Discussion - Unused characters | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Unused characters

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
To resume the speech started in the cover topic:

Inumaki is kind of a lost cause at this point, because not only he is crippled, but now Yuta does eveything he does but better, also there wasnt much character there to begin with tbh. But i feel Nobara has potential to give more, especially since i feel there is more to her background than whats already been told. Thats why is so frustrating to me thinking about her character just being killed off early in the story just to break Yuji more, instead of getting stronger alongside her pals and be more involded in the plot.
Honestly Kugisaki has always seemed to me inserted by force, as if the editor had said to Akutami "We need a girl in the main cast" and he had inserted her but almost against the will and without having anything significant in mind for her, is the fact that practically the story works well without her makes me think ....

I agreed on Inumaki.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To resume the speech started in the cover topic:

Honestly Kugisaki has always seemed to me inserted by force, as if the editor had said to Akutami "We need a girl in the main cast" and he had inserted her but almost against the will and without having anything significant in mind for her, is the fact that practically the story works well without her makes me think ....

I agreed on Inumaki.
Honestly at this point Gege can do anything with her. Ive seen a huge amount of people within the fandom writting essays for her potential comeback in the story, especially the ones regarding RCT. Ngl Nobara is actually one of my favorite characters, and i wish for her to comeback, and some of these theories are pretty interesting, but ive also seen some headcannons that are such an insane reach and can be written off as just a huge amount of copium. At the end it would depends in what Gege decides, because as of right now, nothing has been straight up confirmed, so wether she can come back, and become more involved in the plot, to make up for the amount of time she was absent, or she being dead all along, is yet to be seen (and i pray to god is the former)

For the rest, i sometimes feel similar, in that Gege didnt knew what to do with her, and there is also the fact that Maki is around. Maki tecnically is the "original" female lead of JJK, and unlike Nobara, she already was tied to major parts of the plot and lore from the beginning, like being an special member of the Zenin clan and the conextions/parallels with Toji. Based on that, is no wonder how Gege seems to have a more easy time writting for Maki than writting for Nobara, because the background of the later is much more isolated from the rest of the story, and her ability is far more niche.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
For the rest, i sometimes feel similar, in that Gege didnt knew what to do with her, and there is also the fact that Maki is around. Maki tecnically is the "original" female lead of JJK, and unlike Nobara, she already was tied to major parts of the plot and lore from the beginning, like being an special member of the Zenin clan and the conextions/parallels with Toji. Based on that, is no wonder how Gege seems to have a more easy time writting for Maki than writting for Nobara, because the background of the later is much more isolated from the rest of the story, and her ability is far more niche.
I agreed.