Mag Talk - Shonen Jump Plus - News and Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Shonen Jump Plus - News and Discussion

lazybones1717

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What are some untranslated Jump Plus manga that you would like to see be translated?

I mainly asked this cause Icame across Kiruru Kill Me. xD
Off the top of my head:
  • Hidarikiki no Eren (The art seems interesting, that's all, lol.)
  • Boukyaku Battery (The fact that this one appeared on the recent MangaPlus survey gives me a little hope!)
  • Akuma no Memumemu-chan (Seems like a staple series on the service and I'm honestly surprised that no one has tried translating it yet. It even got a short ONA by Shaft minus Shinbo and it seems like they turned the main character into a moderately successful V-Tuber!)

Last edited:

Thehoennhippo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Took em long enough lol!

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s finally here, next I need them to pick up March of the living revenge, Wa no Kate, and Himitsu no kaijitsu

Last edited:

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dosanko Gyaru author must’ve foreseen the backlash because now we have a new chapter one week after instead of the usual two weeks and...

...I think this is progress, right? If so, then that just proves my point of drama is a necessary evil.

So translations came out (this is part one of a two parter) and reactions are mixed to positive instead of mixed to negative. Apparently people really don’t like the studying abroad trope. If I had to guess, it’s because the only major instance it shows up is in Nisekoi. Which... sucks, cause it wasn’t used the best there. I think this whole thing has been interesting so far.

Last edited:

Kushikime

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Dosanko Gyaru author must’ve foreseen the backlash because now we have a new chapter one week after instead of the usual two weeks and...

...I think this is progress, right? If so, then that just proves my point of drama is a necessary evil.

So translations came out (this is part one of a two parter) and reactions are mixed to positive instead of mixed to negative. Apparently people really don’t like the studying abroad trope. If I had to guess, it’s because the only major instance it shows up is in Nisekoi. Which... sucks, cause it wasn’t used the best there. I think this whole thing has been interesting so far.
I thought it was weekly before the author got sick? Then they returned but it was every other week until they full recovered ? Or am I wrong?

Thundercat27

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
If I had to guess, it’s because the only major instance it shows up is in Nisekoi.

Lmao, did you forget swim girl from wnl already?

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well that sucks, this manga is such an amazing and fun manga. I hope shonen jump makes more mma styled manga in the future.

Koni

Reaction score
Country
United States
New raw chapter of Kaiju No. 8 is out.

I really wonder what Shinomiya's deal is, seriously. She's real annoying, especially to Kafka. I don't think she's crossed that threshold into too annoying, especially since I think we're supposed to feel this way. I also think things'll get real interesting starting from the next chapter.

The author's an assistant of Horikoshi, right? Cause this series feels very much like early HeroAca, and I like it so far. Here's hoping it can go in a newer direction down the line.

Also really curious in the few panels we get of Mina.

Last edited:

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What's there not to get about her deal? She is from a rich and powerful family, intelligent, strong, a real genius at 16 not only combat but also ability-wise as her placement in the tests showed. In other words she is a Shinomiya but one worth her salt. No reason not to flaunt it as annoying as those lesser gifted might see it, blind due their envy. XD
Well, I bet next chapter she gets saved in some way or another or she has to work together with MC and his friend or else she loses or something like that.^^

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Lots of people have been wishing for WSJ to run an e-sports manga recently, well it looks like we now have one in Jump+ (called Gaming ojou-sama)

I hope it gets translated in some form, it looks incredibly silly but fun.

savethecat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lots of people have been wishing for WSJ to run an e-sports manga recently, well it looks like we now have one in Jump+ (called Gaming ojou-sama)

I hope it gets translated in some form, it looks incredibly silly but fun.
Main thing I don’t like about this is that it uses actual gaming IPs. Idk, something about that just feels a bit tacky to me. Would rather them have gaming characters specific to their universe

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Main thing I don’t like about this is that it uses actual gaming IPs. Idk, something about that just feels a bit tacky to me. Would rather them have gaming characters specific to their universe
I haven't read this but I thought Hi Score Girl was pretty good with that. Even had fun ongoing jokes like Haruo going after the console in hindsight we know was the worse choice (picking Sega Saturn over PlayStation for example)

Thundercat27

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I haven't read this but I thought Hi Score Girl was pretty good with that. Even had fun ongoing jokes like Haruo going after the console in hindsight we know was the worse choice (picking Sega Saturn over PlayStation for example)
This, Hi Score Girl is goat. Hence, it makes me think fighting game is the only viable genre to make manga about.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also fuck SNK btw

Aipom626

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just realized that in a few chapters, Saotome Shimai Ha Manga no Tame Nara!? will officially be 3 times longer than the author's previous 2 series (E-Robot and Love Rush) combined! I'm really glad their third time ended up working nicely for them.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn’t even know the manga version ran on jump plus. I’ll check it out since I loved the anime adaptation.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn’t even know the manga version ran on jump plus. I’ll check it out since I loved the anime adaptation.
It seems it is getting axed, which is surprising. Lots of comments being shocked and saying that the ending is so sudden and out of nowhere. The novel is still ongoing with 14+ volumes, the manga will stop at 6 (with a manga ending) it seems.

Sales wise, it always did around 3-5k+ copies, surprisingly poor knowing it's based on a popular novel. And the anime didn't help much beyond a short boost for Vol 4 (around 8-9k), which it lost already in Vol 5 (back to 5k first week)

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Anyone has a list for all the manga that was at Jump+ and their frequency? lol I would like it to put in wikipedia.