Quarterfinal - One Piece Tournament 2015 - Jinbe vs Monet | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal One Piece Tournament 2015 - Jinbe vs Monet

Select which fighter advances.

• Jinbe

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Monet

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
^The link you posted is not conclusive. We have no way of confirming if Jinbe used Haki pre-time skip. However, it seems pretty obvious that Jinbe is capable of hurting a logia fighter otherwise he couldn't have fought Ace to a draw. We know his techniques can directly impact the water molecules in another person's body, so I believe he could potentially hurt anyone whether they have logia abilities or not without using Haki.

Jinbe is strong enough to potentially disrupt the order of the monster trio if he joined the Straw Hats. He would not lose to someone as weak as Monet.
How is blocking a magma fist with his bare hands not proof of haki? Do you maybe think that Jimbei is lava proof or something? :p You can see here what happens to Jimbei when he is caught unaware by Akainu's magma fist http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/578/9 but in the panel I linked (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/5) You can see the magma fist doesn't burn right through him, heck Jimbei's hand even looks like its colored black (which could arguably be the first time Oda showed colored haki if you think about it). And please don't say something weird like Jimbei coated his hand in sea water to block the punch, we already saw Akainu's magma fist instantaneously evaporate a massive amount of ice so wet hands would be no issue to him. :p

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
How is blocking a magma fist with his bare hands not proof of haki? Do you maybe think that Jimbei is lava proof or something? :p You can see here what happens to Jimbei when he is caught unaware by Akainu's magma fist http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/578/9 but in the panel I linked (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/5) You can see the magma fist doesn't burn right through him, heck Jimbei's hand even looks like its colored black (which could arguably be the first time Oda showed colored haki if you think about it). And please don't say something weird like Jimbei coated his hand in sea water to block the punch, we already saw Akainu's magma fist instantaneously evaporate a massive amount of ice so wet hands would be no issue to him. :p
The problem is you are operating under the assumption that Jinbe needs Haki to block a magma punch from Akainu. Haki indeed offers good protection if utilized defensively. However, I have seen nothing to suggest someone would not be capable of blocking Akainu's fist without Haki. I see what you are saying, but those links do not provide concrete proof that he used Haki. We know Jinbe is an incredibly durable person so just because the magma fist didn't burn right thru him we can't say definitively that he was using Haki.

Last edited:

sir_rocky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
This is not even a fight. It would probably be very similar to Zoro vs. Monet.

We know Jinbe is an incredibly durable person so just because the magma fist didn't burn right thru him we can't say definitively that he was using Haki.
We have seen many durable ppl in one piece but there is no way someone would be able to take a magma punch without using haki.
Jinbe is probably the strongest fishman but from what we saw so far there is no fishman technique that would offer same protection as haki.

And although it was never clearly stated i think it's obvious that Jinbe has haki, that's like a basic requirement in the new world and many weaker ppl have it.

For example we never saw Benn Beckman use haki or fight at all but would you say that he doesn't have it?

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is not even a fight. It would probably be very similar to Zoro vs. Monet.

We have seen many durable ppl in one piece but there is no way someone would be able to take a magma punch without using haki.
Jinbe is probably the strongest fishman but from what we saw so far there is no fishman technique that would offer same protection as haki.

And although it was never clearly stated i think it's obvious that Jinbe has haki, that's like a basic requirement in the new world and many weaker ppl have it.

For example we never saw Benn Beckman use haki or fight at all but would you say that he doesn't have it?
I would have to disagree. If Jozu fought Akainu would he absolutely need Haki to a block a magma fist considering the fact he can transform his body parts into diamond giving him arguably the greatest bodily protection? No so your claim seems invalid to me. Depending on a fighter's durability or devil abilities one doesn't necessarily need Haki to defend against Akainu's attacks. Haki just offers better protection but it is not a requirement.

Jinbe can most likely utilize Haki. He's certainly knowledgeable about the ability. I'm not debating that. The issue here is it was not shown nor stated that he was using Haki in that particular panel. We can speculate all day but nothing can be said with absolute certainty which was my point from the very beginning.

Last edited:

sir_rocky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I would have to disagree. If Jozu fought Akainu would he absolutely need Haki to a block a magma fist considering the fact he can transform his body parts into diamond giving him arguably the greatest bodily protection? No so your claim seems invalid to me. Depending on a fighter's durability or devil abilities one doesn't necessarily need Haki to defend against Akainu's attacks. Haki just offers better protection but it is not a requirement.
Sorry, i wasn't clear enough. When i said that no one could take a magma punch i was talking just about durability without any df powers.

I agree that there are ppl who could rely on their df for defense instead of haki.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem is you are operating under the assumption that Jinbe needs Haki to block a magma punch from Akainu. Haki indeed offers good protection if utilized defensively. However, I have seen nothing to suggest someone would not be capable of blocking Akainu's fist without Haki. I see what you are saying, but those links do not provide concrete proof that he used Haki. We know Jinbe is an incredibly durable person so just because the magma fist didn't burn right thru him we can't say definitively that he was using Haki.
So you do think Jimbei is lava proof :p Maybe I need to read up on Whale-sharks lol.

We saw what happens when Jimbei didn't intentionally block Akainu's punch, it went right through him. But we also saw what happened when Jimbei got in the way of the punch on purpose, he was able to grab onto the lava fist without losing his hands. I really don't see how this can be interpreted as anything other than haki.

Do you need me to link Whitebeard's face getting melted off to prove that no matter how strong you are, not defending against Akainu's fist is guaranteed to melt you?

MBVC

Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
If Jinbei can't use haki then how could his fight with Ace drag out for 5 days? Ace should have grilled Jinbei within half an hour if that's the case.

Syphin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
While Monet is one of the more capable female fighters introduced in the manga (save for Big Mom, Hancock, Tsuru, etc) and an incredibly smart character, I too with some sadness have to agree that Jinbe would be the ultimate victor. Monet could and would use range and snow/cold to her advantage but Jinbe is just too experienced and capable to let that become a fatal disadvantage.

Monet is more suited to being a tactical support/defense character than a frontline offensive character.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Jinbe advances to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.