Just a hello | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Just a hello

Un4tural

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
Well, that and that its nice to join the forums. Huge fan of anime and getting into manga, as i am pretty much out of good anime to watch :-_-

Would be glad to join as proof reader or something like that, could probably do more once i get a decent notebook/PC as i moved recently and had to leave mine behind and now am using a netbook on which it is quite awkward to do any kind of editing, or even playing flash games, not to talk about multitasking :-_- sorry [/rant]

Nice to meet you all, i got no experience in all this, but would like to gain some, for now all i can do is proof check grammar, maybe quality check, but i can't really do any image editing...

Also no shounen projects as i hate all the bleach and naruto agenda. I'm into more serious series, sci-fi fantasy etc. loved Goth and Homunculus (what happened tho this one?) to name a few. [/sidetrack] :lovebunny

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
welcome Un4tural, u're new here so u're my kouhai and i'm ur sempai :kukuku
well kidding :p
how many time did u lurk before joining this forum? :p
whats ur favorite mangas ?
u hate bleach and naruto? :beer
what do u think about One Piece?
join the Fun Forum :p

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Un4tural! Welcome! Always nice to meet a Seinen fan. :amuse

Homunculus, huh? Great taste! :hi5 Illuminati finally put out volume 12 recently (a couple of months ago, I believe). Even though it's slow, it's still being scanned. Totally worth the wait for the quality, too, imo.

But yeah, if you like Homunculus, I'd highly suggest you try out Ultra Heaven, if you haven't already. It's totally trippy and the art will blow you away, guaranteed. Really amazing. :thumbs

How did you first get into anime/manga, anyway?

steelwingcrash1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hi there.

Are you still a student or already working?
Do you like to voice out your opinions? If so, please share your ideas in the general discussions area and I will be very eager to read them. There are plenty of threads in there.

So, welcome.

BTW, do you read reborn or naruto manga?

Channy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello Un4tural im Chan
I know what using a Netbook is like it sucks the keyboard and screen are way too small thats why i have a big monitor hooked up to mine

Favorite Band/Artist
Favorite color
Favorite quote
Favorite Beer
Favorite Liquor

Un4tural

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
@Chan
Favorite Band/Artist - don't really care about the bands/artists, i respect them for what they do, but i am not stalking them or caring who has who's baby etc.
Favorite color - used to be blue, but now Nasa's 10 times blacker than black is my pick.
Favorite quote - Strive for perfection - May possibly not be a quote...
Favorite Beer - Local brewed stuff is the best most of the time. There used to be this light beer which i would drink all the time, basically its calsberg, just that it has 70% more taste... Calsberg tastes like lemonade :(
Favorite Liquor - Beer. I do like the strong ones too, choosing them by how presented and why i am drinking, but by consumption its definitely Beer.

And using a netbook isn't bad at all, it is just that it lacks some muscle. I have been stalking M11X from alienware on ebay for quite a while, but i can't justify spending so much (half of which is brand name, which doesn't really mean much to me anymore after Dell bought it) on a small notebook which has less muscle than my 6 ( i think it is 6) year old Desktop PC...

Anyways i love my little donkey netbook :P it has been good to me all these years (HDD died after exactly 364 Days of pure spinning, just 1 day until its birthday... But its probably because it *fell* from places all the time)

@Steekwing

Working now, gonna go to university eventually.

@TheGoods

I'll definitely check em out. My first anime was Fate stay night or air gear, this guy from an mmo suggested(who i remember was Dutch and whose name meant Bear translated to English), Beats dragon ballz which was running on TV at the time by far. Now i moved over to manga, cause i noticed a while back there aren't that many good mangas, (serious, more mature ones) made into anime, especially the good ones. Well i guess it still is business and they make what they think will make money (mainstream crap like Bleach which is half fillers :(which i used to like sort of)). Homunculus was first manga i did read too, probably one of best choices i made, a shame it still isn't made into anime, cause it could be a really great one.

@Scav

I wasn't lurking at all here, i was reading Mirai Nikki (on my psp which i got for 20pounds and is barely alive, i keep mending it so it doesn't fall apart, looks a bit like terminator, but works), which was quite amusing and thought it would be nice to help out with doing the translations ( well all i can do is proof read/spell/grammar check).
I am a hell of a spontaneous guy, mostly i know what i want when i see it and when i know it is worth the money after considering my current budget for my spontaneousness... Or something like that.

Nice to meet ya'll, i thought no one actually reads these introduction posts. This seems like a great forum and community to be part of.

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Hello Un4tural,

Welcome to MH and the zone. It's nice to meet you too and how are you doing today?

Take care, lordHokage. :)

steelwingcrash1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What course will you take in your university? Do you like math-related courses?