Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 476 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

How will Psych House perform on Shonen Jump?

• A Success

• Decently Well

• It Will Struggle

• A Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Enezneb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #27 (2024) - ToC
Sakamoto Days (Cover, Lead Color Pages, Anime Announcement)
Akane-banashi
One Piece
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo (Color Page, 2nd of Two Consecutive, Popularity, Vol. 1 Release)
Blue Box
Astro Royale
Den Den Night (Color Page, One-shot by Itsuki Takekamo, 47p)
My Hero Academia
Undead Unluck (Color Page, 4th Anniversary Fan Art Result)
Psych House
Mission: Yozakura Family
Kyokuto Necromance
Witch Watch
Kill Blue
The Elusive Samurai
Kagurabachi
Me & Roboco
Nue's Exorcist
Green Green Greens
Dear Anemone
Jujutsu Kaisen (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #28 (2024) - Information
Jujutsu Kaisen (Cover & LCP, 4th Popularity Poll Result)
Me & Roboco (Color Page, Popularity, Collaboration Project)
Astro Royale (Color Page, Popularity, New Arc)
Use Mono Sagashi (失せモノ探し, Color Page, One-shot by Mujina Muji, 47p)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Saw the MHA spoiler pages, yeah it's ending this round.

there will be a break next week. Also it’s important to consider the chapters in a volume as recently they’ve had 12 chapters each and volume 40 ended with 410 so volume 41 will most likely end at 422 so 5 chapters is not enough for a vol 43
i saw, but is good to remember that final volumes doesnt necessarily need to have the usual number of chapters included to be published too.

Like said it will have to end first than Dear Anemone, and that will have 19ch at the very best.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He is triggered Kagurabachi rankings are low so he throws the "it sells more" to make himself feel better which doesn't change the fact that rankings are low which is also a"cold hard fact" as he said :XD
lol

KrenKren

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He is triggered Kagurabachi rankings are low so he throws the "it sells more" to make himself feel better which doesn't change the fact that rankings are low which is also a"cold hard fact" as he said :XD
I mean, Sharkbait was the one who brought up sales.
Saying he's the one who threw it out there is just plain disingenuous.

echo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its not like final volumes can't be abnormally larger or smaller. I have a 264 page Nisekoi volume 25 sitting on my bookshelf lol.

Qukiqq

Reaction score
Country
England
Issue 33? that's too long, 8 chapters, its pratically another volume, Shonen Jump mangas are known for not having long prologue stuff and ending like 3 chapters at the very best after a final fight.
With breaks , it will be more like 5-6 chapters and hori at jump festa said
“The battle I am currently drawing is reaching its climax. There are still many scenes I want to draw beyond this battle"

And I very much expect that mha reaches its 10th anniversary so I just said one issue after it

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Welp, Kagurabachi continues in the bottom. This is starting to worry me again. You never know with Nakano.

Also, MHA is 5 chapters left at most. 4 if it gets another break on issue 30. I see Hori ending the series on issue 32 being the anniversary cover.

And I see you are triggered Kagurabachi is having good sales

Seandark

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Given that he’s still taking a break despite the battle being over I believe there’s still a little more left in the series

monstera11

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
He is triggered Kagurabachi rankings are low so he throws the "it sells more" to make himself feel better which doesn't change the fact that rankings are low which is also a "cold hard fact" as he said :XD
People are pretending the cold hard fact that Nue's ranking is also low does not exist, despite it being slightly above Kagura.

I was merely pointing out to Shark that Kagurabachi sales are definitely not stagnating. It is in fact, growing exponentially and not on snail pace like Nue.

Before you think i hate on Nue, it is not the case. I just dislike this mud slinging towards Kagura from Nue fanboys like Shark. It is usually always the insecure Nue fans who like to start the mudslinging just because the other manga is doing better sales wise.

But in any case i am happy to see what CP Nue will give next week. The CP is always very nice. I hope more people just outsource the coloring to other studio like Nue.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Y'all be talking about sales but Kill Blue is the one above all while selling less, Ogami ftw :hip

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
More manga should have handsome ojisan like Ogami tbh.

KrenKren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welp, Kagurabachi continues in the bottom. This is starting to worry me again. You never know with Nakano.
If nothing else, Nue getting the cover has actually reassured me some.
Kagurabachi overall is the much bigger success. Objectively and without question.
If Nakano ever were going to axe it, I think it would reasonable to assume he'd axe Nue as well.
And not only is he not doing that, he's giving it the cover. You see where I'm going with this? We're fine.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
MHA will end this year. Whether in three or ten chapters, it will have its end, it is now ridiculous to say otherwise.

As mentioned, there are still two volumes to fill. One has enough chapters, the other doesn't, so I expect a volume entirely dedicated to the epilogue.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Nue getting the cover is great, I imagine that means it is just either the serious arc or Shitotsu readers don't like and it'll rise once that part's done being ranked.

I wonder if MHA ending will affect the rest of the ToC. If its votes be spread pretty evenly everywhere, or if the battle shounen will get an extra boost above the rest.

Zest00

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Why people act like Kagurabachi outsold Nue? Nue already selling Nuellion copies.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
It would be supremely funny if Kagura went from two consecutive bottom five placements to two consecutive color pages and then straight down to the bottom five again.
Lo and behold, it indeed was supremely funny :D

Wonder how Chojo will fare after its two consecutive color pages.

Last edited:

SkullMan

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
KGB is the new MHA, while Nue is the new Black Clover

And I am fine with that

Qukiqq

Reaction score
Country
England
I want kagurabachi to be last in the toc next week so bachi fans can experience the trauma again from the toc in issue 2.

Even though I view both series as similar in quality , it is more fun to root for the little guy and it doesn't really matter because both aren't getting axed anytime soon.