Question - The other deadly sins? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question The other deadly sins?

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So we've already met a few of them on the journey already, but when do you expect to meet the other three? Do you think we'll be formally introduced to them soon? Also, who do you think will be the last one to join (or maybe not join) the team? Also, who do you think will correspond to the remaining sins?

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Well the only other Sin confirmed with a name is Merlin so I'm guessing she is the next Sin to join, as she and king were the only other ones revealed seeing as King already joined... That and she is the only other Sin we have vague clue about since she had a few speaking lines.

As for her sin likely lust, probably a lust for knowledge given that she is named after a magician. Course pride is another possibility, as it is an easily attributable sin to a woman and magic users are usually prideful types.

Last edited:

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
We know their names (or part of them) since the first chapter. That is the poster hanged in the Board Hat. It's shown in the first arc, and detailed here.

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
That page is from the manga I believe. As for the earliest reveal I'd say it was chapter 2 with Elizabeth. In any event my vote for now goes to Merlin~
Nope. It'd better if you read the previous post before posting. The earliest reveal was in chapter 1; it's in he post I wrote before than yours.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So little informations about them that we can't speculate too much, but I have to agree about Merlin even though I'd like that she weren't magician, too obvious for her name. Neither the poster we can confide, his drawings isn't accurate, see Meliodas. XD
I have the feeling that Merlin can be younger than seems.
There is this post in the wikia, I guess it a extra of the volume or something.
My bet is: Merlin as Sin of Lust, Escanor as Sin of Pride and Gowther as Sin of Gluttony.

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
[/URL][/IMG]

From left to right

2 man and 1 woman with a wand is this the remaining SINS?

the woman with wand = Merlin

The big guy with sword = Gowther

the guy on the lowest = Escanor

2nd panel is like an eye?

3nd panel for next to the 3 is Hendriksen?

4th is King

5th is Geera?

6th is Gilthunder

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Which chapter is it? I should see the context of the whole page to opine.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
In the first panel I agree that there is two man, but I'm not centain if there is a women. I guess they are just normal soldiers. :hmm

Third and Fifth panel intrigue me more, they seem like more Escanor and Merlin respectively, but can be the ones you told, too. Hard to take conclusions.

Hamy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Nope. It'd better if you read the previous post before posting. The earliest reveal was in chapter 1; it's in he post I wrote before than yours.
I was talking about the full name if you read the post correctly. I'm aware of the first chapter but as I said prior to the 2nd chapter that the names were cut off, only completely detailed on the manga release page as posted by two people above, otherwise the only other names we could discern was from chapter 2 - namely King, Merlin, and Ban (and immediately reflected on the wiki pages before the manga release). Seeing as the 2 named characters from that chapter already joined in addition to the author's obvious taste for fanservice she's a likely candidate, we have no woman fulfilling the mature beauty role yet :P.

On the topic of the other Sins does anyone think that there might be more non-human Sins? King is a Fairy, Diane a Giant, and Melodias is related to something demonic. Ban is human if you want to consider him as one after drinking. Gowther I think is likely not human seeing as we don't know how Gowther looks, and likely is trying to hide that. Escanor is likely human I would say and Merlin possibly Human unless she turns out to be some sort of Elf.

Last edited:

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i think Escanor is more like a tactician from the wanted posters

Merlin is like on king Arthur's story as a wizard but in the wanted poster she's a woman but maybe a cross dresser hahahahaha

it will be funny if Gowther is a woman hahahahah that's why she hides the face because of her masculinity and because she's a woman with big muscles she hides her face hahahahaha

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I was talking about the full name if you read the post correctly. I'm aware of the first chapter but as I said prior to the 2nd chapter that the names were cut off, only completely detailed on the manga release page as posted by two people above, otherwise the only other names we could discern was from chapter 2 - namely King, Merlin, and Ban (and immediately reflected on the wiki pages before the manga release). Seeing as the 2 named characters from that chapter already joined in addition to the author's obvious taste for fanservice she's a likely candidate, we have no woman fulfilling the mature beauty role yet :P.

On the topic of the other Sins does anyone think that there might be more non-human Sins? King is a Fairy, Diane a Giant, and Melodias is related to something demonic. Ban is human if you want to consider him as one after drinking. Gowther I think is likely not human seeing as we don't know how Gowther looks, and likely is trying to hide that. Escanor is likely human I would say and Merlin possibly Human unless she turns out to be some sort of Elf.
We were talking about the full names, (that's why I wrote "part of the names" are in that page from the first chapter). Later you wrote about the earliest reveal and, since a reveal is a reveal no matter if its the reveal of part of a name or the reveal of full names. So talking about the earliest reveal that happens in the first chapter, btw entitled "the seven sins".

I agree Merlin will be the sin of lust and a mature beauty role. The panel posted by kidopitz 27 shows a woman with roses, lipstick and a dress with lace, which would be very appropriate details for a lustful lady. :p

Anyway, I have been wondering about the association of the protagonist with the seven Christian sins: Meliodas has schown some little actions that you could associate with wrath, but it's not a clear example of irritability, and the same happens with the others. Will there be some meaning of their nick names still to be revealed?

About the other sins I wonder very much if it's true that one of them betrayed the others, back with the Holly King was killed.

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
i think Escanor is more like a tactician from the wanted posters

Merlin is like on king Arthur's story as a wizard but in the wanted poster she's a woman but maybe a cross dresser hahahahaha

it will be funny if Gowther is a woman hahahahah that's why she hides the face because of her masculinity and because she's a woman with big muscles she hides her face hahahahaha
A cross dresser suits very well with the sin of lust. hahahaha
About Growther it would be interesting and funny. XD

We can say that their nicknames has relation with their pasts and we don't know about the past of them, only a bit of Meliodas. Until then we thought that he was the sin of wrath because he destroyed a entire kingdom because of this, but aparently this wasn't his job.
Also there is a tabu in talk about their pasts between the sins, so I guess still will take a time to know more about their stories and their relation with the sins.

Samui

Reaction score
Country
Israel
King Arthur was already mentioned back in the first chapter, so I guess Merlin might have something to do with him.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
King Arthur was already mentioned back in the first chapter, so I guess Merlin might have something to do with him.
Gowther happens to be the Half Brother of Merlin in the tail rhyme.
Supposedly he's a fiend seeking absolution for his Sins from the Church ascending to a White Knight fighting for the Emperor against Heathens, his penance being that he shall not talk.

Samui

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Anyone wants to guess the sins of the remaining three?

I wonder if Nakaba is going to be more original and won't make Merlin the sin of lust.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Anyway, I have been wondering about the association of the protagonist with the seven Christian sins: Meliodas has schown some little actions that you could associate with wrath, but it's not a clear example of irritability, and the same happens with the others. Will there be some meaning of their nick names still to be revealed?
Well Ban and King sins are not completely absurd since they have shown this traits quite often. Even if Melodias has not been very angry so far it is quite hinted that he lose his control in the past leading to some major disaster. Only Diane does not really match well, she is only envious of the human girls who can flirt with Melodias but it's true that we don't know her sin yet.