Mag Talk - Weekly Young Magazine (seinen mag by Kodansha) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Young Magazine (seinen mag by Kodansha)

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Eh, most of what I've gotten through so far in it wasn't that hard. Most of the hard series were stuff I just didn't care about anyway, although there really isn't any feeling like that one series by an author you like that you were really looking forward to being a light novel instead of a manga (Guilty Children by the author of Bungo Stray Dogs if anyone cares). Seriously, why the hell would they do that?
Good to know. Going by the color pages alone the series seem pretty awesome, but I'll wait to see for myself. So was Guilty Children supposed to be a light novel? Or a manga? I guess I don't understand your complaint.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good to know. Going by the color pages alone the series seem pretty awesome, but I'll wait to see for myself. So was Guilty Children supposed to be a light novel? Or a manga? I guess I don't understand your complaint.
It was always supposed to be a light novel, but I didn't know that so I assumed it was a manga.

RafaFedKilla

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love that design for Rock Me. Amadeus. So schway.m

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The design of Rock Me Amadeus is gorgeous. At least for me the reason to give it chance even withoug knowing what it is about? action music battle manga?

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The design of Rock Me Amadeus is gorgeous. At least for me the reason to give it chance even withoug knowing what it is about? action music battle manga?
In a nutshell; guys summon beings from an alternate dimension to fight by listening to classical music to sync up with them. First chapter was mostly buildup, but hopefully next one will have more action. Definitely one of, if not my favorite series in the new magazine.

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
In a nutshell; guys summon beings from an alternate dimension to fight by listening to classical music to sync up with them. First chapter was mostly buildup, but hopefully next one will have more action. Definitely one of, if not my favorite series in the new magazine.
Imcredible. Gonna by that first tank day of release. Goddam.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit that's amazing. I'd make room in my schedule to work on that if I weren't a horrible translator and unable to read seinen easily.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Holy shit that's amazing. I'd make room in my schedule to work on that if I weren't a horrible translator and unable to read seinen easily.
I'm seriously trying to figure out a way to fit it into my own schedule, at least for the first chapter. Quite a lot of talking in the first half of the chapter, but it's mostly simple conversations... I really need to learn to restrain myself. Anyway, definitely excited for the next chapter.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm seriously trying to figure out a way to fit it into my own schedule, at least for the first chapter. Quite a lot of talking in the first half of the chapter, but it's mostly simple conversations... I really need to learn to restrain myself. Anyway, definitely excited for the next chapter.
Dammit you're making me want to TL this. I mean I guess I should break into Seinen eventually. If I could get into it then it'd be like learning to drive a manual car. Then I could really TL anything I wanted. Though I'm sure with a badass premise like that someone with talent will do it eventually. If not I'll definitely revisit it.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dammit you're making me want to TL this. I mean I guess I should break into Seinen eventually. If I could get into it then it'd be like learning to drive a manual car. Then I could really TL anything I wanted. Though I'm sure with a badass premise like that someone with talent will do it eventually. If not I'll definitely revisit it.
Oh, I should also mention that the truck from Saike makes an appearance, if you know what I mean.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I should also mention that the truck from Saike makes an appearance, if you know what I mean.
I only sort of do. But the hype isn't going anywhere. I wanna read this pretty badly now.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I only sort of do. But the hype isn't going anywhere. I wanna read this pretty badly now.

How driving a truck in Japan is not a capital offense by now, I do not know.

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

How driving a truck in Japan is not a capital offense by now, I do not know.
It will be a capital offense once Conan has to solve a case where a truck is the murder weapon. Still trying to get ahead of that head injury though.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It will be a capital offense once Conan has to solve a case where a truck is the murder weapon. Still trying to get ahead of that head injury though.
If using any item used as a murder weapon in a case Conan solved were a capital offense, there would be nearly as many people executed in real life as there are murders in Conan.

Asgaroth

Reaction score
Country
Germany
thanks!

is there a method or weapon in conan that wasn't used before? How is it possible to come up with all this stuff? also is there a forum/page dedicted to plotholes and faults while making these cases? sometimes i just think. yeah mangaka, whatever you tell me will be probably right... what about the men in black, tell me more about them!

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States
If using any item used as a murder weapon in a case Conan solved were a capital offense, there would be nearly as many people executed in real life as there are murders in Conan.
Man. If jokes were lethal weapons...

But yeah the amount of Truckicides in manga lately is a little disturbing. Doesn't make this series any less awesome though.

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Blader

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
So GTO Paradise Lost goes hiatus. as expected though.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
What's up with GTO Paradise Lost?

Stark700

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell