Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 487 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #24 of 2024 (5 Choices At Most)

• One Pece 1114

• My Hero Academia 422

• Jujutsu Kaisen 259

• Mission: Yozakura Family 225

• Undead Unluck 206

• Me & Roboco 184

• Sakamoto Days 165

• The Elusive Samurai 156

• Witch Watch 155

• Blue Box 148

• Akane Banashi 109

• Kill Blue 52

• Nue's Exorcist 49

• Kagurabachi 32

• Green Green Greens 22

• Ruri Dragon 13

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 13

• Dear Anemone 12

• Astro Royale 4

• Kyokuto Necromance 3

• Psych House 1 - New Series!

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #25 (2024)
Kill Blue (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 1st Anniversary)
Blue Box
My Hero Academia
Mission: Yozakura Family
Psych House (Color Page; 2nd Chapter)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Kyokuto Necromance
Youhei no Hen (Color Page; 47p; Oneshot by Mane Hideaki)
Astro Royale
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akane-banashi (Color Page)
WITCH WATCH
Choujun! Chojo Senpai
Undead Unluck
Me & Roboco
Nue's Exorcist
Kagurabachi
Green Green Greens
Dear Anemone
ONE PIECE (Absent)
The Elusive Samurai (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26 (2024) - Preview
Cover & LCP: Nue's Exorcist (1st Anniversary)
CP: Blue Box; Choujun! Chojo Senpai; Oneshot by Satoushou Masayoshi
Absent: My Hero Academia

Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
In 2024 we have had from Jump and J+: Yozakura Family, The Elusive Samurai, Sakamoto Days, Blue Box, Kaiju 8, Dandadan

With everything launched for only this year, what is Jump plan for 2025 and 2026? Kill Blue, Kagurabachi etc are going for at least 2027

I think precisely because that, that Akane Banashi is going to get an anime in 2025. Jump needs to have something in that year (also, Kindergarten Wars anime for 2025 is a safe bet too)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In 2024 we have had from Jump and J+: Yozakura Family, The Elusive Samurai, Sakamoto Days, Blue Box, Kaiju 8, Dandadan

With everything launched for only this year, what is Jump plan for 2025 and 2026? Kill Blue, Kagurabachi etc are going for at least 2027

I think precisely because that, that Akane Banashi is going to get an anime in 2025. Jump needs to have something in that year (also, Kindergarten Wars anime for 2025 is a safe bet too)
Marriagetoxin, You and I Are Polar Opposites, Hope You're Happy Lemon, Make the Exorcist Fall in Love...Should all get anime

Kill Blue should get anime next year, the recent fight could make a good stopping point, Nue's Exorcist for late next year or 2026

Otherwise they may lean heavily on other jump magazines for Days of the Diamond, Dogs Red, Phantom Busters (2026).

EnriqueR

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yep, i've been praising the manga since the start, it's a pretty good series, a great one many of the times and Ogami is a great mc. it's a very easy and fun read and the serious arcs have been pretty good too, tbh i'm surprised volume sales aren't bigger since this is leagues above Robot x Laserbeam and as good as Kuroko, the surveys are at least reflecting the quality.
I am not surprised a manga based on an arranged, underage marriage premise is failing at sales. That sort of creepiness is hard to sell, no matter how good the rest of the series might be.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I am not surprised a manga based on an arranged, underage marriage premise is failing at sales. That sort of creepiness is hard to sell, no matter how good the rest of the series might be.
That isn't the premise of the series.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ogami's been pretty clear about distancing himself from any of the kids romantic feelings for him and squashing them.

pennycryman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I kind of don't know why the Kill Blue even bothers with romance, it's the most tedious part of that series and the core premise leaves it unneeded and useless in the first place. Kill Blue probably struggling to gain sales due to not really appealing to any fanbase since it doesn't really have a distinguishing focus. Kuroko fans stuck with Robot X Laserbeam because they have the same over the top fujo sports appeal, while Kill Blue does more hetero romance stuff, turning off that particular fanbase.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just for fun because of Sakamoto last news, what are you first predictions about studios adapting the current series? of course in a scenario where all of them keep going on normally.

Mine:

Witch Watch: JC Staff, OLM or Silver Link, the three have experience with fantasy/magic series and comedy, so they seems to be a good fit.

Akane Banashi: Madhouse, feels like the perfect choice considering Chihayafuru, i know some will thing "Production I.G?", but nah, Akane isn't the kind of sport/performing arts series that IG goes for, Madhouse is a better fit, or maybe Studio Deen? Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is praised as a masterpiece, so feels like a good fit too if given a good schedule and staff.

Kill Blue: Production I.G because of Kuroko no Basket, i'm 100% sure I.G was already looking at RxL when it started as a success but we know what happened.

Nue's Exorcist: JC Staff or A-1, both studios are famous for action shounen, harem and light novel adaptations, to be honest i'm almost sure JC Staff will be the one adapting, it just fits.

Kagurabachi: It sounds super predictable but Madhouse or MAPPA, it just feels like the kind of series MAPPA would adapt, but i thought Sakamoto was also the kind of thing MAPPA would be all over it so who knows, i feel like Madhouse is a actual possibility.

Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: This one is hard since it's a gag series, but maybe Studio Deen? They have experience with popular comedy and gag shows like KonoSuba, Sakamoto Desu Ga, Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou (Jump Plus), Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Gag Manga Biyori (SQ.), seems to be a good fit.

Astro Royale: Yeah i would say LIDENFILMS, they're doing a pretty good job with Rurouni Kenshin remake and they turned Tokyo Revengers into a 1 million seller, they're not a bad studio, give them a good schedule and they can do a good Astro adaptation.

Renvent

Reaction score
Country
United States
I kind of don't know why the Kill Blue even bothers with romance, it's the most tedious part of that series and the core premise leaves it unneeded and useless in the first place. Kill Blue probably struggling to gain sales due to not really appealing to any fanbase since it doesn't really have a distinguishing focus. Kuroko fans stuck with Robot X Laserbeam because they have the same over the top fujo sports appeal, while Kill Blue does more hetero romance stuff, turning off that particular fanbase.
The only time Kill Blue dealt with romance was when Noren got hit with the love hypnotism and the surfing arc. Both times, Ogami and the author firmly squashed any notion that there would actually be any romance. Instead, he focused on the importance of other types of relationships: familial and friendships a la Frozen and Maleficient.

Personally, I'm waiting for when Juzo's daughter makes an appearance. There are some hints that the plot will eventually lead to Ogami reconciling with his family.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it’s just best to wait until an official announcement. No idea if this leaker is even a trustworthy one. I’m still waiting for that Reborn anime any day now…

Oh, that reminds me, I wanted to ask. At least year’s Jump Festa (I think), Sakamoto Days and Witch Watch both had panels with a voice actor, right? Has that ever happened, where the voice actor eventually got involved with the anime?

I know Natsuki Hanae was involved in early promotion of Mashle, but he never did end up in the cast, right?
Came across this thread,

I think I wouldn't mind either but Id prefer someone else as Shin like Shoya Chiba

TheRealTravisty

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just for fun because of Sakamoto last news, what are you first predictions about studios adapting the current series? of course in a scenario where all of them keep going on normally.

Mine:

Witch Watch: JC Staff, OLM or Silver Link, the three have experience with fantasy/magic series and comedy, so they seems to be a good fit.

Akane Banashi: Madhouse, feels like the perfect choice considering Chihayafuru, i know some will thing "Production I.G?", but nah, Akane isn't the kind of sport/performing arts series that IG goes for, Madhouse is a better fit, or maybe Studio Deen? Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is praised as a masterpiece, so feels like a good fit too if given a good schedule and staff.

Kill Blue: Production I.G because of Kuroko no Basket, i'm 100% sure I.G was already looking at RxL when it started as a success but we know what happened.

Nue's Exorcist: JC Staff or A-1, both studios are famous for action shounen, harem and light novel adaptations, to be honest i'm almost sure JC Staff will be the one adapting, it just fits.

Kagurabachi: It sounds super predictable but Madhouse or MAPPA, it just feels like the kind of series MAPPA would adapt, but i thought Sakamoto was also the kind of thing MAPPA would be all over it so who knows, i feel like Madhouse is a actual possibility.

Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: This one is hard since it's a gag series, but maybe Studio Deen? They have experience with popular comedy and gag shows like KonoSuba, Sakamoto Desu Ga, Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou (Jump Plus), Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Gag Manga Biyori (SQ.), seems to be a good fit.

Astro Royale: Yeah i would say LIDENFILMS, they're doing a pretty good job with Rurouni Kenshin remake and they turned Tokyo Revengers into a 1 million seller, they're not a bad studio, give them a good schedule and they can do a good Astro adaptation.
I’m utterly baffled at how well Linden Films did considering how the Tokyo Revengers anime turned out. Watching Wind Breaker now, the Tokyo Revengers anime could have been so much better.

If Astro Royale has a lot of well choreographed battles, I feel like Linden is a real coin toss…

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Timing may make them overcapacity since the newly announced Ace of Diamond Act II continuation and continued anime for Haikyuu, Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Nueu Tiese, Space Battleship Yamato sequels, potentially Kaiju no8 seasons and whatever else their partnership with Netflix has cooking.

pennycryman

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's interesting to think how a lot of Jump series tend to drop in the final arc, but we're seeing Yozakura rank in the top half of the magazine more than ever before. It's nice to see it up there with all the pillars, and it does make me wonder if all the twin stuff is pretty well received in Japan, I think the volume with them on it got a slight boost in sales as well.

JBC008

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country

Mine:

-Witch Watch: OLM or Silver Link
-Akane-banashi: Madhouse, Signal.MD, Science SARU
-Kill Blue: Production I.G. or Wit Studios
-Nue’s Exorcist: J.C. Staff
-Kagurabachi: MAPPA or Studio Bones
-Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: Studio Gallop

Zest00

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

Mine:

Mine would have been:

Witch Watch: It is between OLM and Shin-Ei Animation - OLM is pretty experienced with Magic and Comedy stuff not to mention their coloring are usually beautiful compared to other Studio but at the same time I honestly think Shin-Ei is kinda suitable to adapt something like Witch Watch. (Well just a gut feeling for Shin-Ei)

Akane Banashi: Madhouse cause of Chihayafuru but I also can see Cloverworks, Telecom, or Wits doing it. But my first choice will always be Madhouse, well it would have been Kyoto Animation but yeah, there is no way Kyoto Ani going to adapt any series outside of their stuff.

Kill Blue: It's hard to say but maybe between Production IG and Studio Kai. I said IG because of what you said before about RxL but I also think of Studio Kai cause I honestly love their Fuuto Tantei and wonder how Kill Blue will look with their style.

Nue's Exorcist: It's between A-1, Cloverworks and JC Staff. I mostly prefer Cloverworks over A-1 Pictures and JC Staff but I'm fine with any studio as long as they didn't ruin the monster design.

Kagurabachi: I would have say Ufotable if they aren't busy with DS, Nasuverse and Genshin so my choice would have been MAPPA and Pierrot.

Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: Doga Kobo, TMS or Gallop. For some reason, I can only see these three studio doing Chojo. I don't know why but I think these three will be alright.

Astro Royale: I haven't read this manga so I would say Sunrise or Lidenfilms. Random picks