Semifinal - One Piece Tournament 2015 - Sabo vs Zoro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal One Piece Tournament 2015 - Sabo vs Zoro

Select which fighter advances.

• Sabo

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Roronoa Zoro

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Semi-Finals - Sabo vs Zoro
Voting Rules:

• Bo16 onwards battles are 1 vs 1.
  • Starting with the Quarterfinals, discussion and voting will end on the same day.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the "unvote" function at the top right of the vote box and try again.

Sabo
Zoro

Voting will end on: November 14th

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Gonna give this to Sabo. Zoro is certainly a beast and a hell of an opponent, however, I believe Sabo outclasses him. Sabo probably has greater combat ability, might be more proficient in haki as he might have learnt it earlier and had more time to strengthen and work on it and also has a DF to aid him. Zoro would always need to use Haki during their fight (because he can't scare Sabo like he did to Monet :p) and we do know that one can run out of Haki eventually. Sabo has more options available to him and should have greater experience and skill.

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh look and again the the opposite. :D

I think the only way Sabo would win, would be a distancefight with his Meramera no mi. The moment he would get close to Zoro, he would get the upperhand because A swordsmen vs. a brawler on a same level will mostly goes to the swordsmen. We have seen Zoro utilizing his haki only for a short time but in this time he fodderized Pika who had a fullbodyhaki. Sabo should be much stronger then this but it had shown us, that Zoro is trained in the arts of Haki for offense.

And here i think too that powerwise he is the strongest in the SH-Crew. Luffy got better reflexes and defenseabilities, but in the offense everything will fall before Zoro if its a straightforward battle. He hasnt even shown us his strongest attacks and never broke a sweat. (Ashura)

What is tricky about Sabo is that he isnt an idiot like Ace who only relies on his dodgingabilities from the logia but avoids attacks by himself(also because he isnt used to the meramera no mi yet).

I think this would be a pretty badass fight, with Sabo and Zoro duking in out in melee first, but as soon as Zoro gets the upperhand(i dont think his dragonclaw will shatter Zoro haki imbued swords), Sabo will seek the distance and tries to grill Zoro. Thats the best way for him, but Zoro is used to avoid distanceattacks quite well and his ranged swordattacks doesnt seem like a feat which everyone can use. (Only Mihawk and Zoro displayed this kind of attack until now). Lets say he doesnt have the ability to let this ranged attack hit with haki, then he can still use it as a distraction and cut down Sabo by surprise when he regenerates thanks to the logia.

Its really a close fight, but when Zoro manages to avoid most fireattacks he should be fine. And even if he gets one or two times... its friggin Zoro that guyed thanked anything since Mihawk.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Sabo'll win. If Luffy will lose there's no realistic way for Zoro to win.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Zoro, because I'm biased. :e3

No but seriously I always find myself wondering if Luffy is really stronger than Zoro. In the first part of the manga we had Luffy and Zoro fight each other, I believe in Whiskey peak, and they seemed pretty equal in terms of power. It's not like with Usopp who clearly had no chance. During the time skip we had Zoro train with the best swordsman in the world. It's pretty big I must say. After the time skip we learned that Zoro specializes in Armament Haki, which its main use is to fight logias. So the advantage given by Sabo's mera mera might not be that big. Especially in close combat, I can see Zoro maybe getting the upper hand, in terms of physical prowess and because of his santoryuu.
And Zoro has so much stamina, he likely won't be exhausted, even after being injured. More importantly unlike Luffy who after using Gear 4 becomes hakiless, he can pretty much continue to use his haki and use it more efficiently.
So it's really a matter of knowing how Zoro relates to Luffy in terms of power, and I really don't see him as being too inferior. They could be close, but like I said back in Sabo vs Luffy, Sabo could be slightly stronger than Luffy. I don't think there's a huge gap between them. So I don't see it as Sabo having an easy win.

Zoro vs Jinbei would have been pretty interesting imo, in the case Jinbei joins and we need to know who is stronger.

Last edited:

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh look and again the the opposite. :D

I think the only way Sabo would win, would be a distancefight with his Meramera no mi. The moment he would get close to Zoro, he would get the upperhand because A swordsmen vs. a brawler on a same level will mostly goes to the swordsmen. We have seen Zoro utilizing his haki only for a short time but in this time he fodderized Pika who had a fullbodyhaki. Sabo should be much stronger then this but it had shown us, that Zoro is trained in the arts of Haki for offense.

And here i think too that powerwise he is the strongest in the SH-Crew. Luffy got better reflexes and defenseabilities, but in the offense everything will fall before Zoro if its a straightforward battle. He hasnt even shown us his strongest attacks and never broke a sweat. (Ashura)

What is tricky about Sabo is that he isnt an idiot like Ace who only relies on his dodgingabilities from the logia but avoids attacks by himself(also because he isnt used to the meramera no mi yet).

I think this would be a pretty badass fight, with Sabo and Zoro duking in out in melee first, but as soon as Zoro gets the upperhand(i dont think his dragonclaw will shatter Zoro haki imbued swords), Sabo will seek the distance and tries to grill Zoro. Thats the best way for him, but Zoro is used to avoid distanceattacks quite well and his ranged swordattacks doesnt seem like a feat which everyone can use. (Only Mihawk and Zoro displayed this kind of attack until now). Lets say he doesnt have the ability to let this ranged attack hit with haki, then he can still use it as a distraction and cut down Sabo by surprise when he regenerates thanks to the logia.

Its really a close fight, but when Zoro manages to avoid most fireattacks he should be fine. And even if he gets one or two times... its friggin Zoro that guyed thanked anything since Mihawk.
Why did u forget about his pipe? Fujitora is also a swordsman but Sabo was able to parry all of the attacks even while Fujitora was using his df powers.

Syphin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Based on Sabo manhandling Burgess like he was a mere nuisance, one of Blackbeard's main crew members, the main antagonist [crew] to the Straw Hat Pirates, I just can't see Zoro currently being at a level that he will be able to overpower and defeat Sabo.

Zoro is a beast yes, but the extent of Sabo's abilities haven't even been revealed fully yet and with what we have seen so far, he was able to fight with an Admiral and effortlessly dispose of one of Blackbeard's main crew members.

My vote goes to Sabo, he should be the one progressing through to the final.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Zoro has a very high threshold of endurance in hardship, even at the brink of death, he doesn't give up and fights till the end. I believe he would fight till his last breath. Even so, he wouldn't give up his life so soon. Through the many journeys from one arc to the other, he has constantly shown how strong he is, whether physically or mentally. His perseverance is something that I hardly see anyone who could have it like his. I'm really amazed at it. :^_^

On top of his physical quality, Zoro is also shown to be a very good swordsman - skillful and strong - and is able to fight with strategy, observant of details and knows when to take opportunity to attack opponents' weaknesses when there is an opening from his enemies. One recent battle he had was with Pika and how he defeated him after a long "hide and seek". :teehee

Zoro's opponent here is Sabo, he is rather new and has just come to Dressrosa. The last we saw him prior to this arc was when he was a child and we thought that he was dead after his boat got fired. Though I could see he is strong with his dragon claws, as well as the mera mera no mi, it may appear that he has all the merits and advantage in this fight. But I'm not sure how long can he fight, especially his opponent is Zoro, who is a formidable fighter and has an extremely high endurance and one who does not give up easily. In fact I can easily say that he does not give up at all. In this case, I hope Sabo is able to fight Zoro and withstands his attack as long as he can.

Is Sabo able to take up this challenge and endure till the end? :^_^

Last edited:

BASED Shinigami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see Sabo edging out Zoro just like he did against Luffy who is in all likelihood stronger than Zoro.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I see Sabo edging out Zoro just like he did against Luffy who is in all likelihood stronger than Zoro.
Yeah that's how I expect it to be but I actually wouldn't be surprised if Zoro does win since there's a lot of hype and fans

MBVC

Reaction score
Country
Bouvet Island
For insurance just in case when it's needed. :teehee

I believe Sabo has been trained by Dragon for these past 4 years, he's a pseudo-Natsu in OP without any doubt. I'm waiting for Natsu haters showing up here to vote against the tide.

sir_rocky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
We have seen Zoro grow from the beginning of One Piece, he is extremely strong and durable and after time skip he just cut everyone and everything in his way without breaking a sweat. He didn't even get to have a serious fight.

And on the other side is Sabo who no doubt is very powerful. But what did we really see from him? He beat Burgess who is nothing special and fought vs. Fujitora but that was not even a serious fight, they just fought a little and then just went their own way without anyone suffering any injuries.

I'm sure it would be a very close fight and i voted for Zoro because i like him better and imho there is no evidence that Sabo is stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.