On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | Page 19 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

keeper1h

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I cannot think of a bad guy in the elbaph arc. Normally, Oda hints it by now. Or one of the five elders may chase the SH to Elbaph to get revenge or something along those lines and that’s when Luffy figures out how to hurt them?
...Meanwhile, Kidd is planning to use his BFG to fry the ones that are currently tending to his wounds...
Just kidding, probaby he won't try that ever again! 🤣

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
At this point it's unlikely there's a "bad guy" of Elbaf, and instead it's more likely a transition arc like Zou to segue into a war with the WG or something along those lines. We're too late in the game for there to be threatening enemies we haven't heard of, IMO. Fishman Island had Hody Jones and PH had Caesar, but at this point Luffy is so strong that aside from other Yonko and the WG he won't find any challenges.
Given how this is a shounen manga and every arc has had conflict in some capacity, I’m sure Oda will find a way like he always has before.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That is a good point. He is too strong which makes the story boring unless BB or WG are involved.

On a side note. Who will SH fight first? WG or BB or Shanks?
People thought Luffy was “too strong” by the start of Egghead, yet Oda still had Luffy run away alongside Dorry and Brogy in the same arc. If there’s necessity, Oda will find a way.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
What are the chances that Davy Jone's legend in OP world is referring to Joy Boy?
At about the time you posted this, there was mention of a theory about Blackbeard being descended from Davy Jones, in this post in another thread. I've watched the theory vid since then and it's pretty well put together (except the bit about a whale's eye iirc, but I guess we'll see). Worth checking out, if you're interested.