Question - Do you want the Marines to win this ark? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Do you want the Marines to win this ark?

Do you want the Marines to win this arc

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WILDCARD 1 7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
A poll for a simple question you guys WANT the Marines to get a W this arc or not?
Not if they WILL win.

I mean with all the setup and everything that's going on an egghead this should be the perfect time for the Marines to get a much needed W and remind us the readers that they are the force to beat.
And no I'm not saying the straw hats need to die or anything, cuz we all know that's not going to happen, but the Marines need a good solid V especially after the recent Ohara flashback they ain't looking so good.
Anyway tell me what you think

Last edited:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Nope it's the reverse SA arc but this time SHs will win

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I want the Marines to get a W this arc only because I love them. If that's the question, I should probably vote yes, but I don't think they'll win, so I'm voting no.

I already respect the marines and the admirals (despite Oda's attempts to make me lose respect with Shanks promoting his movie and those Reverie encounters) and the military forces they can command, so I'm okay with them losing as long as Kizaru doesn't get disrespected (he can go down, but not without a good showing). Extra points if the Gorosei turn out to be battle monsters.

It'd be different if the marines had actually gathered all their forces on Egghead, but there's less people than they were on Marineford and "only" one admiral so this would be a good time to see one fall. We have already seen many yonkous fall. The difference in numbers doesn't matter much when the Straw Hats potentially have a fleet.

Story-wise, we're far too near the endgame for Luffy to be humiliated again by the marines. We already got Marineford and Sabaody for that. Now the ugly rubber duckling is all dolled up and ready to kick some asses.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the Marine's will win the "fight" but fail at their objective. Unless additional forces show up to help SHs like the SH Grand Fleet or forces of similar size I don't think the SHs are in a position to have out right win against the enemy forces e.g. the Seraphim are not going down this arc.

However, I do think that SHs will manage to hold their own long enough to get Stella and escape Egghead. This will mean they couldn't win the fight in a head to head, that Egghead will be obliterated, but the main goal of the Marine's/WG will have failed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Nie Li that is a great profile pic. The Michael with Sunshine was also dope. How are you getting larger profile pic then the rest of us? Is there a setting I'm missing cuz I'd love a bigger one myself.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I want the Marines to get a W this arc only because I love them. If that's the question, I should probably vote yes, but I don't think they'll win, so I'm voting no.

I already respect the marines and the admirals (despite Oda's attempts to make me lose respect with Shanks promoting his movie and those Reverie encounters) and the military forces they can command, so I'm okay with them losing as long as Kizaru doesn't get disrespected (he can go down, but not without a good showing). Extra points if the Gorosei turn out to be battle monsters.

It'd be different if the marines had actually gathered all their forces on Egghead, but there's less people than they were on Marineford and "only" one admiral so this would be a good time to see one fall. We have already seen many yonkous fall. The difference in numbers doesn't matter much when the Straw Hats potentially have a fleet.

Story-wise, we're far too near the endgame for Luffy to be humiliated again by the marines. We already got Marineford and Sabaody for that. Now the ugly rubber duckling is all dolled up and ready to kick some asses.
The question is whether you not WANT or think they should win. Not whether they will win.

I think the Marine's will win the "fight" but fail at their objective. Unless additional forces show up to help SHs like the SH Grand Fleet or forces of similar size I don't think the SHs are in a position to have out right win against the enemy forces e.g. the Seraphim are not going down this arc.

However, I do think that SHs will manage to hold their own long enough to get Stella and escape Egghead. This will mean they couldn't win the fight in a head to head, that Egghead will be obliterated, but the main goal of the Marine's/WG will have failed.

@Nie Li that is a great profile pic. The Michael with Sunshine was also dope. How are you getting larger profile pic then the rest of us? Is there a setting I'm missing cuz I'd love a bigger one myself.
It could be a for example like an empire strikes back The empire won battle at Hoth but the rebellion still kept going . That's still be considered a win for the Empire.
So basically the straw hats get away with say Atlas.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
It could be a for example like an empire strikes back The empire won battle at Hoth but the rebellion still kept going . That's still be considered a win for the Empire.
So basically the straw hats get away with say Atlas.
Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking. However to me that would be an L for the Marines/WG. If the opposite were to happen where SHs defeat everyone Kizaru, Saturn, Seraphim but VP is fully dead I'd consider that a W for the Marines. But I don't see any scenario right now where some form of VP doesn't escape nor do I currently want all versions of VP dead, which is why I think Marines will have an L this arc.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking. However to me that would be an L for the Marines/WG. If the opposite were to happen where SHs defeat everyone Kizaru, Saturn, Seraphim but VP is fully dead I'd consider that a W for the Marines. But I don't see any scenario right now where some form of VP doesn't escape nor do I currently want all versions of VP dead, which is why I think Marines will have an L this arc.
Keep in mind this is about whether you WANT them to win. NOT whether you think they WILL win or not.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Keep in mind this is about whether you WANT them to win. NOT whether you think they WILL win or not.
Yep I got that part. I don't want VP to be dead by the end of this arc so by proxy I don't want Marine's to win on their actual objective. However, I do want Marines to get a W in the head to head combat portion of things. This is not to say I want Kizaru defeating Luffy. I want them to fight long enough for SH to get away with VP. Luffy will have proven himself fully capable of soloing an Admiral but doesn't necessarily have to take Kizaru out as long we see he is on his way to winning if needed. Seraphim should be left relatively unscathed by end of this too.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I WANT Marines to win, but I don't think they will cause plot

About time admirals get a legit W, I don't mean win with asterisk like GB off screen dunking on defeated King and Queen, GB off screen win on Weevil who we don't even know how strong he is and what the situation was, etc.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
This is inverted Marineford hence Marines will lose
  • Pirates attack Marineford = Marines attack Egghead
  • Pirates attack to save Ace = Marines attack to kill VP
  • Ace dies = Vegapunk survives
  • Pirates lose their fleet captain Whitebeard = Marines lose their fleet captain Saturn
  • Marines failed to exhibit Whitebeard trophy due to third-party Shanks = Saturn trophy will be exhibited thanks to third-party Revolutionary Army

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
They can only win if they kill the Vegapunks. So no.