Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 234 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

The Prince of Darkness

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Good question. I'm not totally sure. The WG is going to have a lot of crap on their plate after this, so increasing bounties may be the last thing on their mind. At the same time, in order to keep some semblance of order or normalcy, they may go ahead and boost them for the hell of it to keep up appearances. If not them, then I imagine the Marines may take it upon themselves to keep that going.

The amount will be hard to determine, but expect the usual suspects (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Robin) to get the higher increases compared to their peers.
Was thinking the same. Increasing their bounties means the 5 elders acknowledge their loss against them but at the same time the SH are now the closest to the One Piece and the Truth about the Void Century and so they are the Elders' most heinous enemies.
They could do like they did for Enies Loby but this time the whole world knows the SH are in Egghead and what they're doing there.

Luffy should hit the 4B and be the first known Yonko with 4 Billion Bounty crewmates

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Was thinking the same. Increasing their bounties means the 5 elders acknowledge their loss against them but at the same time the SH are now the closest to the One Piece and the Truth about the Void Century and so they are the Elders' most heinous enemies.
They could do like they did for Enies Loby but this time the whole world knows the SH are in Egghead and what they're doing there.

Luffy should hit the 4B and be the first known Yonko with 4 Billion Bounty crewmates
I wish I could remember who, but someone predicted it could go to 4B first as you said, and then continue to follow along similar to post-timeskip bounties so 5B would be next (like after Dressrosa I think) and then break off from there and finish with his final bounty. That person said it would be something with 5s and 6s in it for the "gomu" thing, but I don't agree there (or at least not just that).

I'd guess while 4B would make sense esp. as an intermediate step (assuming Luffy & crew can safely escape with at least one VP satellite instead of being outright defeated like Law and Kid), and while there can be another 5B intermediate step maybe because of the war, there should be more specific wordplay to Luffy as a person rather than his fruit in his final bounty. It would take not just a native-levl Japanese speaker but someone with good understanding of Oda's style of wordplay to guess how that wordplay would go, but something along the lines of all the characters from the first ~1:30 of this video.

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like Wano is fully coming back into the story after an 18 month break.