Mag Talk - Monthly Sunday GX Magazine | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Monthly Sunday GX Magazine

TXC

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Cool, I'm looking forward to that Oregairu CP.

duenneud

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Riverrun
Uncanny Brains end!? :o

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Uncanny Brains end!? :o
Yeah, it had a crappy end too -_- A shame since the series looked really promising at the start. I dunno if they'll add anything new next month since Jigoku Ane started 3 months ago.

On another note Destro 246 Vol4 is scheduled for July 18th. Definitely gonna buy it
Aoki Ao no Atopos Vol1 is scheduled for release on July 18th.

---------- Post added June 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was May 28, 2014 at 07:56 AM ----------

Oricon rankings June 2nd-June 8th

26 ** *,*28,573 *,290,387 **3 * BLACK LAGOON Vol.10
I honestly thought the series would sell more, but well this is already seriously impressive seeing the magazine circulation.

---------- Post added June 18, 2014 at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was June 11, 2014 at 11:36 PM ----------

July Issue ToC :

Jinsei (Cover and Lead Color)
Aoki Ao no Atopos
Destro 246
IS [Infinite Stratos]
ABLE
GJ Club
Manken
Tokiwasure no Sutehime
TK Crow (Center Color)
Shosei Katsuragi Shinjirou no Nichijou
Jigoku Ane
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love-Come wa Machigatteiru
Himitsu no Otome-chan
Zombie-chan
Nishimuki My Room
Gobangai no Shiroyagi-san
Doubutsu Zukan
Butter Nut!
Mini JyaJya
Tougenkyou e Youkoso!

August Issue :
Aoki Ao no Atopos (Cover and Lead Color) for the release of the first volume.

Destro 246 is still really high as always :cheez

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice to see that TK crow gets color pages. I wonder what's going on in it? I read the first volume (barely because lack of furigana and weird vocab= incomprehensibility), but I was interested enough to want to read more.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nice to see that TK crow gets color pages. I wonder what's going on in it? I read the first volume (barely because lack of furigana and weird vocab= incomprehensibility), but I was interested enough to want to read more.
The author is a special case lol, all the series he does are like that, the kanji are so complex even Japanese people have a hard yime understanding. The series though focuses on Mitsuko and the dog encountering different creatures in the city according to urban legends. I really like the series, it has a lot of comedy in it. The artist/script writer is also pretty famous in Japan.

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
August Issue : Aoki Ao no Atopos (Cover and Lead Color) for the release of the first volume.
Tôgenkyô he Yôkoso! (End)

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Oricon manga rankings June 9th -15th
39 ** *,*19,352 *,309,739 **4 * BLACK LAGOON Vol.10
Looks like TK Crow doesn't sell enough to rank, Volume 4 got out on the 12th.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The author is a special case lol, all the series he does are like that, the kanji are so complex even Japanese people have a hard yime understanding. The series though focuses on Mitsuko and the dog encountering different creatures in the city according to urban legends. I really like the series, it has a lot of comedy in it. The artist/script writer is also pretty famous in Japan.
I thought the artist/author is one guy, and Yuusuke Kozaki just did the original character design and script writing?
Pretty much the only reason I'm interested in TK Crow is that Kozaki worked on it at all though, since anything by the creator of Donyatsu has to be great.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought the artist/author is one guy, and Yuusuke Kozaki just did the original character design and script writing?
Pretty much the only reason I'm interested in TK Crow is that Kozaki worked on it at all though, since anything by the creator of Donyatsu has to be great.
Yeah that's what I think it is too. Didn't Kozaki also do the Fire Emblem character designs? Or was that another guy...I dislike that game with a passion, but it has some really cool character designs. You remind me that I still need to read Donyatsu too.

Ugh, I thumbed through volume one again and it's pretty much Russian to me. (Can't say it's Japanese like normal people since I'm supposed to be able to can read it.) It scared me away from seinen for a while until I started reading Nejimaki and Young jump proper. Glad to know that this series is an exception and not the norm.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah that's what I think it is too. Didn't Kozaki also do the Fire Emblem character designs? Or was that another guy...I dislike that game with a passion, but it has some really cool character designs. You remind me that I still need to read Donyatsu too.
Yeah, he did the designs for Fire Emblem: Awakening, plus some other stuff like No More Heroes and I think some Vocaloid thingy. It lists all the stuff in the author profile at the back of the Donyatsu volumes, but I don't have them on me to check right now. He even has a few artbooks out, which I am very, very tempted to buy every time I see them at Book-Off.
And yes, you do need to read Donyatsu. Everyone needs to read Donyatsu.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Dunno, all I know is that the way the dialogue are written scream "Miyashita Hiroki". I have 2 volumes from his previous series in GX and the dialogues are written the same way with kanji that are JLPT 1 level or aren't even for 40% of them part of the 2000 most read kanjis. I'm also following his currently running other series Ryuuma no Gagou in Young King Ours and it's the same way.

According to Sunday GX Yuusuke Kozaki is charged of draft "原案" and character design only, all the rest is Miyashita Hiroki.

Last edited:

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dunno, all I know is that the way the dialogue are written scream "Miyashita Hiroki". I have 2 volumes from his previous series in GX and the dialogues are written the same way with kanji that are JLPT 1 level or aren't even for 40% of them part of the 2000 most read kanjis. I'm also following his currently running other series Ryuuma no Gagou in Young King Ours GH and it's the same way.

According to Sunday GX Yuusuke Kozaki is charged of draft "原案" and character design only, all the rest is Miyashita Hiroki.
Okay, that's what I thought. Bit depressing since that means it probably won't get translated, but at least I can look at the cool art... since Donyatsu randomly skipped this week's YG issue and I have nothing better to do.
It is pretty interesting how varied Kozaki's character designs are across series; I'd never guess that any of the ones he did were done by the same guy if I hadn't been told that. TK Crow is pretty much the most normal of them along with FE:A, though.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Okay, that's what I thought. Bit depressing since that means it probably won't get translated, but at least I can look at the cool art... since Donyatsu randomly skipped this week's YG issue and I have nothing better to do.
It is pretty interesting how varied Kozaki's character designs are across series; I'd never guess that any of the ones he did were done by the same guy if I hadn't been told that. TK Crow is pretty much the most normal of them along with FE:A, though.
Good way to make me remember I've gotta finish finalizing ch01 [even though I've been on it for a while] XD

Other than that doesn't Kozaki just give the general outline of how the character should look like clothes, accessories and stuff and not the art style? I mean I think it'd be pretty difficult for an author to adapt to the design of someone else when used to a style already.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good way to make me remember I've gotta finish finalizing ch01 [even though I've been on it for a while] XD

Other than that doesn't Kozaki just give the general outline of how the character should look like clothes, accessories and stuff and not the art style? I mean I think it'd be pretty difficult for an author to adapt to the design of someone else when used to a style already.
Jagman had mentioned that you were working on a translation vince. Nice to see that the project isn't dead. I'd love to see scantlations of this since I can barely read it. Reminds me back when I was just a fan waiting for scantlations like most of the net. Not sure If I like this feeling though...

I'd love to see what the story is doing now. I managed to find the chapters (other than the ones in the first volumes so like chapters 8 and 9) on an old raw site but I haven't seen any more.

Interesting that Miyashita is overly complicated in all of his series. I thought that it was just TK crows, but now that I think about it I have read some of Ryuuma as well, and while It wasn't as complicated as TK crows, it was still somewhat brain breaking. I can't wait till I'm at a level to read these things.

I agree with you and Jagman though, I wouldn't think that the FE stuff and TK crow were designed by the same guy, but if he's just doing base designs and other artists are adapting them it's no wonder they look different.

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
August Issue ToC :

Aoki Ao no Atopos {Cover and Lead Color}
TK Crow
Jinsei
IS [Infinite Stratos]
Destro 246
ABLE
Manken
Butter Nut! {Center Color}
Nishimuki My Room
GJ Club
Doubutsu Zukan
Jigoku Ane
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love-Come wa Machigatteiru
Himitsu no Otome-chan
Gobangai no Shiroyagi-san
JyaJya
Tokiwasure no Sutehime
Shosei Katsuragi Shinjirou no Nichijou
Zombie-chan
Tougenkyou e Youkoso! {End}

September Issue :
Shosei Katsuragi Shinjirou no Nichijou {Cover and Lead Color}
Tokiwasure no Sutehime {Center Color}

That aside, it looks like a CM has ben made for the release of Destro 246's 4th volume, can't wait to see it.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Still no Black Lagoon? Sigh...

vinceled

Translator
Reaction score
Country
France
Sales from the 14th to the 20th {volume went on sale on the 18th}

16 ** *,*53,509 *,*53,509 **1 * Destro246 Vol.4 (デストロ246 4)
Seeing all the promotion they had going for Aoki Ao no Atopos and popular Yamamura Hajime actually is I expected Vol.1 to rank in there... But well these numbers for Sunday GX are only for the 18th to the 20th so really Destro 246 selling 50k+ in that little time is amazing.

---------- Post added July 31, 2014 at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was July 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM ----------

24) Destro246 #04 (46,193 / 99,702)
Destro 246 is really doing great :3 At this rate the series will become more popular than Jormungand.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh I didnt even realize Jormungand was in this and also that is the writers next work, I think its popularity is probably good needs for us folks as it probably means viz would eventually bring it out here.