Voting Round 2 - Raphtalia vs. Kaori Miyazono | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Raphtalia vs. Kaori Miyazono

Who wins?

• Raphtalia

• Kaori Miyazono

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Raphtalia
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Kaori Miyazono
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
A trash panda or a prodigy with a death sentence 🤔 hmm
Meanie

And you're wrong, sadly for you raphtalia isn't a raccoon but a tanuki that is more closely related to foxes and dogs, tanuki are also known as raccoon dogs...
and raphtalia smell great and clean (quotes by naofumi in LN)

Last edited:

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
well i look forward to your campaigns 👀 haven't watched shield hero but everyone is crazy about her

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Anime Lindsey Stirling for me.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This might be the hardest choice of the round. The campaign will be decisive for me.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
This might be the hardest choice of the round. The campaign will be decisive for me.
Considering you what you said about Tanya last round, this should be easy for you.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Considering you what you said about Tanya last round, this should be easy for you.
Tanya was both a little girl and an insane psychopath, cannot compare it to Kaori :lambirb

Raphtalia is the most classic waifu tho...

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Tanya was both a little girl and an insane psychopath, cannot compare it to Kaori :lambirb

Raphtalia is the most classic waifu tho...
What do you have against psychopaths?

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Campaign coming later today but for now enjoy this

going to be relevant later on in my campaign so I could prefer you open the translation in the video (or wait for me)

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What do you have against psychopaths?
They dont love you, they like feeling loved but thats about it, selfishness is their main trait.

Campaign coming later today but for now enjoy this

going to be relevant later on in my campaign so I could prefer you open the translation in the video (or wait for me)
You saving the second ending song for later, good :nod

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Hey guys:

Kao-chan is currently away enjoying her weekend, but she wishes to thank everyone who voted for her in the first round.
It was a narrow victory (A little too narrow), and now she has to face another strong opponent. Which means:

This is what she is doing for her weekend, btw:

She can't really campaign at the moment, so she'll let the media promote her a little bit.

Kaori merchandise:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@Lambu I don’t know about that.

They can be a serious asset to your livelihood.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The problem I have with Kaori is, that she is cute. Yet her story only had one possible outcome and that was pretty much a given from the get go.
So basically her ending was so set-up that it became rather boring. At least for me.
Hence I could never actually understand the hype for her. Gomen.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A trash panda or a prodigy with a death sentence 🤔 hmm
Don't make me call her brother!

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Kaori will win this ! :wtf

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I don't feel betrayed at all @Darky with you saying that

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

They dont love you, they like feeling loved but thats about it, selfishness is their main trait.

You saving the second ending song for later, good :nod
Ofc I'm plus this ending could be better for the campaign, need to start building and don't skip steps

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The problem I have with Kaori is, that she is cute. Yet her story only had one possible outcome and that was pretty much a given from the get go.
So basically her ending was so set-up that it became rather boring. At least for me.
Hence I could never actually understand the hype for her. Gomen.
The alternative to her story, would have been trying to find a cure for her illness. If she lived on, I think that would have ruined the story ending. A bit like Clannad, if Nagisa was allowed to live on past her illness.
Her purpose in the story was to help Arima regain his love for music. Considering the story was based around how he had fallen out of love with it based on his mother's abuse of him, she was supposed to help him regain his feet and get back on track to his passion.

Arima on the other hand was supposed to help Miyazono live out his last days to the fullest.

Which is something I think they executed perfectly.
I can understand not taking a liking to her though. At the end of the day it's all opinionated.

One last bit, for the night. Before the serious campaigning begins:

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia

In a world where slavery is daily event, in a world where betrayal is everywhere, two people where fated save each other lifes and in turn save this rotten world...

Round 1 campaign

But how exactly did they save each others you wonder.
For that we going back to the very begin of the raphtalia story.

Background
before the waves, raphtalia lives a peaceful life with her family in the village, this village was a special one considering it's the only village for demi human in melromarc that is protected and not enslaved for the future of relationship of both humans and demi humans but everything changed when the fire nation attacked

I mean the waves of calamity

That was the turning point for raphtalia life to the worst..or maybe the setting for fate path.
Raph had to witnesses her parents sacrificial in front of her eyes, killed and eaten alive, that caused her serve problem, having nightmares every single night for the beast and her parent death

And yet she kept smiling in front of everyone, giving the villages hope of rebuilding it, encouraging them for those who were gone, for her parents, she kept it on and on not even crying for their death, she felt like she needed to be strong to give hope to her village, never giving up to despair.
When all thought help came from the capital the cheered but in the end it was all a false hope, the soldier were planning to sell all womens and children and slotting everysingle men.
Her neighborhood was killed right in front of her not by a monster but by a human, those same humans who summoned to protect them and help them recover form the wave raided the village only thinking of their own benefit
Got by the hair and then baam, nothing but darkness, losing consciences raphtalia became a slave but that was alright, hope still isn't lost,she thought, they can rebuild what they lost, she thought.....
Form owner to owner she ended up at the hands of a fat noble man, but that's all right she found rifana there, it be alright.....right??

..and so the daily torture begin and yet she kept smiling for herself and her friend, she couldn't give up, if she did who take care of rifana who was sick.
Everyday she wanted to scream for the man to stop hunting rifana especially, she was after all in death doors.
Even after torture raphtalia crawled back in the moody floor to take care of rifana feeding her what she had...but in the end she died and that was also the moment where raphtalia broke down losing her smile that she tried to kept up so hard
...in the end she lost all hope for the future

But then someone came and that change her life that was in death doors
At first she thought that she could try in two days considering how his eyes looked, one full of hated worst even then her last owner that caused rifana death but weirdly he took care of her, feed her and change her life but with time she knew he hasn't a bad perso

And so she dedicated herself to the person who saved her and in turn saving him when the time came...

Going to stop here today but the campaign isn't over yet, you can call this round 1.5 campaign

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Alright, let's give this a try:

Arima has an inferiority complex. He usually thinks that he doesn't matter much, and that he is always living in other people's shadow. His best friend (Who girls like), and his mom (Who wanted him to become like her, as far as piano playing went.) As an effect, you could tell he is a character who doesn't really have much confidence/self esteem in the story. Though he does do a very good job of dealing with it, I have to admit.
To this effect, what does Miyazono do?

"Wholesome playing starts with a wholesome environment."
There were no gifs for some of these scenes, so I had to reference the manga. Apologies in advance :(
She goes to his place and cleans up his piano, and also cleans up his piano room. Before Tsubaki sees them and gets jealous.

"Do you resent me?"

-She does push Kousei into going back to piano playing:

, but also expresses concern when she thinks she is making him relive painful experiences. Or that he is doing it out of being a nice person rather than from his own will:

Watari in the background btw :fan

"It was you who swept away all that dust. For sweeping away the dust that had collected on my body....thank you...For encountering me...Ever since that day.."

Oh, I forgot to mention, Kaori has the best motivational quotes as well :p

And she does make time to play with Arima as well, when she isn't hounding him to get to his piano, haha:
"Let's pull out all the stops, and dive in!

Also goes home with him after long periods of practice. And waits on him after school:

"Everything you do and say...It sparkles so brightly. I can't help aspiring to be like you."

Occasionally, she surprises him by appearing out of nowhere. But who doesn't like a good surprise here and there?

"You're not in your mother's shadow at all. You're you. "To be like you," it's not as ambigous as that. You're just you, no matter what."

She does urge him to get out of his defeatist mentality. The end result? Arima ended up achieving his goal in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.