Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 107 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

How will Kyokuto Necromance perform on Shonen Jump?

• A Success

• Decently Well

• It Will Struggle

• A Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #25 (2024)
Kill Blue (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 1st Anniversary)
Blue Box
My Hero Academia
Mission: Yozakura Family
Psych House (Color Page; 2nd Chapter)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Kyokuto Necromance
Youhei no Hen (Color Page; 47p; Oneshot by Mane Hideaki)
Astro Royale
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akane-banashi (Color Page)
WITCH WATCH
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Undead Unluck
Me & Roboco
Nue's Exorcist
Kagurabachi
Green Green Greens
Dear Anemone
ONE PIECE (Absent)
The Elusive Samurai (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26 (2024) - Preview
Cover & LCP: Nue's Exorcist (1st Anniversary)
CP: Blue Box; Super Psychic Policeman Chojo; Oneshot by Satoushou Masayoshi
Absent: My Hero Academia

Last edited:

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wanted to talk about Dr Stone anime since it will get a 4th and final season and get that rare milestone in Shonen Jump of getting a complete adaptation and more so if it's a long series, 26 volumes is not super long but still it's not a small series at all.

Makes me think which series will also get that milestone of getting a complete anime adaptation, we know MHA and JJK will but excluding those makes me wonder if UU, Yozafam or Blue Box will 🤔
Blue box is safe, just the announcement of the anime already generated a boost in sales.
Undead Unluck is unknown, the manga did not have any improvement in sales with the airing of the anime.
and Yozakura will face a difficult competition in the same month of kimetsu, but as it will be shown in the afternoon, perhaps it will be saved.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yozakura will face a difficult competition in the same month of kimetsu, but as it will be shown in the afternoon, perhaps it will be saved.
I don't understand the reasoning. The series are totally different.

Kiaida

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I wanted to talk about Dr Stone anime since it will get a 4th and final season and get that rare milestone in Shonen Jump of getting a complete adaptation and more so if it's a long series, 26 volumes is not super long but still it's not a small series at all.

Makes me think which series will also get that milestone of getting a complete anime adaptation, we know MHA and JJK will but excluding those makes me wonder if UU, Yozafam or Blue Box will 🤔
I would say only Blue Box will get a full adaptation. It's rare to get one.

Qukiqq

Reaction score
Country
England
lol Sakamoto Days trending on Twitter because fans don't want the JJK fanbase to start reading the manga :grin
People on twitter are so stupid , shipping and dumb powerscaling is a part of every fandom even sakamoto days .

Most of the Sakamoto days readers are (or were ) Jujutsu Kaisen readers and gege even recommended sakamoto days over a year ago on volume 9.

Also why are people trying to gatekeep a mainstream action manga from the most popular magazine.

People act like sakamoto days is this acquired taste when it is just a fight after fight manga .

I would say jjk is a more acquired taste than sakamoto days .

Last edited:

Stivie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't understand the reasoning. The series are totally different.
The reasoning is simple, yozakura and kimetsu are shonen and are published in the same magazine.
The difference is that kimetsu is a huge success, and this can overshadow yozakura.

Broseph

Reaction score
Country
United States
Outside of mega hits, I can never predict what will get a proper full adaptation honestly. I would have thought Never Land would get one instead of what we got and Haikyuu getting so much crammed into their second movie. I still have hope Haikyuu movies don't touch the last arc and they announce a 3rd movie for it if the current ones do well in the box office

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Very hard to say, but i bet on Black Clover, a new tv anime is already supposed to be greenlighted according to many big leakers.

Blue Box might have a complete adaptation but romcom series are surprisingly hard to get complete adaptations even if they're a big hit, we have Ichigo 100%, Nisekoi, We Never Learn and Yuragi-sou.

Undead Unluck i really doubt considering how little to none is the anime boost and also how high is the production, it doesn't seem to have many factors on it's side

Yozakura is a mystery, the anime will have a pretty good timeslot on Sunday so the chances of getting a boost increased, i think 2 or split cour is almost guaranteed but a complete adaptation only if it's successful, maybe streaming views will also help.

The Elusive Samurai i really doubt unless it pulls a surprise boost in popularity, seems like a hard anime to produce for too long

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #6-7 (2024) Color Page: Kubi Geshou

Ohh, nice color page.

Like mentioned above, is basically fans worried that all the shit that comes from fanbases like JJK and MHA will "infect" SD.

People on twitter are so stupid , shipping and dumb powerscaling is a part of every fandom even sakamoto days .

Most of the Sakamoto days readers are (or were ) Jujutsu Kaisen readers and gege even recommended sakamoto days over a year ago on volume 9.

Also why are people trying to gatekeep a mainstream action manga from the most popular magazine.

People act like sakamoto days is this acquired taste when it is just a fight after fight manga .

I would say jjk is a more acquired taste than sakamoto days .
I agree that is dumb to try gatekeep a Jump action manga, but i do also understand why they don't want Twitter fanbases like JJK ones, the amount of hot takes, dumb and annoying stuff you see on Twitter from fanbases like JJK is crazy kkkk

Outside of mega hits, I can never predict what will get a proper full adaptation honestly. I would have thought Never Land would get one instead of what we got and Haikyuu getting so much crammed into their second movie. I still have hope Haikyuu movies don't touch the last arc and they announce a 3rd movie for it if the current ones do well in the box office
Me too, i do think they movies might be just the end of the tournament and maybe a teaser of Hinata in Brazil and they produce a final season with the end of the manga.

Last edited:

Ravellino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Very hard to say, but i bet on Black Clover, a new tv anime is already supposed to be greenlighted according to many big leakers.

Like mentioned above, is basically fans worried that all the shit that comes from fanbases like JJK and MHA will "infect" SD.

I agree that is dumb to try gatekeep a Jump action manga, but i do also understand why they don't want Twitter fanbases like JJK ones, the amount of hot takes, dumb and annoying stuff you see on Twitter from fanbases like JJK is crazy kkkk
ah okay then hehhe,well today on twitter prety much all fanbases are annoying so the JJK one is more then normal

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (December 29)
74. Blue Box 13
269. Akane-banashi 9
275. WITCH WATCH 14
373. Undead Unluck 19
380. Ichinose-ke no Taizai 5
468. Nue's Exorcist 2

Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (December 30)
77. Blue Box 13
270. WITCH WATCH 14
315. Akane-banashi 9
338. Ichinose-ke no Taizai 5
428. Undead Unluck 19
467. Nue's Exorcist 2

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

Blue Box might have a complete adaptation but romcom series are surprisingly hard to get complete adaptations even if they're a big hit, we have Ichigo 100%, Nisekoi, We Never Learn and Yuragi-sou.

Undead Unluck i really doubt considering how little to none is the anime boost and also how high is the production, it doesn't seem to have many factors on it's side

Yozakura is a mystery, the anime will have a pretty good timeslot on Sunday so the chances of getting a boost increased, i think 2 or split cour is almost guaranteed but a complete adaptation only if it's successful, maybe streaming views will also help.

The Elusive Samurai i really doubt unless it pulls a surprise boost in popularity, seems like a hard anime to produce for too long
Yeah I think the safe bets so far are:
- JJK
- MHA
- BC

On the current roster:

- UU just no popular enough
- Yozafam I believe will be the same case as UU not popular enough
- Elusive Samurai is 50/50 more so due to Matsui name imo lmao
- Blue Box does have a chance to become something big so yeah
- Sakamoto will be like the next JJK imo, it will explode in popularity with the anime and the rest is history

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sakamoto will explode in popularity for sure 100% once anime airs. But probably be like MHA level instead of JJK level. So rare for manga to reach JJK level.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think it's worth remembering that Mashle peaked before anime selling over 100k copies on Oricon while Sakamoto Days never reached 100k on Oricon, it already peaked and still have not a anime announced, not trying to downplay Sakamoto but it's not like the series have "pre anime" explosive sales or anything and it's taking longer than Yozakura to announce a anime, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Sakamoto just loses a big portion of "momentum" like Mashle did, tbh Sakamoto anime should have been announced like a year ago.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The problem with Sakamoto is that it needs top tier animation to animate the crazy fight sequence in the manga. Not all studio has the resource and capability to do that. And i hope Crappa please stay far far away from SD. They have enough projects already

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
The problem with Sakamoto is that it needs top tier animation to animate the crazy fight sequence in the manga. Not all studio has the resource and capability to do that. And i hope Crappa please stay far far away from SD. They have enough projects already
If that is the case let’s think of its alternative’s. I would honestly say Studio Bones could do it. There is also the fact that Mad House could pull it off now they regained relevancy thanks to Frien. And I would also put Sunrise in that boat due to them doing stuff like City Hunter but I would say that would take a lot of resources due to the high amount of animation that goes into it. Any other guesses? Production I.G, Wit Studio’s, anyone?

GetGetGetGet

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
If that is the case let’s think of its alternative’s. I would honestly say Studio Bones could do it. There is also the fact that Mad House could pull it off now they regained relevancy thanks to Frien. And I would also put Sunrise in that boat due to them doing stuff like City Hunter but I would say that would take a lot of resources due to the high amount of animation that goes into it. Any other guesses? Production I.G, Wit Studio’s, anyone?
Considering Mob is over and Bungo won't have enough material for a while, Bones is probably the most sure pick for Sakamoto Days. Coming up they have an original mecha series as well as MHA S7+Movie. Aside from that, they don't have too much going on (for the standards of an animation studio anyway).

It's crazy that by the time the SD anime releases it will already be to at least to the 200 chapter mark. Insane for how big of a series it is. If the anime ends up being great then I guess it's not too bad.

I'd rather have late anime adaptations that are well done over what WSM does. With that said, it's interesting to see that WSM's biggest hits of recent times, TR & BL, had adaptations that left a lot to be desired, especially TR because wow that adaptation is awful. SxF had an adaptation that did just above the bare minimum and exploded. Then you look at Fire Force, it had a great anime yet fell way short of TR and BL. We've seen what happened to UU recently despite its good visuals.

What do you guys think is the biggest factor for the size of an anime boost? I personally think the biggest factor is how well a series appeals to women. Which kinda seems obvious just from a numbers perspective. I saw a study that showed that women are more likely to get heavily invested in things and pay money for merchandise.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It doesn't matter even if the adaptation is awful. It just need to be passable for it to serve as advertising for the manga. Honestly, of TR didn't have the anime as early as it was, the manga sales and popularity wouldn't have been what it is now. Likewise with Bluelock.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What do you guys think is the biggest factor for the size of an anime boost? I personally think the biggest factor is how well a series appeals to women. Which kinda seems obvious just from a numbers perspective. I saw a study that showed that women are more likely to get heavily invested in things and pay money for merchandise.
This 100%. Statistically women are the biggest merch market and money maker. I mean, have you ever seen the crowds at animate, pop up shops? Have you seen people's oshi shrine?

More merch sales = more companies wanting to do collabs = more visibility and advertisement

It is not everything of course. But it is a huge factor