Quarterfinal - One Piece Tournament 2015- Zoro vs Bartolomeo | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal One Piece Tournament 2015- Zoro vs Bartolomeo

Select which fighter advances.

• Zoro

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • Bartolomeo

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It is, but we talked about slicing. The body of Kuma and a PX are the same, so basically Zoro can cut Kuma now.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Vergo might not be stronger than Zoro but the point is that he's also a capable fighter and should be the superior conabatant against Bart. It's more about Bart being unable to do substantial damage to Zoro and Vergo whereas they can do damage to him proved they get an opening. Imo, it's also entirely baseless to say that Bart's barriers can be cut by Zoro. Bart's barriers weren't sliced by the birdcage which have massive cutting power. Zoro can't simply be expected to cut anything he may encounter otherwise he'd be the best swordsman by now. Bart's barriers for now, cannot be cut just like the birdcage. Despite that, I'd expect Bart to fall against superior fighters when they seem to have the edge in overall battle ability and endurance and when he might not be able to do substantial damage to them while they can do so to him.

sir_rocky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Imo, it's also entirely baseless to say that Bart's barriers can be cut by Zoro. Bart's barriers weren't sliced by the birdcage which have massive cutting power.
Why would it be baseless, birdcage wasn't able to cut haki imubed weapons, even from some ppl that are not considerd to be that strong but Zoro was able to cut Pica after he coated his body in haki so i would say that Zoro has better cutting power than birdcage.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Why would it be baseless, birdcage wasn't able to cut haki imubed weapons, even from some ppl that are not considerd to be that strong but Zoro was able to cut Pica after he coated his body in haki so i would say that Zoro has better cutting power than birdcage.
Like who? Those that attacked the birdcage head on were sword users who coated their swords in haki and we saw from Zoro's FB that Mihawk said coating a sword makes it potentially as strong as yoru. The others who tried to slow the birdcage down did so while behind Bart's barriers. Also, the fact that the birdcage didn't cut somethings doesn't mean the birdcage can be cut. That doesn't follow. When it comes two people using haki clash, the superior one comes out top so it makes perfect sense that Zoro could cut Pica. Also, we don't even know if the birdcage was imbued with haki. We even saw that Zoro was worried about the state of his sword afterwards.

sir_rocky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I guess you didn't understand what i wanted to say.

You said that barrier can't be cut because it wasn't cut by the birdcage as if it was some kind of law.

I just wanted to say that there are other things birdcage can't cut like haki imbued weapons but would you say that Zoro would be unable to cut such a weapon. As you mentioned in the fight between Zoro and Pica, person with stronger haki wins so if Zoro has stronger haki than his oponnent then he should be able to cut his haki imbued weapon.

My point is that you can't use birdcage as refference for deciding if something can or can't be cut.

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I guess you didn't understand what i wanted to say.

You said that barrier can't be cut because it wasn't cut by the birdcage as if it was some kind of law.

I just wanted to say that there are other things birdcage can't cut like haki imbued weapons but would you say that Zoro would be unable to cut such a weapon. As you mentioned in the fight between Zoro and Pica, person with stronger haki wins so if Zoro has stronger haki than his oponnent then he should be able to cut his haki imbued weapon.

My point is that you can't use birdcage as refference for deciding if something can or can't be cut.
Well it's not a law obviously. Just the current stand on things. The birdcage is something with incredible cutting power just like the barrier. Yes the cage might not have cut some weapons, but decent weapons don't just get cut/broken especially when they're haki-imbued. I'm just saying the barrier proved it can remain standing even when up against strong forces (the birdcage on one side and those using haki attacks on the other).
As for the haki thing, yes the person with their greater haki wins and zoro would certainly has stronger haki than Bart, however, Bart isn't fighting with a haki-imbued weapon. He's using a fruit power which just like the birdcage has yet to be breached. My point is that, saying zoro would somehow evolve to be able to cut the barrier isn't exactly sound because we aren't even sure of what the barrier entails. We just know it hasn't been breached. Zoro can and would win without having to cut the barrier either way.

MBVC

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
It is, but we talked about slicing. The body of Kuma and a PX are the same, so basically Zoro can cut Kuma now.
The problem is that Zoro will likely receive a panda paw before he even has any chance touching Kuma. If you don't remember, Kuma can move very fast so I don't think Zoro can keep up with him. Not to mention Kuma has an ability of giving back the pain hence whatever he receives from Zoro he will give back.

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even if Zoro can't cut the barrier he can still win. He could do tons of attacks and tire out Barto. We know Zoro has near infinite endurance, so yeah.

For example: Barto is inside a cube barrier. Zoro will use the tornado slash technique he used against the new fishman pirates. This will lift up the cube up in the air and then it will fall down. When it hits the ground Barto will collide against the cube and gets damaged. If he uncross his fingers Zoro will be ready to attack him.

Or he could just lift up the cube and smash it on the ground continously.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The problem is that Zoro will likely receive a panda paw before he even has any chance touching Kuma. If you don't remember, Kuma can move very fast so I don't think Zoro can keep up with him. Not to mention Kuma has an ability of giving back the pain hence whatever he receives from Zoro he will give back.
You are right there. But like i said... i was only talking about slicing or cutting, not defeating.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
[mod=ladylola]Please stay on topic.[/mod]

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Zoro advances to the semi finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.