Predictions - Yamato following Oden's journey | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Yamato following Oden's journey

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
After following Oden's journey through Wano, he's going to do the next great step- hitching a ride to an Emperor's ship being dragged by a chain. This will result in a hilarious gag where for the first time in the story, DF users being described as an "anchor" will finally come full circle and be literal.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can't see Yamato pulling that off (except as a gag if it's in flashback form only). 😄

(Hypothetically though, he could approximate that feat of Oden by dragging along by a chain over an iced strip of ocean or by clinging to the side of the ship, maybe.)

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Next thing you’ll tell me is that Yamato will go on Buggy’s ship because Buggy was friends with Oden.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Next thing you’ll tell me is that Yamato will go on Buggy’s ship because Buggy was friends with Oden.
I mean... Oden jumped from WB to Roger, who were rivals, but sort of also came along and partied together. In current Emperors roster, if Luffy is Roger then in that regard closest thing to WB Pirates would be... Cross Guild. They have a rivalry/odd comradeship relation to Luffy.

You could argue Shanks, but his pirates have actually quite little previous contact with Strawhats, and the rivalry/certain animosity isn't really established.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know this is a shitpost reply but Riku actually makes a good point. It could even happen completely based on Yamato's naivete combined with Buggy's incredible ability to surround himself with powerful people.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know this is a shitpost reply but Riku actually makes a good point. It could even happen completely based on Yamato's naivete combined with Buggy's incredible ability to surround himself with powerful people.
Actually, thinking about it again, if Cross Guild goes to Wano based on Buggy's memory of the Road Poneglyph being there, then that might be how Crocodile discovers Pluton being there.

Mihawk could even make Wano his new home base after his castle got outed. It's really hard for most Marines to get to, and has swordsmanship history Mihawk might be interested in. He could even train Momo in swordsmanship based on being impressed enough by his determination like with Zoro.

And Oda could use this excuse for Yamato to leave if Mihawk takes her place, meaning Yamato could leave with Buggy and Crocodile based on Buggy being an Emperor like how Whitebeard was an Emperor, and then could transition from Cross Guild to Straw Hats at some point too, similar to Oden transitioning from Whitebeard to Roger.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually, thinking about it again, if Cross Guild goes to Wano based on Buggy's memory of the Road Poneglyph being there, then that might be how Crocodile discovers Pluton being there.

Mihawk could even make Wano his new home base after his castle got outed. It's really hard for most Marines to get to, and has swordsmanship history Mihawk might be interested in. He could even train Momo in swordsmanship based on being impressed enough by his determination like with Zoro.

And Oda could use this excuse for Yamato to leave if Mihawk takes her place, meaning Yamato could leave with Buggy and Crocodile based on Buggy being an Emperor like how Whitebeard was an Emperor, and then could transition from Cross Guild to Straw Hats at some point too, similar to Oden transitioning from Whitebeard to Roger.
Omg and Buggy could totally play it up as being Luffy's ally to win over the people of Wano. Comedic gold that's totally in character for all involved and significantly enhances Cross Guild's role in the world, this thread is kinda cookin'

If that happens, then Cross Guild could be on a direct warpath with the Blackbeard Pirates at some point (depending on where BB decides to go first), given the Caribou of it all. Now that'd be unexpected

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Omg and Buggy could totally play it up as being Luffy's ally to win over the people of Wano. Comedic gold that's totally in character for all involved and significantly enhances Cross Guild's role in the world, this thread is kinda cookin'

If that happens, then Cross Guild could be on a direct warpath with the Blackbeard Pirates at some point (depending on where BB decides to go first), given the Caribou of it all. Now that'd be unexpected
The fact that not only Luffy has Road Poneglyphs, but also that Blackbeard and Shanks now have Road Poneglyphs from Law and Kid does posit the question of where Cross Guild's standing is with the Road Poneglyphs. And that Buggy just happening to have memories of Roger's search and connections with his crew would def lend itself through Buggy getting ahead with luck.

And from Yamato's point of view, she knows about "Buggy-jiro" from Oden's journal and presumed story of Buggy helping Luffy rescue Roger's son Ace from the newspapers. I think it could give her potential character development in the form of how you shouldn't just give people special favors because they were friends with Oden.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Lol, that'd be fun to watch. I feel like yamato deserves that over her goal of wanting to become oden (which is moronic, impossible and 987 ways of absurd).

That said this ending with yamato hitching a ride makes sense. I am curious to see who it could be. I am thinking the big mom pirates since that plot point was left dangling by the end of wano. And you'd think characters like smoothie deserve more respect than painfully drowning off screen.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Lol, that'd be fun to watch. I feel like yamato deserves that over her goal of wanting to become oden (which is moronic, impossible and 987 ways of absurd).

That said this ending with yamato hitching a ride makes sense. I am curious to see who it could be. I am thinking the big mom pirates since that plot point was left dangling by the end of wano. And you'd think characters like smoothie deserve more respect than painfully drowning off screen.
Not half bad idea actually. Former Emperor Crew is close enough to Oden journey and Katakuri actually has motivation to find Blackbeard for Pudding. And with Luffy destined to clash with BB, that would be pretty natural way for Yamato to join the Strawhats near the climatic encounter.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

That would be interesting, but I thought I saw Smoothie shown alive in 1114. Seems like they didn't make it back to Tottoland yet though.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
That would be interesting, but I thought I saw Smoothie shown alive in 1114. Seems like they didn't make it back to Tottoland yet though.
Oh yeah, but we only had a small white background with her face.its impossible to tell where she is...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not half bad idea actually. Former Emperor Crew is close enough to Oden journey and Katakuri actually has motivation to find Blackbeard for Pudding. And with Luffy destined to clash with BB, that would be pretty natural way for Yamato to join the Strawhats near the climatic encounter.
It's a bit ofa stretch the big mom pirates would willingly collaborate with luffy though. I think they could work with luffy against the WG in an enemy of my enemy is my friend scenario, lots of pirates hate the world government more than other pirates..

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It's a bit ofa stretch the big mom pirates would willingly collaborate with luffy though. I think they could work with luffy against the WG in an enemy of my enemy is my friend scenario, lots of pirates hate the world government more than other pirates..
Not just WG, but there is also common enemy in Blackbeard Pirates. With Katakuri in lead, with his respect for Luffy I think its not that far fetched that he'd prioritize saving his sister over revenge against Luffy. (I mean, Perospero may disagree, but if it comes down to a scuffle of the leadership of former Big Mom Pirates, we know who it really is gonna be).

Plus who knows what still might happen in Elbaf regarding to Big Mom and effect the relationship. She is so tied to Elbaf that I wouldn't find far fetched either that there is still bit more to her story.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I imagine Yamato is in store for some sort of consequence for trying to be like Oden post-Wano arc as opposed to just being herself. Her ending up following Buggy because Oden was friends with him might be the sort of example Oda has thought up already.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Not just WG, but there is also common enemy in Blackbeard Pirates. With Katakuri in lead, with his respect for Luffy I think its not that far fetched that he'd prioritize saving his sister over revenge against Luffy. (I mean, Perospero may disagree, but if it comes down to a scuffle of the leadership of former Big Mom Pirates, we know who it really is gonna be).

Plus who knows what still might happen in Elbaf regarding to Big Mom and effect the relationship. She is so tied to Elbaf that I wouldn't find far fetched either that there is still bit more to her story.
luffy has hurt the big mom pirates far more than the BB pirates though.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
It still baffles me how some people seem fine with Yamato impersonating Oden to the extent of doing things like claiming to be Momo’s dead dad.

Momo eventually shrugged it off, but other Wano citizens might not take things like this in the same way, so I think this journey will very much be a journey of growth and self-discovery for her.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It still baffles me how some people seem fine with Yamato impersonating Oden to the extent of doing things like claiming to be Momo’s dead dad.

Momo eventually shrugged it off, but other Wano citizens might not take things like this in the same way, so I think this journey will very much be a journey of growth and self-discovery for her.
The world of One Piece is crazy. Momonosuke can now transform into a pink dragon that can levitate castles. Who cares if a person is "transindividual".

I'm more surprised nobody suspected Yamato for being Kaido's child. I guess Yamato just tells them Kaido broke all of his bones since he was a child, and they are like "That's 100% something Kaido would do".

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
The world of One Piece is crazy. Momonosuke can now transform into a pink dragon that can levitate castles. Who cares if a person is "transindividual".

I'm more surprised nobody suspected Yamato for being Kaido's child. I guess Yamato just tells them Kaido broke all of his bones since he was a child, and they are like "That's 100% something Kaido would do".
Doesn’t even have anything to do with the trans discussion at that point. There are time when people go so far in thinking they’re doing the right thing that they end up disrespecting someone else, something Yamato will have to deal with in this brand new world she’s beginning to explore.

I think can end up very much being one of those cases for Yamato, who’s not particularly mature due to throwing temper tantrums against Kaido all her life and not getting to socialize with casual people most of her life too.

Also, I get the feeling Yamato hasn’t really even interacted with most of the Wano citizens. Her time outside of Onigashima was in the capital, and even that much of that so far was spent on roofs waiting for Luffy and Zoro, as well as having fun with the Straw Hats thereafter, with the citizens prob being too busy to pay much mind to get either.

But now that the celebrations have been had and Yamato will now explore Wano for the first time, she’ll def be meeting various citizens throughout the towns, which leads me to believe Yamato may end up casually mentioning she’s Kaido’s child in front of them and holding a grudge against her because she’s blood-related to that tyrant.

If all the citizens end up putting aside any prejudice towards Yamato due to her part in the raid, then I’ll gladly admit I was wrong, but considering cases like people being ready to hate on Ace for being Roger’s child, I think I’m within reason to have that speculation in the meantime.