Anime - D.Gray-man Season 1 (Episodes 1-51) Discussion | Page 27 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime D.Gray-man Season 1 (Episodes 1-51) Discussion

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: DGM episode 43

Sorry, I fixed my post. ^_^ Although the way it's going, the anime might not even get to that anyway.

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: DGM episode 43

Sorry, I fixed my post. ^_^ Although the way it's going, the anime might not even get to that anyway.
thanks! my friends don't mind because they don't know that it's filler and they really like it.

sometimes ignorance is bliss

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
DGM episode 44

screenshots

screeniesA

screeniesB

screeniesC

screeniesD

comments

Focus on the akuma girl (the maiden). It's another none original manga filler episode. How? Why? If d.gray-man is supposed to count 52 episodes (though I believe this is a season ending)

Last edited:

Tomodachi69

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: DGM episode 44

Hmm, what've these last few episodes been about? I haven't watched lately (since... 37?) and I don't know what route the anime is taking. Can someone bring me up to speed on the anime plot from 38-44?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Hmm, what've these last few episodes been about? I haven't watched lately (since... 37?) and I don't know what route the anime is taking. Can someone bring me up to speed on the anime plot from 38-44?
Well they are going to the east to search for cross (the direction timcanpy is going). They are in eastren europe and a noah (with a maiden akuma) are teasing/attacking/trying to split up the group (allen/lavi/lenalee/krory). No original manga action filler episode with a noah that was only seen in the background

kuroyuki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

where did u watch it???????

>.< i would love it if u can leave a messege about that on ky.elysium-fields.net since i dont visit this much.......

i dont care if it's RAW!!!!!!!!! i cant even find 43 online!

shadowchii

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Omg. Little Lavi babies in screenies B.
X.x

RainyFrog

Reaction score
Country
United States

For anyone looking for the raw, it's on the Saiyaman website, here. Just scroll down and it should be there.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
DGM episode 45

screenshots:

screeniesA

screeniesB

comments:

I actually found impressive the design for those lv.2 Akuma The gist about the episode is that the Theodore group arrives to a presumedly haunted mansion. The appearance of Skin Boric toward the end of the episode gives me hope that the staff had not completely abandoned the manga. Skin looks like he's stalking after Theodore's group.

Magical Poof

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: DGM episode 45

... Somehow, it's just a little sad that no one has commented. But then, this anime has been horrible, so I can understand.

Seven episodes left and it appears we're just getting to the part where Skin stalks Theodore and company. -___-

Tomodachi69

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: DGM episode 45

Yea. I initially didn't bother commenting because I'd just say the same things as I have before and complain about the anime not moving in the manga's direction. I'm not even bothering watching the filler because I'm tired of watching the Exorcists running around killing akuma or whatever. I want to see the story progress from the Suman Dark arc. :[

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
DGM episode 46

screenshots:

screeniesA

screeniesB

screeniesC

content:

Episode 46 returns to the Cross team. This time Allen and Krory have arrived to the Hindu-Nepalese-Chinese frontier and in order to cross to get to their next destination they must go through Mt. Everest.

The more they are nearing to Cross the more the episodes themselves are signaling that the fillers are about to end, so it is possible that next week or the following one would be back to the manga.

As they climbed their way up Lulubell and Mimi play some illusion games taking advantage of the ravenous blizzard. Krory and Allen while braving the snowstorm are confronted by various faces from their past, but seems likely it is another of Lulubel illusion tactics in a last dire attempt to wipe out the two exorcists.

Meanwhile Lavi, Lenali, and Bookman have already crossed to the other side of the mountain.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
DGM episode 47

screeniesA

WTF a selfmade excorsist or I hope she's a medium that's having lenalee's dream

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
DGM episode 48 - with SPECIAL NEWS

screenshots

screeniesA

screeniesB

screeniesC

comments

well it seems that this episode is making the bad episode of last week better. Soon we'll be having the manga story again because IT'S CONFIRMED THE SECOND SEASON AIRS IN DECEMBER

Last edited:

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Re: DGM episode 48 - with SPECIAL NEWS

Let's hope next season features more canon in it.

Anyway, in my opinion there are two kinds of filler in this season, fillers that add more to the plot and stretch it (Yeegar's, Daisya's, Krory's and Miranda's fillers, etc...), and normal fillers (Leaf of Revival, Victorio filler, etc..). Lulubell's filler would belong to both of these since it expands more on a character that only appeared briefly in the manga, but goes on and on for such a long time...

By the way, I hope the next opening's more gothic.

Gadwin

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I hope some real story kicks in soon, cause im getting really tired of the anime.. before i used to enojy the fillers because im a BIG fan of D.Gray-man and anything new is great... but now its just delays.. im actually falling asleep through episodes -__-

So heres to the 2nd season!

RainyFrog

Reaction score
Country
United States

WOW!! I really never thought it would happen. You know, I'm almost certain there will be very little, if any, filler in the next season. There's just so much manga to work with now. (Or maybe I'm too optimistic. >_>) I'm really looking forward to it! I can't believe it's as soon as December, too.
Thanks for the info!

shadowchii

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Thank god there is gonna be a second season.

Raijatsu

Reaction score
Country
Germany

just noticed I haven't watched dgm since episode 44...
Is it worth it or should I wait for the second season to continue?

rhapsody blue

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
DGM Episode 49

The raw is out!

Summary according to Guido from animesuki forums:

Lulubell reported to the Earl about the disturbance caused by Mei-Ling's Innocence. Obvious, that the Earl orders Lulubell to neutralize the newly-borned menace to his plans.

Lulubell sends Mimi to approach Mei-Ling. Not very sure but getting in touched with Mei-Ling made Mimi to recall back the memories of her human life.

Cut straight into the battle. Mimi changes to her Lv.2 Akuma form but with effort is subdued by both Lenali and Allen.

Lulubell retrieves Mimi before she gets destroyed and reports back to the pressence of the Earl who gets himself in company of several hordes of Lv.2

Looks like Mimi finally was thrown away for being a failed and defective weapon.

I'm not very sure whether or not Mei-Ling chose to remain at her village or join the fab four. It looks like the former, because she's too young to become an official Exorcist and having recovered her confidence with the crystal ball she'll be helping her village with her fortune telling.

On another note, three more episodes until the new ending & opening premieres.

Last edited: