Group - One Piece Tournament 2015 - Group C | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group One Piece Tournament 2015 - Group C

Select which two fighters advance.

• Nami

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Tony Tony Chopper

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Koala

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Kanjuro

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Hack

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajc46

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voted for chopper. I think with his different transformations he is versatile enough to be able to adapt and fight at least evenly with the other competitors in this group.
I didn't put a second vote in. I feel Nami is too weak in general to be a definite win (she could get lucky I suppose) and we haven't seen enough of the others' strength for me to make a proper choice.

darkprince0521

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I have seen Koala doing nothing. I have seen Kanjuro making terrible drawings that can come alive along with the fact that he is from prominent samurai group. Which makes sure that he is a capable competitor. Hack was not impressive what little time he got.

Then we have Chopper who was shown to be mid tier fighter before and now that he got stronger along with the fact that he can control his giant form; he is the winner of this group for me. and Nami is not physically strong fighter, but she has some interesting methods of fighting. and she has taken some technologies from that weather island that she can use in a battle. using her unorthodox tricks, we have seen her winning few battles and i think with better tricks and weapons, she can manage second place in this group.

Lostromos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I don't think he'll rely on his DF, rather he should use his swordsmanship, since you know he's a samurai....

I hope so :teehee

We have seen him using armament haki to coat his sword when he helped slow down the cage , so I am pretty sure he is a formidable opponent.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in the future that he is at the same level as Kinemon.

The reason I didn't vote for him is because of the alliances that I believe will be formed on this group. Only 2 people can advance to the next round and we have 2 strawhats , 2 revolutionaries and him.

I just find it natural for these teams to be formed and him being alone will definitely makes things more difficult.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I hope so :teehee

We have seen him using armament haki to coat his sword when he helped slow down the cage , so I am pretty sure he is a formidable opponent.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out in the future that he is at the same level as Kinemon.

The reason I didn't vote for him is because of the alliances that I believe will be formed on this group. Only 2 people can advance to the next round and we have 2 strawhats , 2 revolutionaries and him.

I just find it natural for these teams to be formed and him being alone will definitely makes things more difficult.
While it's true the SHs can ally, keep in mind that other characters can do the same, in particular Hack and Koala. They could pose a serious threat to the other contenders.
One other advantage Kanjuro might have, that is tied to his DF, is that he can draw the bird we saw. That could prevent him from falling into water for example.
So please take your time to consider all the possible scenarios, don't just vote for a character because he's one of your favorites.

Lostromos

Reaction score
Country
Greece
While it's true the SHs can ally, keep in mind that other characters can do the same, in particular Hack and Koala. They could pose a serious threat to the other contenders.
One other advantage Kanjuro might have, that is tied to his DF, is that he can draw the bird we saw. That could prevent him from falling into water for example.
So please take your time to consider all the possible scenarios, don't just vote for a character because he's one of your favorites.
Just for the record , I don't really favor any of the characters on this Battle group ( I actually find Nami very annoying) but since I have to choose only 2, so I did.

I have thought different scenarios , and different winners come on each scenario. I don't think that Nami and Chopper would advance on every possible scenario.

I chose them over the other 3 contenders because the scenario I see most probably happening is : Nami + Chopper vs Hack + Koala vs Kanjuro .

If I had to choose based on each 1 vs 1 battle abilities , I wouldn't include Nami probably, but since alliances can be made, I go for that scenario , hence the winners I have chosen.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Just for the record , I don't really favor any of the characters on this Battle group ( I actually find Nami very annoying) but since I have to choose only 2, so I did.

I have thought different scenarios , and different winners come on each scenario. I don't think that Nami and Chopper would advance on every possible scenario.

I chose them over the other 3 contenders because the scenario I see most probably happening is : Nami + Chopper vs Hack + Koala vs Kanjuro .

If I had to choose based on each 1 vs 1 battle abilities , I wouldn't include Nami probably, but since alliances can be made, I go for that scenario , hence the winners I have chosen.
It's really not clear cut who could ally and who wouldn't, heck it wouldn't be hard to imagine Koala, Hack and Kanjuro allying to stop Chopper in Monster Point. And while many think that all he has to do is to go in Monster form, he could have a big disadvantage after his time is up and he goes back into his normal form.
After the timeskip, Chopper has gained the ability to keep control of himself and communicate coherently while in this form which he named Monster Point (怪物強化(モンスターポイント) Monsutā Pointo?, literally "Monster Strengthening"), though his voice is significantly deeper. It is now the only form he needs a Rumble Ball for and, by eating one, he can stay in it for three minutes. However, it still requires a colossal amount of energy to use; after reverting to normal, Chopper is too exhausted to move for approximately 2–3 hours.
So he has only three minutes to win this fight, if he can't he will be drained of his energy for up to 3 hours. It's a bit risky to use it under such circumstances, especially if the others can buy the time needed for the effects to wear off. It's actually quite possible, at least in Kanjuro's case since he has Armament Haki, and he could stop Chopper's punches without his sword breaking.
This is why I believe we should all give this a good thought, and my only complaint is that we haven't seen enough from characters like Koala and Kanjuro, who could be strong, but since they were suggested we had to go with them, regardless of the lack of information about them.

Lostromos

Reaction score
Country
Greece
It's really not clear cut who could ally and who wouldn't, heck it wouldn't be hard to imagine Koala, Hack and Kanjuro allying to stop Chopper in Monster Point. And while many think that all he has to do is to go in Monster form, he could have a big disadvantage after his time is up and he goes back into his normal form.

So he has only three minutes to win this fight, if he can't he will be drained of his energy for up to 3 hours. It's a bit risky to use it under such circumstances, especially if the others can buy the time needed for the effects to wear off. It's actually quite possible, at least in Kanjuro's case since he has Armament Haki, and he could stop Chopper's punches without his sword breaking.
This is why I believe we should all give this a good thought, and my only complaint is that we haven't seen enough from characters like Koala and Kanjuro, who could be strong, but since they were suggested we had to go with them, regardless of the lack of information about them.

Going directly into monster point would be bad Strategy. Chopper is smarter than that and he has 6 more Points he could use , his monster point would be the one he would use last , since he is very aware of the side effect.

We have seen his other forms in action;they are all effective/can be used in different situations and now he can even change freely to any of them without the use of rumble ball ( except Monster point)
He can jump high, protect ,punch hard, run fast , heck he can even find an enemy's weakness. He is very well rounded.

Synergy is another thing that will play a role. Chopper and Nami ( and I suppose Hack and Koala as well) have been fighting together for long time , they know each others abilities more or less and they can use combinations.

Last edited:

Deleted member 182576

Chopper is pretty sure the winner of this round. His Monster form will beat the crap out of them all. But he wouldn't hurt Nami. So he's going to Team up with her and she's winning with him.
But when Nami has no help from Chopper, it will be Kanjuro i guess. we haven't seen him go full out.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Orange-haired girls power !! Both Koala & Nami suffered from being enslaved, want them to win this round :

Wikia said:
Koala and Nami were both in fishmen crews, but draw contrasting parallels with each other:

• While Nami was forced to join Arlong's crew against her will, Koala only traveled with the Sun Pirates because they were asked to take her.
  • While both were forced to wear their crew's mark, Koala's "mark of the sun" was put on to replace another mark. Nami's Arlong tattoo was removed and replaced with a tattoo of her own design.
  • Each girl ended up with a permanent mark replacing a former mark of enslavement as a result of affiliation with fishmen.

• When Koala joined the Sun Pirates, she was finally allowed to cry, whereas with Nami, after she was forced to join Arlong she refused to cry.
  • Koala was never forced to do any work as she was freed from slavery. Nami was forced to draw maps and act as a slave to Arlong.
  • Koala's time in the crew was only meant to be temporary while Arlong intended to keep Nami in the crew forever.
  • Koala left the crew with good memories and was sad to leave the crew while Nami's time was spent in misery and was happy to leave. This caused Koala to have a good opinion of fishmen while Nami had to put her feelings behind when she finally came across fishmen again.
  • In Koala's case, her hometown exchanged her freedom with the Marines for the lives of the fishmen. In the case of Nami's hometown, they fought against the fishmen for their freedom after the Marines betrayed them.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Koala
That's Oda genius for you :^_^, want to support those 2, Koala is strong and Nami extremely smart, both can take down others (there's no way kanjuro would hurt a lady :nah)

Btw, would love both of them to meet some day.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Well Chopper and Nami are nakama of the same crew. There's really no way Nami would team up with some one else against Chopper (especially someone she barely knows). If they do team up, that leaves the possibility of chopper and hack teaming up which would be pretty bad for them.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This could be a bad match up for Nami. A good number of her moves use some form of water vapor, which Koala or Hack should be able to use to add to their own strength with the use of Fishman Karate. She also lacks the physical strength to go up against a good majority of the opponents present and I don't think Gust Sword will take her that far. I don't see her getting by unless she sticks to another competitor, which, unless the competitors are in character, I don't see happening.

Koala, Hack, and Kanjuro are kinda, eh. Not enough to go on for an extended discussion, but Kanjuro showing proficiency in hardening puts him above the other 2 in my opinion. His DF could also cause quite a bit of trouble depending on what he (poorly) draws.

Chopper is the most obvious choice for the main winner in this round. He has a solid amount of combat feats, and is the physically strongest fighter in this round. Kanjuro's armament would pose the biggest threat to him, but I can see Monster Point fixing that.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Couldnt help it but your comment reminded me of this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iWvedIhWjM :loool .

We really dont know what are the limits of his DF. It would be funny to see him doing something like the video above.

I really like his DF , but if the DF can be only as good as the user's drawing skill....

Haha! :teehee The video makes me laugh. This is really classic. At least Coyote's drawing looks real, unlike Kanjuro's which is way off. :teehee However it appears that his drawings, despite being poorly drawn, did work to a certain extent. For example, he had drawn a large sparrow and brought it to life, and used it to escape. The only setback was due to his poor drawing that the sparrow could not fly very well.

On another account, he had use his busoshoku haki in aid of his ink brush to help Zoro and Kinemon to push back the birdcage. For this, i would give him the credit.

In terms of one vs one battle, if he uses his poor drawing, he may not be able to succeed unless he improves in his art.

In this group I would vote for Chopper as the first choice as there is enough information about him and I particularly like his perseverance in trying to succeed in life. First he was seen to be studying diligently in medicine, to become a good doctor. Though he had failed and even caused the death of his father, he did not fall back and give up. But instead he continued to study and did many research in order to become a better doctor. Besides his profession, he is also very persistent in becoming stronger physically. That is shown in how he has done research on his rumble balls and he continues to improve in the formula so that he can be useful in the crew. At this moment, he has already achieved "monster point". :^_^

Honestly it is rare for a doctor (or healer) to fulfill other roles besides his/her own role. But for Chopper, he is not just a doctor but a powerful one who can fight at the front line. It is something uncommon in most cases where a doctor assumes other responsibility other than medical practice.

I do agree that Chopper may have limitation in his abilities but I hope in time to come, he may be able to increase the time in his "battle" form through his continual research. I am really impressed with his capability. :super

The second person to vote is a difficult one. I'm tossing around the remaining people.

Nami, similarly to Chopper, is well-known to us and we have seen how she fights for a long time. Thus we have a lot of information about her. Her ability is pretty good and she has defeated many opponents who are much stronger than her. If she pairs up with Chopper, she would be very powerful. :^_^

The rest of them are quite a mystery. Koala for one, though she isn't a fishwoman, is able to learn and teach Fishman Karate and this does make her very impressive. She is also able to defeat enemies larger than her.

Hack is a fishman. Not much has been shown about him except that we know that fishmen are stronger in terms of physical strength as compared to humans. They are also very good in water since they are basically "fish" which humans have disadvantage of as humans can't breathe in water while fishmen can.

Hack is a Fishman Karate's instructor, I would reckon that he is very good in his trade for him to be in this level to teach others.

Oh my... with little information of the remaining, besides Nami and Chopper, it is a hard decision. I can even imagine Chopper and Nami vs Koala and Hack and see which team would win. :hee

I think I can leave Kanjuro out unless he can improve in his drawing. I suppose at one point he would need to utilise his ink brush in his advantage. But if he can't draw well, then whatever he draws may not work as effectively and/or efficiently to help him. His sparrow is one example.

For Hack and Koala, they are in need of a proper battle (in future arc) to showcase their abilities and skills. Hence I would leave them out at the moment.

Lastly the second person I vote for is Nami. I know how well she fights and I believe that she has gotten better after all these time. Though in Dressrosa arc, she isn't involved much, particularly in any kind of fighting, but it seems that after the Dressrosa kingdom's issue has been settled, the focus should be on her (together with the rest of the crew like Sanji, Chopper and Brook). So I'm looking forward to see Nami's performance. Hopefully she is able to come out with some new tricks. After all she is quite a smart girl and may have something up in her sleeves. :Haha

It is always sad to choose especially all of them have their unique skills and they fair differently with different opponents. So let's move forward. :^_^

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Kanjuro and Hack for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.