Predictions - The missing commandment's effects | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions The missing commandment's effects

ShadowCT6

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
More than 150 chapters ago, the Ten Commandments were introduced and we still don't know the effects of all of them. Actually, four of them, at least. Those four are Purity, Silence, Patience and Repouse. After the chapter 160, we now have some idea of how the first two commandments are activated, however, we are neither sure about it, nor know about their effects! Also, we didn't see the Selflessness commandment being activated, though we already know its triggering and effects.

So, in this thread, lets predict how those four commandments are triggered and their effects?

Theforsakensoul

Reaction score
Country
Canada
More than 150 chapters ago, the Ten Commandments were introduced and we still don't know the effects of all of them. Actually, four of them, at least. Those four are Purity, Silence, Patience and Repouse. After the chapter 160, we now have some idea of how the first two commandments are activated, however, we are neither sure about it, nor know about their effects! Also, we didn't see the Selflessness commandment being activated, though we already know its triggering and effects.

So, in this thread, lets predict how those four commandments are triggered and their effects?
I'm gonna take a shot and say reticence strips one of their senses especially their auditory and speech. Perhaps the violators is rendered impaired in terms of their ability to perceive sound or maybe they themselves lose their voice which would be a detriment if you needed to invoke something. As for the others I have not idea tbh. They're too vague without much insight added to their poteinal effects.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Silence - emotions are weakness during battle, so it's appropriate for the Demon King to create a commandment where he controls emotions.

If you make a confession and break silence (by bringing up your emotions, such as love) then you will be punished with eternal silence where you can't speak ever again (pretty horrible since u might make a confession of love and then can't speak to your loved one)

Purity - impure thoughts such as murder or sex can trigger the commandment (appropriate for Derriere who wears nothing but darkness) which "cleanses" someone by wiping their personality, becoming a blank person and no longer the person they used to be. Or, the sexual desire is deleted from their character.

Other two? No idea. Just gave it a wild guess on the two I mentioned.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Purity's trigger is probably any impure thought or action (however that's judged), towards the Commandment holder. Maybe an explanation as to why Derriere is nude all the time, but we've never seen anyone lust after her so...who knows.

Reticence's trigger is probably speaking of any personal secret you yourself have vowed never to speak of in front of the Commandment holder. I don't see how this could be triggered seeing as how you shouldn't be entrusting someone who is trying to kill you with your most personal secret.

Patience's trigger is probably showing impatience towards the Commandment holder.

Repose's trigger is a bit harder to guess, but I'm assuming it's trigger is taking any sort of action during a cease fire or place of peace or something like that.

As for their effects, it's hard to say what those would be as some of the effects don't really have any sort of "poetic" retribution tied to the curse. Some do, but others don't. Like, for example, Truth's trigger is lying, but then if you lie you get petrified? That doesn't make much sense. Then there is Faith, where the trigger is being unfaithful and the effect is getting your eyes burned out, lol?

And some abilities feel like they would fit other Commandments. Pacifism feels like it should have Love's effects, where people are forced to not be able to fight anybody who shows aggression in the presence of the Commandment holder, instead of aging them. Love feels like it should have Piety's effects, where someone showing hatred towards the Commandment holder is forced to serving them and, by extension, the Demon King. Both of those effects do make sense with their current Commandment, but I feel they would fit more with the others.

Selflessness is the only one that actually has a good effect that has a "poetic" aspect to it's punishment. You act selfish and on your own desires, so you lose your sense of self due to that attitude.

Anyway, I'll go with possible "poetic" aspects for the remaining four.

Purity's effect should be losing the ability to eat, drink, wear, or, even love, anything.

Reticence's effect should be losing your ability to communicate in any form or having anyone communicate with you; You are mute, deaf, you cannot write, you cannot motion to anything; your thoughts are forever a secret to those around you.

Patience's effect should be an increased perception of time flow, meaning your mind is thinking faster than your body can move. You are basically imprisoned in your mind for a what seems like years when only a few seconds has passed in real life.

Repose's effect should just be endless sleep.

And just for fun...

Truth's effect should be that the person cannot hide anything from anyone and everyone who comes into contact with them will know everything about them.

Faith's effect should be that the person grotesquely fused with whatever or whoever they were unfaithful to.

Piety's effect should be placing the person in an endless prayer which links their power to the Commandment holder.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
We have seen 1 person lust after derieri however in that case it didn't seem to trigger any reactions from the commandments. That was when they ran into a human at edinburg's ruin. To add to that, derieri's and monspit's first stop after zeldris ordered everyone to split to conquer the country was to go to a red light district. And asfar as we saw no one was affected by either of their commandments. Purity being lust related would make sense of course but simple thoughts don't seem to be enough to trigger it.

As for reticence, I could see the trigger being something that renders the user mute or otherwise unable to communicate. Instant lobotomy, your tongue catching on fire faith style are the more predictable ways to go about this. I am still hoping that the penitence for silence is something slightly different for the sake of the next chapter. I still think monspiet will use his final moments to break his silence and speak his mind to derieri in order to actually take advantage of the curse since he has but moments otherwise. Either to preserve himself or perhaps even regress to an indura if the curse has time related effects (say, reverting him to a baby or something but since he was an indura in the past he could revert to that instead). In which case estarosa is about to have a lot of fun.

So... patience causes you to experience eternity as grantz? I like that lol. repose being endless sleep makes sense. But it would also make sense if the opposite happened, you can't ever sleep again....

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I really apreciate the @eefrit analysis and the observation made by @kkck about Derriere's commandment.

If the Purity and the Silence commandments avoid Derriere and Monspeet "fell in love" with each other as stated by the chapter 160 cover and if it's already hinted that Monspeet apparently can't reveal his feelings for Derriere because of his commandment, so the Purity curse may be triggered by somekind of behavior or act that Derriere naturally would develop for Monspeet. Also, I believe that those two commandments serve only to rule over their wielders and avoid Monspeet and Derriere date. The curses don't seem to be effectful in battle, since the conditions to trigger them may be pretty difficult to happen in that situation.

About the Patience and Repouse's triggers, I thought that they were similar since Patience and Repouse imply no action or just little action. But, after read the posts, I realize that I might be wrong. The Repouse, for example, may be activated when someone attacks during a cease fire or a situation that forces no battle (like the moments after Elizabeth saved Monspeet and Derriere from their Indura forms, when Ludocel wanted to kill this couple). And Patience may affect anyone who is with some anxiety or even fear before its wielder. I also believe that the Repouse may left its victim sleeping for the rest of the eternity, while I don't have any idea about the Patience's effects.