On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

korwinkrulpolski

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Joyboy was a giant just look at the hat imu have, its joyboy hat, and of course nika was a giant too, imagine the gians worshiping a mere human or other race imposibble
It might as well be original Nika's hat, sort of relic stolen by WG. Or it might be just cult object from Elbaph since we've got information that Nika is Elbaph's god. As of yet Joyboy is just citizen of AK, no evidence of him being the giant.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
So we know gods like Buddha exist in the one piece world.
My question is just like in the real world where people can view religion as purely religious myth... no one in this day and age has physically seen a "God", but they worship him.
Is it possible Nika never existed as a person like Buddha doesn't exist, but he is a religious figure who emerged as a DF power?
I don't think Nika literally exist as a god the same way Buddha doesn't exist as a god, but they exist as representation in Devil fruits which come from the desires of people.

If I were to bet, Joyboy from the Ancient Kingdom is not necessarily a giant, but we'll see I guess. AK weren't a giant race from what we can see, but we see they do have diversity. I am assuming the D. people are the people that originate from the Ancient Kingdom as a preface.

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
My question is just like in the real world where people can view religion as purely religious myth... no one in this day and age has physically seen a "God", but they worship him.
Is it possible Nika never existed as a person like Buddha doesn't exist, but he is a religious figure who emerged as a DF power?
I don't think Nika literally exist as a god the same way Buddha doesn't exist as a god, but they exist as representation in Devil fruits which come from the desires of people.

If I were to bet, Joyboy from the Ancient Kingdom is not necessarily a giant, but we'll see I guess. AK weren't a giant race from what we can see, but we see they do have diversity. I am assuming the D. people are the people that originate from the Ancient Kingdom as a preface.
I just assume the AK was probably some Utopia where all races co-existed and not a homogeneous society.

I feel like it's likely DF's started taking form around the void century between the Gorosei not being named as ability users (indicating a possibility they're the original users of their abilities), and Vegapunk's explanation of how they came to be. I suspect that Devil Fruits emerge with a bit of irony, too. For instance, I could see Joy Boy just being some guy who wishes to be the most free person and bring smiles to everyone which causes them to give him a rubber body and boundless powers with respect to ridiculousness. IIRC Oda himself said he'd take Robin's fruit so he could draw Manga faster. I could see that being the explanation for that one. Some of the weirder ones like the Jacket fruit were definitely a product of irony.

In general I think Joy Boy started as a person and then became a symbol which is personified in the Nika fruit. That's to say I suspect as he gained fame stories about him took off and he probably gained some moniker due to his characteristics that became embodied in the ability he left behind which became a source of worship for those affected by him and passed down for generations.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I just assume the AK was probably some Utopia where all races co-existed and not a homogeneous society.

I feel like it's likely DF's started taking form around the void century between the Gorosei not being named as ability users (indicating a possibility they're the original users of their abilities), and Vegapunk's explanation of how they came to be. I suspect that Devil Fruits emerge with a bit of irony, too. For instance, I could see Joy Boy just being some guy who wishes to be the most free person and bring smiles to everyone which causes them to give him a rubber body and boundless powers with respect to ridiculousness. IIRC Oda himself said he'd take Robin's fruit so he could draw Manga faster. I could see that being the explanation for that one. Some of the weirder ones like the Jacket fruit were definitely a product of irony.

In general I think Joy Boy started as a person and then became a symbol which is personified in the Nika fruit. That's to say I suspect as he gained fame stories about him took off and he probably gained some moniker due to his characteristics that became embodied in the ability he left behind which became a source of worship for those affected by him and passed down for generations.
I agree with this idea besides the idea they only took form around the Void Century for 1 reason. They must have always existed because they come from the desires of people. People would always have wished for freedom, to be invisible, to be tigers, etc.
I think Joyboy was just the first to Awaken Nika's DF since he was strong and wished to be free like Luffy.

On another note, I find it quite interesting that in chapter 1085, Imu didn't know Nefeltari Lili was actually a D. He only suspected this to be so because she betrayed them.
Makes me beg the question that how can someone secretly be a D. when the Ancient Kingdom was still present, and be a monarch, and no one knows?
If a Royal Family from France married a Spanish Royal Family member, one would assume their lineage would be common knowledge... You'd know the offspring isn't just French, but French with Spanish lineage.
Lili would have been probably an adult, she would have been well known, ruled for years, so why Imu is surprised at her being related to the Ancient Kingdom is odd.
Unless people can become D. simply by taking on the name and then keeping it secret, then it would explain why Saul was a D. as a giant, and it would also explain why Luffy was going to casually name Sabo as a D which seemed to be done in jest, but maybe it's just that simple.
OR, the D. people who leave the Ancient Kingdom tend to just keep their names secret, very interesting.

Perhaps, like you suggest, they're a Utopia which would make sense.
Then I have to also question why haven't we seen a Mink or Fishman or other race also bare the D. initial? Is it we just haven't seen one yet, or they don't exist? Curious to say the least.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think the subjects of mythical zoans existed but weren't actual gods or mythical creatures in their time. But the way they were remembered by people over the centuries made the DFs based on them take on mythical qualities. Like, there was probably a dope-ass bird revered as a god at some point in history, but it didn't literally have the power of regeneration. The DF just took on that quality because of how mythology naturally exaggerates things, I think something similar happened with the historical Nika.

Just my take on it anyways given what we know about DF origins.

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp looks like the Gorosei are failing at stopping the transmission in its entirety. They can't do a thing about it which is fun to watch.

Crazy that Warcury is so hard headed that even G5 can't hurt him directly yet. What's crazy for me is that means his ability rubberize his targets even with unnamed attacks didn't work. That may be a sign that a strong enough opponent (probably haki use) can counteract the effects. The fact that even Kaido couldn't counteract that but Warcury can speaks volumes.

Hilarious that Luffy is making the giants laugh. Lives up to his name as he brings smiles to all faces. Hopefully it powers him up in some way. Also extremely interesting that Nika is a god in Elbaf specifically. Maybe that is where is myth originates vs it just being the last place the name still lives.

The eternal flame might be something that the WG has had all this time but couldn't use it effectively. Maybe it is a literal remnant of the energy used by AK but up until VP no scientist has been able to harness it. Kind of akin to how the sun in real life is a huge source of energy but humanity is still not able to use it effectively to stop having energy problems.

Sucks we go back on break after this but does seem we will be sticking to the broadcast and not just getting off paneled.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Of course in the next chapter Luffy will do something that will cause damage to Warcury, there's no point in making the Gorosei invulnerable to even Gear 5, only if Luffy isn't using ACOC to attack...

Monkey.D.Bowes

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Beginning to wonder how in the world did they build Impel Down.
Were the sea levels significantly lower many centuries ago?
Impel Down seems impossible to build.
That's what we said 2 weeks ago but you were stuck on your opinion. That the world has been flooded. Impel Down even seems to be an ancient building from the AK as at the top of the building there's a sun symbol.

And I didn't insert your other comments as how people get the D and people don't even know their lineage as Lili.. IMO it simply is because she was part of the Alliance of 20 Kingdoms but behind the scene she was working with Joyboy, hence the "mistake" with the poneglyph and the fact she didn't join the others at Mariejoa. Cobra's comment about "raising the flag of the dawn in a sinking world" make me really think that Joyboy's crew was the Dawn Pirates and the D is simply the moniker inherited to the descendant of the Dawn Pirates. As Lili was working secretly with them, she got the D cuz she was part of the crew.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Of course in the next chapter Luffy will do something that will cause damage to Warcury, there's no point in making the Gorosei invulnerable to even Gear 5, only if Luffy isn't using ACOC to attack...
Agreed. Luffy will figure out smth. No way Gorosei are invincible

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wonder how many will be confused about seeing Tonjit because they assumed Long Ring Long Land was skippable pointless filler. lol
i don't remember a shit about him

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So did Joy Boy inspire Nika, or did Nika inspire Joy Boy

Qenjin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Seems like warcury specialization is haki. It was the same before when luffy attacked katakuri, his hand hurt because of weaker haki. I think its the case here too. We never seen as powerful king haki howl as warcury before.

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
So, as someone said, VP created something similar to Uranium as Nuclear Weapon. Oda even keeps it underwater like a nuclear reaction.

I think Gorosei have Uranus or know the details which they gave to VP as prototype to reproduce. Which lends to mother flame. The name mother indicates the origine or creator person, like a mother to his child.

Luffy trying to injure Warcury is funny but still pointless because they are immortal or regen way too fast.
Warcury is thougher than Kaido, even with ACOC, Warcury will regen or heal back.

Joyboy being the first pirate is insane, maybe OP is his body as they laughed to it. Like the 2 giants are laughing to Luffy right now ?

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I tend to agree with the Religious Myth aspect of this. Like Buddha existed but the myth and the prayers, thoughts and dreams of him has manifested him into a Devil Fruit, I think the same is likely for Nika. Nika is a very Ancient figure that then, over time, become a Devil Fruit. Or he always could have been a Myth!

I have this hunch that Nika was an Elbaf giant and liberator, the stories then flowed around the world from Elbaf.

I think Joyboy was a normal human, the Hito Hito no Mi: Nika fruit being a Zoan and allowing Giant transformation is indicative of Nika being a Giant and not Joyboy. If it were Joyboy then that would be the fruit inheriting something from it's previous host and then allowing the next host to access the previous's attributes, which we have not seen in OP before and I am honestly tired of that in Shounen.

It makes sense for Nika to be the Giant, And Joyboy to be able to transform into one, like how Luffy does. Luffy has always tapped in a little more and more into his fruit, Counting up the Gears it is akin to Partial Transformations into his Zoan form. Now his strongest transformation is Giant, it makes logical sense to deduce that this is the Ultimate Zoan transformation that the fruit has, which would be the most pure form of the Fruit, which is Nika.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
As I have previously speculated, Vegapunk's attempt to create an unlimited source of energy led to the creation of the mother flame. This mother flame is being used as fuel for the ancient weapon Uranus, and Vegapunk considers its creation to be his first sin. Additionally, it is likely that Doflamingo also knows about Uranus. His intention to "destroy the world" in his speech likely refers to its destructive power. Furthermore, his knowledge of how the world will sink "by each meter for every island destroyed" supports the speculation that he is aware of the impact of the ancient weapons. His mention of the meterage precedes Vega Punk's talk about the sea level rising by one meter.

Last edited:

Ziad

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Devil fruits chooses it's users depends on their thoughts and personal traits.

Sengoku is wise as buddha
Luffy is free as rubber
BB is very dark
Akainu is agitated as Volcano
Etc..