Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 372 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Not including Im/Gorosei, something like this:

1. Dragon
  2. Kaido
  3. Big Mom
  4. Akainu
  5. Garp
  6. Sengoku
  7. Kong
  8. Shanks
  9. Mihawk
  10. Aokiji
  11. Kizaru
  12. Rayleigh
  13. Blackbeard
  14. Greenbull
  15. Fujitora
  16. Megallan
  17. Sabo
  18. Luffy
  19. Shiryu
  20. Ben Beckmann
  21. Marco
  22. Katakuri
  23. King
  24. Kuma
  25. Kidd
  26. Law
  27. Zoro
  28. Boa Hancock
  29. Queen
  30. Smoothie

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm always unsure about Dragon. He must certainly be strong as he's Garp's son, on top of being the world's most wanted man. That title though, the way I've always seen it was more about the threat he posed to the WG rather than just strength.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

1. Dragon
  2. Kaido
  3. Big Mom
  4. Akainu
  5. Garp
  6. Sengoku
  7. Kong
  8. Shanks
  9. Mihawk
  10. Aokiji
  11. Kizaru
  12. Rayleigh
  13. Blackbeard
  14. Greenbull
  15. Fujitora
  16. Megallan
  17. Sabo
  18. Luffy
  19. Shiryu
  20. Ben Beckmann
  21. Marco
  22. Katakuri
  23. King
  24. Kuma
  25. Kidd
  26. Law
  27. Zoro
  28. Boa Hancock
  29. Queen
  30. Smoothie
Overall solid list.

Surprised to see Magellan that high given he hasn't shown.

Kuma is another surprise.

Also, BB seems a little low. I'm assuming you're waiting for more feats?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm always unsure about Dragon. He must certainly be strong as he's Garp's son, on top of being the world's most wanted man. That title though, the way I've always seen it was more about the threat he posed to the WG rather than just strength.
It could be individual strength or it could be collective strength. Though given his title and his hype, I think he floats around Yonko, Admiral level.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@Brandish μ Also, is that prime Garp and Sengoku?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
For the purpose of this debate you have until tomorrow to properly do your TOP 30 or I'll judge that you concede Smoker is not a top 30 character on your list, because frankly, this isn't how tops lists works LOL. It should be pretty simple, either Smoker is in your top 30 and you leave some characters out or he isn't. It's sly to try and shove characters in like this.

So to explain, ties are allowed BUT, there can only be 30 characters on your list. Cool? You'll have until this time tomorrow. Otherwise there's not even any point in debating the matter.
We already ended talk awhile back on Smoker stuff to agree to disagree, so even I change it more, it won't take away on where current Smoker would end up later.

As someone who witness all your debates before and after many posts were deleted, I can confirm that he never said that. Not even once.
The one and only who ever said that is Nik
Idk about that, but true on Nik was typing a lot that too. Though almost sound like same thing when people state Zoro in similar form. Also forgive me not taking your word on the matter either.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

1. Dragon
  2. Kaido
  3. Big Mom
  4. Akainu
  5. Garp
  6. Sengoku
  7. Kong
  8. Shanks
  9. Mihawk
  10. Aokiji
  11. Kizaru
  12. Rayleigh
  13. Blackbeard
  14. Greenbull
  15. Fujitora
  16. Megallan
  17. Sabo
  18. Luffy
  19. Shiryu
  20. Ben Beckmann
  21. Marco
  22. Katakuri
  23. King
  24. Kuma
  25. Kidd
  26. Law
  27. Zoro
  28. Boa Hancock
  29. Queen
  30. Smoothie
If you can put Zoro out of the list, then I would say this is perfect around, but can't say he is stronger than Hancock, Queen, and Smoothie given on performance we see him struggle with enemies weaker than them. Also bring down Mihawk as him stronger than Aokiji and Kizaru is not working as well with Rayleigh and Blackbeard. He could be with New Admirals, but so far his Marineford performance push anything against he is Admiral given diffeent vibe we got from between them. Also why overpush on Megallen up there? He really isn't top 30 from what we seen.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
That was related too. I remember also Pirate Queen saying you can't use goal as why Zoro be stronger as Sanji is not swordsmen, so he can be stronger or even equal to him as it won't hurt his character with Sanji.

Sorry typo. Idk why 'not' was in there.
Just because it won't hurt character development, doesn't mean they are equal.

Zoro is always going to be stronger than Sanji. Even by a little bit.... but he just doesn't have to be. Which was the basis for my arguement.

You put words in Peoples mouths too often.

He never said he thought Zoro would be the strongest....

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just because it won't hurt character development, doesn't mean they are equal.

Zoro is always going to be stronger than Sanji. Even by a little bit.... but he just doesn't have to be. Which was the basis for my arguement.

You put words in Peoples mouths too often.

He never said he thought Zoro would be the strongest....
Sorry, couldn't check back since they were deleted. Could only remember you guys debating a lot until mod step in, so thought it going to that level.

Sanji and Zoro destined equals on the crew given they are Luffy's Left-Hand and Right-Hand when he isn't around.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, couldn't check back since they were deleted. Could only remember you guys debating a lot until mod step in, so thought it going to that level.

Sanji and Zoro destined equals on the crew given they are Luffy's Left-Hand and Right-Hand when he isn't around.
Besides Nik, I don't think anyone has said Zoro will be strongest EoS.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Besides Nik, I don't think anyone has said Zoro will be strongest EoS.
Not true, Shasha also (Btw Shasha actually change their profile and signature to your bet. Congratz!) and pretty sure Afro and GM are like that as well. Few people honestly believe Zoro stronger than even Luffy, so not just him only.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
it won't take away on where current Smoker would end up later.
So it's Smoker's future potential that ranks him in your top 30 and where he is based on current showing? Okay, that settles that then.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It could be individual strength or it could be collective strength. Though given his title and his hype, I think he floats around Yonko, Admiral level.
I wouldn't disagree with that per se, just that personally I don't think I can put him on top of my list until we get more of an indication to his strength in the manga, rather than vague references and just hype.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I wouldn't disagree with that per se, just that personally I don't think I can put him on top of my list until we get more of an indication to his strength in the manga, rather than vague references and just hype.
No I agree. I don't believe he's the strongest or top 3 character. Top 10 within the 7-10 range.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
So it's Smoker's future potential that ranks him in your top 30 and where he is based on current showing? Okay, that settles that then.
Actually Top 5 as EOS given how he is going, he is like Garp of this generation, so he be Future Fleet Admiral given his resolve for change and chasing after Strawhats around. His Current atm is Top 30 as given it been awhile since PH arc, he gotten stronger since then and it would fit Oda's narrative of how he want to see Smoker.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've even seen people put Dragon as a top 15.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

1. Dragon
  2. Kaido
  3. Big Mom
  4. Akainu
  5. Garp
  6. Sengoku
  7. Kong
  8. Shanks
  9. Mihawk
  10. Aokiji
  11. Kizaru
  12. Rayleigh
  13. Blackbeard
  14. Greenbull
  15. Fujitora
  16. Megallan
  17. Sabo
  18. Luffy
  19. Shiryu
  20. Ben Beckmann
  21. Marco
  22. Katakuri
  23. King
  24. Kuma
  25. Kidd
  26. Law
  27. Zoro
  28. Boa Hancock
  29. Queen
  30. Smoothie
1. Why rank Dragon so high when he's an unknown?
2. Why not put Kaidou and Big Mom as a tie given they were evenly matched when they fought?
3. Why not put Shanks higher, especially considering he was able to stop the war, make Blackbeard run away, and I believe was able to talk to the Gorosei without being stopped, despite being a pirate? Plus, the whole thing with Whitebeard.
4. Don't agree with Luffy being above most of these people, except for Law (?).

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Blackbeard
  2. Kaido
  3. Big Mom
  4. Shanks
  5. Mihawk
  6. Ben Beckman
  7. Akainu
  8. Garp
  9. Rayleigh
  10. Sengoku
  11. Aokiji
  12. Kizaru
  13. Fujitora
  14. Ryugyouku
  15. Tsuru
  16. Yasopp
  17. Roo
  18. King
  19. Queen
  20. Jack
  21. Marco
  22. Sabo
  23. Luffy
  24. Katakuri
  25. Smoothie
  26. Cracker
  27. Uroge
  28. Boa
  29. Vista
  30. Jozu
This list doesn't even include folks who are implied to be strong/don't have spoken hype or those who are just lacking recent feats, but should be on the level. Hell, I could still add a few more Revolutionary Commanders since they were able to fight alongside Sabo when they clashed with the Admirals at the Reverie. And this list isn't the exact order I think they are strong in. I just went from those who I know are at the top and made my way down. 1-14 are likely literally in the same tier or around the same level.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Blackbeard
  2. Kaido
  3. Big Mom
  4. Shanks
  5. Mihawk
  6. Ben Beckman
  7. Akainu
  8. Garp
  9. Rayleigh
  10. Sengoku
  11. Aokiji
  12. Kizaru
  13. Fujitora
  14. Ryugyouku
  15. Tsuru
  16. Yasopp
  17. Roo
  18. King
  19. Queen
  20. Jack
  21. Marco
  22. Sabo
  23. Luffy
  24. Katakuri
  25. Smoothie
  26. Cracker
  27. Uroge
  28. Boa
  29. Vista
  30. Jozu
This list doesn't even include folks who are implied to be strong/don't have spoken hype or those who are just lacking recent feats, but should be on the level. Hell, I could still add a few more Revolutionary Commanders since they were able to fight alongside Sabo when they clashed with the Admirals at the Reverie. And this list isn't the exact order I think they are strong in. I just went from those who I know are at the top and made my way down. 1-14 are likely literally in the same tier or around the same level.
Why put Mihawk above Admirals when he shown nothing to be on that scale especially Admirals are another threat entirely in power scale. Can't push him as Yonko lvl given evidence as of late. Better to push him downward until we get more evidence on where he stands, but Marineford really push him under Yonkos and Admirals that for sure.

albertwv

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know I am a little late in the discussion of Smoker, but I wanna put in my 2 cents. Moe is wrong about Top 30. Also, please ignore him when he talks about Sanji, he's another Nik.

And MUIMadara never said Zolo was going to be the strongest of all, but stronger than Sanji. Which I agree and I think everybody but a certain someone agrees.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
1. Why rank Dragon so high when he's an unknown?
I'm just guessing how strong Dragon is, based on portrayal. Agreed that he poses the greatest threat to the WG which is more than just strength - but it's impossible to separate the two imo..

Dragon is being saved for later too, which is a factor for me. Ivankov noted how strong Dragon's will is, so he's going to be a top tier haki user.

2. Why not put Kaidou and Big Mom as a tie given they were evenly matched when they fought?
I ranked them, otherwise I'd be 'on the fence' for about 20 choices.

3. Why not put Shanks higher, especially considering he was able to stop the war, make Blackbeard run away, and I believe was able to talk to the Gorosei without being stopped, despite being a pirate? Plus, the whole thing with Whitebeard.
I wanted to wedge in some of the marines, before getting to Shanks. There might be a small gap between Mama and Shanks(?).

4. Don't agree with Luffy being above most of these people, except for Law (?).
There's probably no commander stronger than Luffy atm, he's about the crack into the top tier.