Discussion - Why is Sukuna so interested in Megumi? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Why is Sukuna so interested in Megumi?

Why is Sukuna so interested in Megumi?

• He knew Megumi's ancestors/The Zenin clan in the past

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He was moved by Megumi reason to be a sorcerer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I feel like this is one of the more exciting things in the story to speculate over. Especially considering how the interest in Megumi is so unlike someone who holds no regard for human life.
So, why do you guys think Sukuna is so taken by Fushiguro?

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
LOL at the 2nd choice

I think it's for his body. When Sukuna yielded back to Itadori in Shibuya, he said, "Not much longer"(15/20 fingers). But, even if Itadori ate 5 in one go, he wouldn't lose control, hence the binding vow in which Sukuna can assume control for 1 minute. Now, 1 minute isn't long, but we do know there's Uraume and possibly more sorcerers preparing something in the background. So I think Megumi is the key to that.

raikou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Purely speculation on my part, but I think Sukuna was kinda bored that no Jujutsu Sorcerer is strong enough to be his opponent, and he saw Megumi had the potential to be his level, so he's waiting for Megumi to become stronger until he finally had an equal standing.

Of course, there's a question 'why not Gojo?' but Megumi's techniques seems to have untapped potential that somehow only Sukuna sees it.

Tatsumaki

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
5th answer: He fell in love.

Kidding but I think he was impressed with Megumi's determination back at the prison incident. He didn't cower before him and even tried a few things. Now what are his plans for him ? I think they have to do with his powers and how with time Megumi will get stronger Shikigamis.
The reveal better be satisfying since Sukuna himself protected him.

Also..."Megumi" and "Unlimited potential"...sounds familiar :teehee @Hermit

Last edited:

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think it's something as simple as being able to bring back Sukuna's dead body so Sukuna can reincarnate and be free from Itadori's grasp.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Maybe not just that, actually. That " Open!" still make me think that he either can copy techniques or do have a big arsenal at his disposal. If we go back to his fight with Megumi we clearly see that 10 shadows is something new to him, as the shikigami usage he knows involves use of talismans. Maybe sukuna want the cursed technique itself, he does tell Jogo that there's no reason to make a binding vow with Itadori since he's almost free. But a few chapters later we see him tellin an unconscious Megumi to not die yet since he still want him to do something.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Also..."Megumi" and "Unlimited potential"...sounds familiar :teehee @Hermit
I'm DEAD 😭😂😭😂😭
Thanks I hate it

In regards to Megumi's powers, could it be that Sukuna's interest is related to a battle between the 10 shadows user vs. the 6 eyes user, that Gojo mentioned some time ago? I don't know if Sukuna was alive by that time, or if it happened before him. As you mentioned in this thread, it seems that he did now know any 10 shadows user from before, so I guess what I thought does not make that much sense.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm DEAD 😭😂😭😂😭
Thanks I hate it

In regards to Megumi's powers, could it be that Sukuna's interest is related to a battle between the 10 shadows user vs. the 6 eyes user, that Gojo mentioned some time ago?
Haha we all have traumas surrounding a Megumi lol.

I'm unsure he's interested in the battle because even tho he's interested in Megumi he doesn't seem to care about Gojo at all.

Ritz14

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Megumi has to be the main character just for that reason!!