On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

GARLAMD

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I’m glad I can see the beginning of all the explanation shelved by Oda since 25 years when I discovered One Piece.
Finaly he talks about Joyboy and the void century, finaly all the pieces of the puzzle will come together.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Could be a coincidence, but 4 original yonkos each represent attributes of Joyboy : Big Mom with her diversity, Kaido with his zoan power, Shirohige with his white color known as signature color of sun god, and Shanks (probably Joyboy is someone with strongest haki in his time) but I prefer Shanks represent his straw hat.
I've been saying for years that the Emperors were all reflections of Luffy himself. I guess backporting that idea to Joyboy makes sense, given the Nika of it all.

wilhelfizh

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
The Mother Flame is the same flame like one on the Lunarian's back. Once was only one bearer, like any other Ancient Weapon. Vegapunk only copied the same technology. Lunarian is better version of Seraphim.

kg21tmac11

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Always assumed Nika (which means grinning/smiling) was synonymous with JOYBOY. Pretty sure, or at least I'd bet they're the same thing.
Some refer to him as Nika and some refer to him as Joyboy.

Quite funny that Roger named the Island with the One Piece "LAUGH...tale".
A tale full of laughs(smiles/grins/Joyboy/Nika) and pretty much meaning that the Void Century are the tales of Joyboy/Nika against the WG.

Regarding Luffy's dream, I bet it's a play on him being Nika/Joyboy meaning potentially, he wants to make the entire world laugh/smile... a play on his name.
You know, about Luffy’s dream…. Wasn’t there instances, sabo flash back and on the ship after Wano arc, he stated what he always wanted to do/become? And we never, as readers, do not know what Luffy actually said.

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
They didn't, it is an assumption.
Why would they assume the Mother Flame has all this history with Uranus even though they didn't explain said history

Buggy D. Clown

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Isn't the summary or chapter even usually out by now??

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Technically a break week. We just got the spoiler early?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why would they assume the Mother Flame has all this history with Uranus even though they didn't explain said history
Because that's what us fans doooo!

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Cause theirs so little know about it in universe, and a popular theory is that the WG have it. Since they have the emerald flame they just assumed that connection.

Last edited:

Yami-Kun

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Its a theory, we are assuming as an explanation for the lighting incident at Lulucia Kingdom.
With such "weapon" destruction power why they only do it to Lulucia Kingdom?
If the "weapon" was easily to use whenever they wanted then why the use of Buster call?
No Witnesses i guess
Fuel must be the problem, thats a reason for G5 moving.

Golden week

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
yes, they do. They use the Mother Flame as an energy source for it.
Pretty sure it was you I debated with when I initially thought the Mother Flame was the the Weapon, but you said it was the fuel at the time iirc? Impressed, I think it's twice I've debated with you and been completely in the wrong, lol.

You know, about Luffy’s dream…. Wasn’t there instances, sabo flash back and on the ship after Wano arc, he stated what he always wanted to do/become? And we never, as readers, do not know what Luffy actually said.
Yeah, I don't think they actually mentioned so it's a bit of a guessing game atm.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its a theory, we are assuming as an explanation for the lighting incident at Lulucia Kingdom.
With such "weapon" destruction power why they only do it to Lulucia Kingdom?
If the "weapon" was easily to use whenever they wanted then why the use of Buster call?
No Witnesses i guess
Fuel must be the problem, thats a reason for G5 moving.

Golden week
Well if York goes with them and makes infinite Mother Flames, then I guess we'll have to get Shirahoshi and Pluton soon in order to properly counter back.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't get this idea about Mother Flame becoming energy source to Pluton, dunno where ppl get this

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't get this idea about Mother Flame becoming energy source to Pluton, dunno where ppl get this
Might be partially fueled by the idea that it's presumed to be impossible that to be anything else aside from an Ancient Weapon, given Shirahoshi's power.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I've been saying for years that the Emperors were all reflections of Luffy himself. I guess backporting that idea to Joyboy makes sense, given the Nika of it all.
I'm too lazy to go to the post you quoted and reply to that, just to get that out of the way.

But I think Shanks's personality is closer to Luffy/Joyboy than his haki, or at least personality and haki. Isn't Shanks almost always relaxed and laidback, even when people mess with him?