Where do you rank Hunter x Hunter in your top Manga/Anime list? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Where do you rank Hunter x Hunter in your top Manga/Anime list?

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I prefer the 1999 tone over the 2011 edition but for Anime it lies #4. I got AOT; FMA ; & Fate Zero above it.

As for Manga It’s my #2 with only Berserk ahead of it. Rest of the list has AOT, Toriko & FMA.

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I prefer the 1999 tone over the 2011 edition but for Anime it lies #4. I got AOT; FMA ; & Fate Zero above it.

As for Manga It’s my #2 with only Berserk ahead of it. Rest of the list has AOT, Toriko & FMA.
Oh yeah, as much as I love the 2011 version, some of the character design were too childish for some reason. It's good that they pumped it a bit for chimera ant, that arc looks more like the manga, but 99 has a special feel to it and some insane direction.
Man it's hard to top Berserk and HxH lol

Oobiman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
I find myself reading more battle manhwa than manga lately, the only battle manga ongoing(with no pause or risk of it) I really like are jjk, choujin x

Last edited:

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I find myself reading more battle manhwa than manga lately, the only battle manga ongoing(with no pause or risk of it) I really like are jjk, choujin x
Do you find them to be better? What about your top? It might be interesting to know about them, I've heard a lot about Tower of God

I mean, the current landscape of shonen is kinda dissapointing to be honest, if JJK is the best we have to offer nowadays I'm not really feeling it. Not to hate on the series, I loved shibuya but it's going downhill since that arc imo.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I caught up with Choujin X recently. It's pretty good but it's not better than HxH to me. My main issue with it is that the fights are kinda confusing especially at the beginning but the world building is excellent and the cast is likeable enough. It has interesting developments too.

I don't think that highly of JJK but I am an anime only viewer. Right now it seems to be the most popular battle shonen. I remember people comparing JJK and HxH a lot when I knew nothing about the series, I can see some similarities but it's mostly on a surface level IMO and the character writing in HxH is way better(TBH I think the same when I compare it to pretty much to any series) and so is the cast.

Tower of God is a bit weird. I fully that SIU is a genius, great at writing characters, world building etc but some of the developments make things problematic in the current season.

Among the new battle shonens I like Mokushiroku no Yonkishi , Ragna Crimson and Sakamoto Days the most. I guess Frieren counts as well. I wouldn't say they are similar to HxH though. But among everything I talked about in this post, Choujin X and Ragna Crimson are the closest to it I guess.

Oobiman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Do you find them to be better? What about your top? It might be interesting to know about them, I've heard a lot about Tower of God

I mean, the current landscape of shonen is kinda dissapointing to be honest, if JJK is the best we have to offer nowadays I'm not really feeling it. Not to hate on the series, I loved shibuya but it's going downhill since that arc imo.
They still need a berserk or hxh to be called better, but I believe the colors give them a big advantage and will get them there.

Tower of God feels like rushed and at the same time we're far from the end, 10 new forgettable characters added every couple of chapters can explain this.

All the best manga are already cited

Best manhwa for me right now are:

Unrivaled father (and all the other ones made by the same author)

Legend of Northern blade

Wild west murim

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I need to start Northern Blade.

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Thanks both for the insight, I'll definitely check some manwha in the future, I really wanna try TOG since was the most hyped one from what I've heard.
Maybe I need to clarify that I'm not necessarily searching for a "hunter-like" or even shonen, I look up for the quality of the story.
The recent manga I enjoyed the most was pluto and that's a seinen mistery. And right now I'm getting my head blown out by To your eternity, which I mentioned in my list but I'm almost up to date, it's a story about time and the journey (kinda like frieren, but better imo)

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tower of God is a bit weird. I fully that SIU is a genius, great at writing characters, world building etc but some of the developments make things problematic in the current season.
My issue with ToG is its awful pace. And somehow, with that many characters, sometimes is way more confusing than it should be. The magic system (Shinsu) feels cluttered.

But I do like the twists and turns.