that is headcannon nd likely not true. It would have been a shock though.

CharlosTenryuubito

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could be a coincidence, but 4 original yonkos each represent attributes of Joyboy : Big Mom with her diversity, Kaido with his zoan power, Shirohige with his white color known as signature color of sun god, and Shanks (probably Joyboy is someone with strongest haki in his time) but I prefer Shanks represent his straw hat.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Could be a coincidence, but 4 original yonkos each represent attributes of Joyboy : Big Mom with her diversity, Kaido with his zoan power, Shirohige with his white color known as signature color of sun god, and Shanks (probably Joyboy is someone with strongest haki in his time) but I prefer Shanks represent his straw hat.
I like this theory, and it maybe be even true broadly speaking.
I'll bet Oda would say that was his intention all along lol but in reality he just went with it lol.

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
As much as I am looking forward to seeing Joyboy and the flashback. I feel like once he has been properly established in the story that he will be referenced waaaay too much. Given where we are in the story, and how much of a mystery he has been.. I just have a feeling it will become too much of a focal point.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Its hard to see how of this can conclude. But since the Goverment have been built on lies and deciet, mabe there is an EVEN deeper lie within the Lie. I mean, this is just a headcannon and likely not true, but what if the Goverment founders was not 20
but 2. Lily and Imu.
Too much implications with this one imo.
The point of the Poneglyph is to reveal the truth, they were created 800 years ago to record history that was going to end up lost.
If the Poneglyph are wrong about the foundational history of the world, then what can be trusted?
It would undermine the importance and the legitimacy of the Poneglyph, so I personally think there were 20 kingdoms - pretty sure this is written on the Poneglyph or confirmed since Dr. Clover did mention it.
I think the key thing that the world needs to know regarding this is the fact there's only 1 true leader.

Lily was the leader of Alabasta, we know she had a Poneglyph regarding Pluton which was created in Water7 and moved to Wano.
Imu said she made a blunder that resulted in the Poneglyph being spread around the world where they wouldn't be able to find it, so I'm guessing her hiding Pluton which is aiding the Ancient Kingdom is why she was killed.

We did see Imu with a picture of Vivi, so I'm guessing he's always held a grudge against the Nefeltari family. He also had a picture of Shirahoshi, so perhaps he's also aware of the fact Poseidon originates from Fishman Island.

Last edited:

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seems like anyone who knows about Joy Boy and Luffy's powers will conclude that both are one and the same from here on out. Gonna be interesting to see how people approach Luffy from here on out.

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I pointed out that the translation of "Mother Flame" as "Mother Frame" by Viz or Stephan was incorrect. What an incompetent translator! ! I had suspected that the 'Mother Flame' was a source of energy for Uranus, and this chapter appears to confirm that.

This may be a terrible theory but it would explain a ton...I wonder if Joyboy created the MF by giving up his energy source to enrich the lives of others. Thereby powering everything. He put a limiter and didn't care. Which would explain why Luffy continuously runs out of juice.

For the 'big fight' he will reabsorb the MF or whatever his energy is and have basically unlimited "MP" (think video games) and then give it up again to help the world.

Maybe VP only found what Joyboy took out and developed it further.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Always assumed Nika (which means grinning/smiling) was synonymous with JOYBOY. Pretty sure, or at least I'd bet they're the same thing.
Some refer to him as Nika and some refer to him as Joyboy.

Quite funny that Roger named the Island with the One Piece "LAUGH...tale".
A tale full of laughs(smiles/grins/Joyboy/Nika) and pretty much meaning that the Void Century are the tales of Joyboy/Nika against the WG.

Regarding Luffy's dream, I bet it's a play on him being Nika/Joyboy meaning potentially, he wants to make the entire world laugh/smile... a play on his name.

Yoko75

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a good point. My guess is that they are in direct correlation of one another that whatever VP is going to tell everyone and that perhaps the AK was the first to sink during what I assume was the first cleansing by Imu. We know that Joyboy is from the AK and was threat to Imu at the time so he destroyed it and sunk it to begin the cleanse also by eliminating Joyboy thus preventing him from possibly trying to stop it from happening. We know it's all connected. The mother flame, AK, Imu, Void Century etc.. I guess it's speculation at this point or at least until we hear the rest of VP's message and tells everyone what he does know. Robin will probably be the one to fill in the rest with her knowledge of the ponoglyphs. She definitely should know the name of the AK from the ponoglyph she read in Ohara. Shanks and Rayleigh should know more about it since the Roger pirates found Laugh tale and the ponoglyphs. I guess we'll just have to wait until more is revealed.

Last edited:

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I pointed out that the translation of "Mother Flame" as "Mother Frame" by Viz or Stephan was incorrect. What an incompetent translator! ! I had suspected that the 'Mother Flame' was a source of energy for Uranus, and this chapter appears to confirm that.
The Government has Uranus?

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Ancient Kingdom had access to an unlimited endless source of energy.
They had technology way more advanced than Vegapunk who was 500 years ahead of the current technological limitations.
Had a way to give the world access to information, to educate themselves for free like the internet.

I can't help but entertain that the Ancient Kingdom also had cures to ALL diseases, and the Gorosei who banned research on Poneglyph pretty much have withheld access to better health and free health for the world.
Or food like Sanji's which is even more nutritious, food that can keep people from feeling hungry for days that could end world hunger.

The WG would have a lot to answer for.
Pretty much like if it got revealed that there was actually a cure to cancer, colds, flus and the government just kept it a secret... that would surely possibly cause riots.