Discussion - Best Relationship? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Best Relationship?

weixiaobao

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Any type of relationship..... Rivalry, friendship, mentorship, etc and etc

1) Best strawhat to strawhat relationship
2) Most underated strawhat relationship
3) Best strawhat to non strawhat relationship
4) Best non strawhat relationship
5) Most underrated non shs relationship

Questions are but guideline, talk about whatever relationship that fancy you I supposed.

Last edited:

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro and Chopper, I think. It is bit in the background, but when you notice it... yeah.
Very big bro vibe... One of the thing that I also like is how Robin called everyone by their professions until she got close to them and start calling them by name. I didn't notice her relationship to Luffy and how she understand Luffy pretty well (mostly because I don't watch the anime). Until people pointing that out to me. Of the crew, Usopp maybe Luffy's best friend.

WILDCARD 1 7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
1. Luffy and Zoro or Zoro and Sanji
2. Luffy and Jimbe. Chopper and Nami.
3.Luffy and Boa. Franky and Iceburg.
4. Kid and Law.
5. Couldn't think of anything for number five.
Yes I know I cheated lol.

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Luffy and Zoro or Zoro and Sanji
2. Luffy and Jimbe. Chopper and Nami.
3.Luffy and Boa. Franky and Iceburg.
4. Kid and Law.
5. Couldn't think of anything for number five.
Yes I know I cheated lol.
The amount of time that Luffy been with Jimbe preskipped probably more than he spent with Franky or Brook. Or possibly even Robin and Chopper. And Jimbei was there when Luffy was at the lowest low. Lost all his crew, and lost his bro.

Why do you said Chopper and Nami? Now that you brought that up. I feel like Chopper like to be with Robin the bookworm dual. May have to look up scenes between Nami/Chopper. The weakling trios tend to appeared all at the same time.

Some of the best non shs relationship are Law and Corazon, Noland and Kalgara, Garp and Aokiji, Garp and Koby, Paulie and Iceberg, Magellan and Hanyabal, Shanks and Mihawk, Whitebeard and Ace, Doflamingo and Corazon is interesting, Crocodile/Mihawk bullying Buggy, Mr 3/Buggy, Katakuri and Brulee, Capone and Chiffon etc.

Sh and non sh- plenty of the mentors paired, Mr 2 and Luffy

Magellan and Hanyabal maybe in the underrated for me. I just remembered the time Wapol ate a dog that peed on him, and turned that into a hybrid toy pet. That maybe also an underrated relationship for me lol.

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Any type of relationship..... Rivalry, friendship, mentorship, etc and etc

Questions are but guideline, talk about whatever relationship that fancy you I supposed.
1. Luffy/Zoro, I think this is straight forward. Zoro going from "stand in the way of my dream and I'll kill you" to "my dream is worthless if I can't save you". This is the essence of "nothing happened".

2. Zoro/Sanji. Below the "enmity", they have deep understanding of each other. Few off the top of my head: moments leading upto "nothing happened", Sanji knowing Zoro's Sanji trusting Zoro to kill him if he loses his mind.

3. Luffy/Ace, elaborated very well in the flashback episodes post Marineford.

4. Not sure here, few candidates.
- Doflamingo and his main crew - kind of a twisted version of Strawhats relationship. Even as the snob Doflamingo is to "humans", he truly values main crew, there is lots of silent understanding and mutual respect - Doflamingo/Vergo final moments, Doflamingo/Monet where Doflamingo had to say nothing, with Monet's final words being "Doflamingo is the man who will become pirate King". Doflamingo risking his Shichibukai position to save two fodders that got decapitated by Law (forgot their name).
- Garp/Aokiji - not gonna elaborate, stuff happened recently
- Kin'emon/Momonuske - from subordinate/lord to father/son, which began as an act that eventually developed to actuality.
- Roger/Rayleigh. "I will not die, partner".
- Kaido/King. The relationship formed as fellow lab rat buddies when Kaido saved him. The only times we see King without his mask is when he's with Kaido. "Remain the strongest, I will never lose until you become pirate King". Both had flashbacks of each other just before they went down.
The only issue here as typical in Wano, Oda rushed through everything and we only got snippets.

5. I don't know which is most underrated.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
The amount of time that Luffy been with Jimbe preskipped probably more than he spent with Franky or Brook. Or possibly even Robin and Chopper. And Jimbei was there when Luffy was at the lowest low. Lost all his crew, and lost his bro.

Why do you said Chopper and Nami? Now that you brought that up. I feel like Chopper like to be with Robin the bookworm dual. May have to look up scenes between Nami/Chopper. The weakling trios tend to appeared all at the same time.

Some of the best non shs relationship are Law and Corazon, Noland and Kalgara, Garp and Aokiji, Garp and Koby, Paulie and Iceberg, Magellan and Hanyabal, Shanks and Mihawk, Whitebeard and Ace, Doflamingo and Corazon is interesting, Crocodile/Mihawk bullying Buggy, Mr 3/Buggy, Katakuri and Brulee, Capone and Chiffon etc.

Sh and non sh- plenty of the mentors paired, Mr 2 and Luffy

Magellan and Hanyabal maybe in the underrated for me. I just remembered the time Wapol ate a dog that peed on him, and turned that into a hybrid toy pet. That maybe also an underrated relationship for me lol.
I just gotten off my overnight shift when I made this but I'll explaining some of it.
Well I agree that Chopper is closer to Robin than Nami. That's why I put it in underrated besides she was the second person to accept Chopper on the crew.

As for number five there's way too many to choose from.

Last edited:

Aki1991

Reaction score
Country
Greece

I love Nami and Luffy. They had so many emotional moments.

Franky and Robin.

Mr. 2 and Luffy.

Kid and Killer are Bros.

Dofy and Vergo.

TitaniumOxide

Reaction score
Country
United States

Zoro and Chopper, I think. It is bit in the background, but when you notice it... yeah.
This is #1 for me. I've always noticed it people having convos but chopper doing something with Zoro and Chopper is almost always smiling in these situations. Very Awwww moments since Zoro got this coolness about him that makes even Sasuke jealous. Doesn't seem like a very Zoro thing but it is nonetheless. And then there is also Chopper healing Zoro too (even though he heals everyone).

Sanji and Brook

SHP and Law lol...

Garp and Roger

Now that I have watched the first few episodes of the live action... I have to say Axe Hand Morgan and Helmeppo. Helmeppo is a nepo baby and uses his dad's name to get what he wants but it is CLEAR Morgan aint about that. So I really wanna know more about all that.

Last edited: