Beach Volleyball Tournament - Ochi/Oishi vs Kimijima/Mizuki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Beach Volleyball Tournament - Ochi/Oishi vs Kimijima/Mizuki

Ochi/Oishi vs Kimijima/Mizuki

• Ochi/Oishi

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Kimijima/Mizuki

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Round 1
-
Ochi/Oishi vs Kimijima/Mizuki

Mizuki serves first.

Please make sure you've read the rules before posting.

This round ends in 48 hours on Wednesday, September 10 at 12:20 PM GMT.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hmm, how tall is volleyball net? Can mach still be hit?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The net is 2.43 m high I believe. Taking what Yanagi said into account, as well as the length of Ochi's racket, I would say no. His smashes should still be quite devastating though.

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
As much as I like ochi I don't see him winning even with his height. While oishi is also a good doubles player, he will still fall prey to mizuki'a data and kimijima's intellitennis. Kimijima also beat marui/kite without going full 100%.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, I think Mizuki would be the liability here. But the thing is that his forte isn't really in court. He could do various things, like poison his opponents with laxative, which he had canonly done before to Inui. And since Oishi is pretty trusting and not really the type to say no unless it regards meat, I can see Oishi maybe not even being in this game at all.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So what about Ochi's mental pressure? It probably wouldn't affect Kimijima, but Mizuki would most certainly be affected and 7 points shouldn't be enough for him to recover.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
The net is 2.43 m high I believe. Taking what Yanagi said into account, as well as the length of Ochi's racket, I would say no. His smashes should still be quite devastating though.
Wait what, why not? Remember that in Volleyball you usually jump a lot more than in tennis before serving and that you don't have to aim at a small rectangle close to the net. Mach could be perfectly hit. He's also big enough to be a great blocker and also fast enough to cover a lot of ground to defend. If he's blocking, I'd expect Oishi to stand in the most effective place to take advantage of Ochi's height as much as possible, and the moon volley has shown us that Oishi is pretty precise so he should be pretty good at setting the ball (maybe even when he's defending).

Even more, mental Pressure would kill Mizuki, and I don't see Kimijima winning this by himself.

Also, irrelevant, but remember how Mizuki likes to use a broom on the lines to distract his opponent? It would be pretty funny if he did that after every single point in the beach :XD

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, Yanagi included Ochi's jump height into his calculations, but I guess it's more of a running jump in volleyball whereas you jump from a standing position when serving in tennis. I didn't consider that.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well, Yanagi included Ochi's jump height into his calculations, but I guess it's more of a running jump in volleyball whereas you jump from a standing position when serving in tennis. I didn't consider that.
That wasn't the most important fact I stated when I was talking about the serve tho. I'm not going full Yanagi, but still check this. A service box in tennis is like (aprox, as I don't know the real numbers) 5.5 metres long and 4 wide (22 square metres), whereas a half of a beach volleyball (court?) is a perfect square of 8 and 8 metres long/wide (64 square metres). As it's longer it's way easier for the ball to have time to sink (maybe enough for Mach to be possible), and as the court is way bigger than a service box then (if he manages to hit it) it should be way deadlier than in tennis. And even if he doesn't hit Mach, he should still be hitting some really good serves anyway.

Also yeah, a running jump gives you a better angle btw.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Mmm wait, I'm ignoring the fact that in tennis your side is also bigger, so the ball has even more time to ¨sink¨.

I dunno, Mach being doable in Beach VolleyBall is a pretty good question that no one here will answer I believe.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, unless Mizuki poison Oishi before the match, I think Ochi/Oishi pair will win. Mental Pressure should take Mizuki out of the game, then it's 2 on 1.

If Mizuki do tampers with something before the game starts though, then it's Ochi vs Kimijima. If it's tennis, I'll say Kimijima wins hand down. But since it's volleyball, that's a bit hard to say.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I think Kimijima/Mizuki can win this.
Mizuki probably has Ochi's data. That would help the pair. Kimijima is pretty solid player. And with his negotiation I think they should win.