Art - OP Covers Thread (Latest Volume Cover: #102) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Littered with the donquixote executives. Can't say I fancy them but nice cover.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Recent #77)

Thank you for posting the Volume 77 cover. (Cheers!) :super

From the One Piece Official Website, it has revealed that the Volume #77 will be on sale in Japan on 3rd April 2015. The cover will feature the Don Quixote Family in the Dressrosa arc. The Shueisha Japan's website has also stated that Volume will contain 232 pages, covering 12 chapters from Chapter 764 to 775.

I will update again if there are any changes pertaining to the info stated above and (of course) I will include the 77th Volume in this thread. :^_^

Last edited:

Stiltzkin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #77)

third cover without Luffy
then I bet next cover (#78) will be featuring all SHP

but its a bit weird if its DD family
because there are no CC, Monet, even Vergo
but if its the current family in Dressrosa then volume #78 will be SHP + samurais + Law + Rikuroyalfamily + Barto + Cavendish --- well, almost everyone on Luffy's side minus Sunny team​

Last edited:

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

weirdest looking group of villains I've ever seen together. lol.

Lomahongva

Reaction score
Country
Spain

I like the cover in general although not very much the band with the rest of the family members that cuts the main one.

But, wait! Doesn't it look like they're puppets in Doflamingo's hands?? DD has his hand extended in the gesture he uses to handle his strings, and the others are placed under it! Well at least, this is valid for Baby 5.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Well they're kinda like his puppets too. They wouldn't go against his orders or argue with him. Even top executives don't oppose him although they do interact and throw ideas unlike the other executives.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

Well they're kinda like his puppets too. They wouldn't go against his orders or argue with him. Even top executives don't oppose him although they do interact and throw ideas unlike the other executives.
The cover page really portrays it very clearly, in that Doflamingo is king and with his fingers stretching out to show that the rest of the executives are his puppets. The three top executives typify his protectors or bodyguards (so to speak). They are his guardians who have brought him up since a child.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

Thank you for your post, Kokuryuu. :^_^

Volume #77 titled "Smile" has finally been released in Japan. It is the same title as chapter 766. (Don't know why this title is being used. :^_^)

I have just updated the main thread (on page 1 - post 1) for the above-mentioned volume cover - for your viewing pleasure (and/or collection).

Additionally, I have also added some interesting One Piece animation art and guide books authored by Eiichiro Oda - One Piece Animation Logbook, One Piece Rainbow and One Piece White - on the same thread, page 1 - post 2.

*One Piece Animation Logbook, published by Shueisha on 25 Feb 2002, is a 168 pages artbook which contains screenshots, drawings and images from the anime series, covering the first 91 episodes of the One Piece anime series. It also contains character guides, story digests, animator design drawings and staff interviews, and a double-sided fold-out poster.

*One Piece Rainbow, published by Shueisha on 1 May 2007, is a 288 pages second artbook which covers episodes from the end of the Alabasta Arc up to Enies Lobby Arc. It contains an episode guide, information on the main characters, the show series, voice actors, music and sketches.

*One Piece White, published by Shueisha on 3 Aug 2012, is a 288 pages third artbook which covers episodes from the first half of the series. It contains the Straw Hat Pirates' linearts.

* Information is taken from One Piece wikia.

One Piece Animation Logbook
2002/02/25

One Piece Rainbow
2007/05/01

One Piece White
2012/08/03

Lastly, there are some missing cover pages which I have added. They are:-

One Piece Shonen Jump 2015 – Issue 6-7/2015 (on main thread page 1 - post 3)

One Piece – Chapter 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 39, 40, 42, 43, 46, 47, 48, 50, 51, 53, 54, 55, 57, 58, 59, 60, 62, 63, 65, 66, 67, 68, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 101, 102, 104, 105, 106, 108, 109, 110, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 129, 130, 131, 132, 134, 135, 136, 138, 139, 141, 142, 143, 145, 146, 148, 149.
(Page 1 - post 2)

There are some more missing cover pages, which I will update again next time.

With the above, I hope everyone would take a peep at them. They are pretty interesting and I have a lot of fun and laughter while uploading the pictures. Oda really has a sense of humour and he has put it into his manga.

As a matter of fact, these cover stories do tell a story on its own and it also shows the growth and development of the One Piece characters and the environment around them. :^_^

Hope you will enjoy.

Cheers! :^_^

TeaHati

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Recent #76)

Oh this is so cute haha :zomg

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Looks better than the last one. The dark background makes it cool.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: One Piece Volume Covers Thread (Latest Volume #78)

Volume #78 Cover updated. (I have added One Piece Party Chapter 3 cover as well - some of you may like it too.)

Black background for this volume (#78) - looks pretty nice.

We have Law, Zoro and Franky wearing black coats, while Luffy standing in the middle with a shirt in black with some patterns all over. Mansherry is sweet in the chibi look - big head and small body, and wearing white, perhaps symbolising purity?

Even the way the line up of the different groups of people is symbolic. The Strawhats (with Law) on top tier, the strong allies in the middle and the Tontatta at the bottom and each group has its own symbolic figure-head.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The first two definitely go together but the last one with 42 and 43...not so much.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

Saw this somewhere else and decided to repost it :), pretty cool.

It seems like Oda tends to follow a certain pattern in his drawings. The middle ones look really symmetrical. Most of the covers are pretty nice and it appears that a lot of effort and thoughts have been put into them. I like the way where different covers are related to one another. It is as if that they are drawn at the same time, but yet it doesn't seem so as many of them appears to be following the story or a particular arc. Though having said that, these covers are well designed for the various characters to correspond with the plot of the arc. They are very attractive and I like plenty of them. :^_^

Thank you for sharing. :^_^

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The first two definitely go together but the last one with 42 and 43...not so much.
Yes it does look kinda same. I don't know what Oda is trying to show us.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

He could be showing us the parties involved in the arc, the bad guys vs the good guys, this is particularily true for the issues with Baroque Works and the SHs since they're striking the same pose. I love those covers, and if you think about it if you put both volumes together it would feel like one big picture, with both parties facing each other, even the background is close (two shades of the same color).
It's also true for the covers that are part of the Dressrosa arc, the drawings are constructed in the same way, with a background that features vertical lines,the color of the field is black in both cases, with the middle band being red for DD and co and white for Luffy, there are also horizontal lines where the lesser characters are featured (the officers from DD's crew and the SHs allies)

Last edited: