Anime - DGM Theater Hang Out Thread | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime DGM Theater Hang Out Thread

NonExisted

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
is this about the drama CD or just the opening?
It's just the opening. The drama CD will be included in the BD vol 1's release (limited edition)

Silverwolf442

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The voices will all take getting used to.
Lookie Lookie!!! It's the trailer for the first dubbed episode of D.Gray-Man Hallow!!!!!!! It seems they kept a good portion of the cast except Travis Winghingam as the Vpice of Kanda
Just got done watching the dub. Some of the voices were better than the Jap. for Hallow.

*Lavi's still doesn't seem fitting. The voice was nice for the old anime. But with the art-style change, Lavi looks a good bit older, so the voice should have been just a tad deeper to match with the look. However, it's MUCH better than the Jap. VA, that one being the worst of the 3 voices.
*Luci was pretty good as Lenalee, and I think she's an improvement over her Jap VA, which was too high pitched, again Hallow VA being the worst of the bunch. I's been a min. since I heard her voice dubbed, but it does sound a bit better than I remembered it. I think some other VA probably could have been more fitting. But those VA probably don't work with FUNI. So Luci is still good.
*Sabat was decent as Cross, but voice does still sound too ritzy -for lack of better word -like Byakuya (Bleach), or Mr. Howell (Gilligan's Island). Seems he doesn't much much emotion into his voice either. Either trying too hard to sound aloof and cool, or like he's trying to make Cross sound indefinitely drunk, idk. lol But still far above Mogami. Like the other Hallow VA above, he's the worst of the bunch. I can tolerate Sabat's Cross -unlike Mogami, whom I need to mute.

All the other voices are decent as well. But I thought their Hallow VA were decent too. Only the above 3 did I find less than good in Hallow.

Only 1 thing annoyed me dub-wise, being the way they pronounced Cross' last name. I wish they'd stuck with the Jap. pronunciation, rather than Americanizing it and using the short a, similar to the "A" "Marianne."

Last edited:

neah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The voices will all take getting used to.

Just got done watching the dub. Some of the voices were better than the Jap. for Hallow.

*Lavi's still doesn't seem fitting. The voice was nice for the old anime. But with the art-style change, Lavi looks a good bit older, so the voice should have been just a tad deeper to match with the look. However, it's MUCH better than the Jap. VA, that one being the worst of the 3 voices.
*Luci was pretty good as Lenalee, and I think she's an improvement over her Jap VA, which was too high pitched, again Hallow VA being the worst of the bunch. I's been a min. since I heard ehr voice dubbed, but it does sound a bit better than I remembered it. I think some other VA probably could have been more fitting. But those VA probably don't work with FUNI. So Luci is still good.
*Sabat was decent as Cross, but voice does still sound too ritzy -for lack of better word -like Byakuya (Bleach), or Mr. Howell (Gilligan's Island). Seems he doesn't much much emotion into his voice either. Either trying too hard to sound aloof and cool, or like he's trying to make Cross sound indefinitely drunk, idk. lol But still far above Mogami. Like the other Hallow VA above, he's the worst of the bunch. I can tolerate Sabat's Cross -unlike Mogami, whom I need to mute.

All the other voices are decent as well. But I thought their Hallow VA were decent too. Only the above 3 did I find less than good in Hallow.

Only 1 thing annoyed me dub-wise, being the way they pronounced Cross' last name. I wish they'd stuck with the Jap. pronunciation, rather than Americanizing it and using the short a, similar to the "A" "Marianne."

I'm really biased.. The English voices are much better then the Japanese voices. There are some anime that shouldn't really be done in Japanese in my oppion. Like FMA and Black Butler and D. Gray-man. In all of those anime/manga's they authors have all confirmed that the characters speak English. And most of the characters have Western names to accompany that. So hearing D. Gray Man Hallow dubbed feels right. I don't have anything against watching it subbed but some animes are better dubbed. Although I didn't really like Jonny's voice actor to much. But I loved Mana's and Reds voice actor. I got a real good laugh out of that scene. I dont really know what else Mana,s VoiceOver actor has been in. But i really think he nailed it.

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Hallow's 1st BD/DVD volume gets delayed until further notice
Reason: Quality improvement

fuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hallow's 1st BD/DVD volume gets delayed until further notice
Reason: Quality improvement
how about voice improvment!! come on tms

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
how about voice improvment!! come on tms
They may re-dub, but will not change the cast or whatever
but actually, I've only seen one anime with re-dub

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hmm I still don't mind the VA's much (since I totally forgot how the previous sounded).
But I'm happy they are delaying the blue-ray for quality improvement :)