Chapter - Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 423 Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 423 Discussion

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My reaction to the 11th death of afo: *yaaaaawwnnnnnnnnn*.

I can't say this chapter was bad, we've had much worse, but damn it it was boring.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

zafool974

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Let's be honest, after Star, the manga became a bit stale. The Endeavor vs High end and Star fights were peak MHA and then we had Dabi's whole thing and AFO being a bit of an empty vilain after all.

This manga has been good overall but this ain't HxH or One Piece, we all knew that. It's a bit below Naruto to be honest but still enjoyable. I would think that AFO won't come back like Muzan possessing the MC (btw I put Demon Slayer below MHA).

It's been a fun ride and although satisfaction isn't met at the end, it was still nice to read. I figure we'll get something like 5 slice of life chapters and call it a day.

Battle Wolf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Maybe if we read all chapters in a roll, things gonna change a little in the perception of rushed or not... In overall things ended a little rushed to me too, even a little tired of fights, considering that this AFO is the last one, i wanted a harder fight.

Athrin

Reaction score
Country
United States
If y'all want people throwing hands as the focus, there's always JJK. Fighting was always just a vehicle to move the story in this series and I'm glad it remained that way.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite the overarching thing being long, this final moment was a lot shorter than I'd have expected. But I dunno how I feel about it. On the one hand, would there really have been any point in stretching it out? It's all been said and done - how AFO feels about Yoichi, how Yoichi feels about AFO, how much evil AFO has done, etc. But maybe there could've been more to say. I guess if anything could've stood to last longer it's Shigaraki's final appearance.

But yeah, I think I liked it overall? With a question mark because... I'm not sure exactly? If I had one gripe, it's that Shirakumo's last moment felt like it was tacked on just to give Bakugo an excuse to show up and do something. Like, I get it, he's Hori's favourite and he wins all the popularity polls. Did we really need to spend a page on his feats again, in a chapter that's supposed to be dedicated to more important stuff?

One thing I notice - among the OFA users at the end, we're missing All Might (which I guess makes sense) and Danger Sense Man. AFO comments that Danger Sense was overwhelmed by the number of heroes coming at him, but if he has it, why wasn't he in there?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Let's be honest, after Star, the manga became a bit stale. The Endeavor vs High end and Star fights were peak MHA and then we had Dabi's whole thing and AFO being a bit of an empty vilain after all.

This manga has been good overall but this ain't HxH or One Piece, we all knew that. It's a bit below Naruto to be honest but still enjoyable. I would think that AFO won't come back like Muzan possessing the MC (btw I put Demon Slayer below MHA).

It's been a fun ride and although satisfaction isn't met at the end, it was still nice to read. I figure we'll get something like 5 slice of life chapters and call it a day.
Bnha was excellent up to the chisaki arc... In this arc characters stopped making any amount of sense. All heroes were suddenly idiots. The my villain academia section started pretty decent but at the end of that villains became pretty much garbage characters. No idea of why there was such a sudden drop in quality, maybe the author just couldn't execute a manga that got that big that quickly. Other mangas have drop in quality but not this drastic. Even fairy tail help up better...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I suppose i do take issue with things being this easy at the end. Shigarakis body couldn't hold ofa even though his base strength was allmight level? Sure, he was tired, wounded and was holding afo as well but it still sounds like bs.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Despite the overarching thing being long, this final moment was a lot shorter than I'd have expected. But I dunno how I feel about it. On the one hand, would there really have been any point in stretching it out? It's all been said and done - how AFO feels about Yoichi, how Yoichi feels about AFO, how much evil AFO has done, etc. But maybe there could've been more to say. I guess if anything could've stood to last longer it's Shigaraki's final appearance.
But stretching things out would no longer make sense, what's the point then?

But yeah, I think I liked it overall? With a question mark because... I'm not sure exactly? If I had one gripe, it's that Shirakumo's last moment felt like it was tacked on just to give Bakugo an excuse to show up and do something. Like, I get it, he's Hori's favourite and he wins all the popularity polls. Did we really need to spend a page on his feats again, in a chapter that's supposed to be dedicated to more important stuff?
Since even Shoto and his father appeared for a page, it was unthinkable that the author would leave Bakugo out of the action.

Even fairy tail help up better...
Let's not exaggerate now.

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
But stretching things out would no longer make sense, what's the point then?
That's kinda why I'm in two minds about it. I feel like there's some extra stuff that could've fit in here, e.g. a bit more from Shigaraki. But I don't necessarily feel like it was imperative.

Since even Shoto and his father appeared for a page, it was unthinkable that the author would leave Bakugo out of the action.
Well, it was certainly expected.

MIU-09S

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Well like a lot of people I have mixed feelings with this ending. I was expecting some of salvation for Tomura since he was one of AFO victims after all. In the last chapters he's depeint as a puppet who was controled from the beginning and I don't think this way to end the character is satisfying...

About the decline in manga quality from a certain point don't forget that it's the result of poor health of Horikoshi Kohei over the last few years. But manga industry is spartan : (

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Chapter getting a lot of criticism, some more valid some are complete BS.

But the real hate gonna start when Deku and Ochako end up together and Bakugou get a girlfriend. That's gonna be scary.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well like a lot of people I have mixed feelings with this ending. I was expecting some of salvation for Tomura since he was one of AFO victims after all. In the last chapters he's depeint as a puppet who was controled from the beginning and I don't think this way to end the character is satisfying...
It's enough for me that it ends.

Chapter getting a lot of criticism, some more valid some are complete BS.

But the real hate gonna start when Deku and Ochako end up together and Bakugou get a girlfriend. That's gonna be scary.
Dear God.

Griffithpt

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
The age difference is a problematic, but personally I think Bakugo and Best Jeanist make a cute pair.

This is a joke, please don't be that one person who will quote this taking it seriously or see this as me condoning problematic age gaps in relationships.

escoxking

Reaction score
Country
United States
MHA really over and I can say the series was true to itself from beginning to end. The only thing that killed it for me was Tomura character development. There should have been some type of redemption. Ultimately he was a victim that couldn't be saved and that makes me sad.

Griffithpt

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
MHA really over and I can say the series was true to itself from beginning to end. The only thing that killed it for me was Tomura character development. There should have been some type of redemption. Ultimately he was a victim that couldn't be saved and that makes me sad.
Did you read the last chapter? He joined Deku to take down AFO. He also asked Deku to tell Spinner that Shigaraki was true to himself until the end, despite knowing he would die. He cared for others in his final moment and fought to not have himself lost to AFO, who ultimately cost him everything.

That's as close to a redemption as he could get and while there are many things I dislike about the manga and the way it panned out, I don't think Shigaraki could have gotten a much better ending.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The age difference is a problematic, but personally I think Bakugo and Best Jeanist make a cute pair.

This is a joke, please don't be that one person who will quote this taking it seriously or see this as me condoning problematic age gaps in relationships.
Jokes on you, I actually like Bakugou getting older partner, after timeskip of course. Fuyumi or Miruko...

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Jokes on you, I actually like Bakugou getting older partner, after timeskip of course. Fuyumi or Miruko...
Or Camie…. I mean, she is a year older and is probably the only person who can even stand him.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Or Camie…. I mean, she is a year older and is probably the only person who can even stand him.

Yeah very underrated ship, wish there were more interactions between this two.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jokes on you, I actually like Bakugou getting older partner, after timeskip of course. Fuyumi or Mirko...
If she's still alive...