Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 452 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

How will Kyokuto Necromance perform on Shonen Jump?

• A Success

• Decently Well

• It Will Struggle

• A Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #25 (2024)
Kill Blue (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 1st Anniversary)
Blue Box
My Hero Academia
Mission: Yozakura Family
Psych House (Color Page; 2nd Chapter)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Kyokuto Necromance
Youhei no Hen (Color Page; 47p; Oneshot by Mane Hideaki)
Astro Royale
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akane-banashi (Color Page)
WITCH WATCH
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Undead Unluck
Me & Roboco
Nue's Exorcist
Kagurabachi
Green Green Greens
Dear Anemone
ONE PIECE (Absent)
The Elusive Samurai (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26 (2024) - Preview
Cover & LCP: Nue's Exorcist (1st Anniversary)
CP: Blue Box; Super Psychic Policeman Chojo; Oneshot by Satoushou Masayoshi
Absent: My Hero Academia

Last edited:

KrenKren

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pleasantly surprised not more series were pushed down with the new releases.
KGB backlog is still holding, so I wonder whether it'll pull close to 10k again this week.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (May 7)
12. Kagurabachi #2
14. Akane-banashi #11
29. Undead Unluck #21
31. Nue's Exorcist #3
91. Cipher Academy #7
158. Martial Master Asumi #4
172. Shadow Eliminators #1
237. Green Green Greens #1

Backlog:
49. Kagurabachi #1
Like said, Kaiju backlog was in the middle, now it dropped under 41th place and Nue climbed back

You know, i wonder just how terrible were Shadow Eliminators survey votes in order to get axed with 19 chapters but still be ranking for a 2nd week on Shoseki lol

Dongus

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Is this your 1st time reading JJK? His lack of character exploration is nothing new. In fact i won't be surprised JJK simply ends with mamy plot threads hanging or rushed.
Yeah, it is indeed my first time reading JJK. I mean. There's only one JJK. Unless you mean there's a JJK 2, JJK 3, JJK Electric Boogaloo...

Lack of character exploration was more apparent in the newest arc moreso than prior arcs. You got bits and bobs of whichever character was part of that arc. Hidden Inventory was particularly good with the characterization, but even during Mahito's arc, just the right amount of exploration went into each involved character. Culling Games and further is where it went too hard into the Sorcery Battles and pushed everything else to the sideline. I dare say the comedy battle has more finality to it in culminating a character arc than the Sukuna jobbing conga line.

Crimson Trickster

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I don't read JJK. But they've spent over 30+ chapters on this one fight with the plot still being practically the same, which is very strange.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't read JJK. But they've spent over 30+ chapters on this one fight with the plot still being practically the same, which is very strange.
It's basically final villain fight, every character vs Sukuna, but kinda of most of it just being Gege jerking off to Sukuna.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

KrenKren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Super funny though. For better or worse, I've never laughed more at a manga in my life than when that guy from JJK 0 appeared.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Super funny though. For better or worse, I've never laughed more at a manga in my life than when that guy from JJK 0 appeared.
I still don't see where the problem is. In my Hero we lost two years watching this war with the villains.

KrenKren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I still don't see where the problem is. In my Hero we lost two years watching this war with the villains.
No problems here. I'm throughouly enjoying the arc.
Much more than I enjoyed the MHA war stuff back when I was still following it, anyway.

Mammo

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I did not read this at all, only the last sentence. Anyway to quote this guy, a manga about "exorcist sports" seems interesting LOL.
Mitama Security had basketball, baseball, bowling..
it didn't work out too well for it

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I thought Jujutsu Kaisen announced it was the final arc right at the start of the Culling Games.

I have no idea how it'll end though, normally you'd think this'd be the final fight with it being the MC vs the main villain, but after Kenjaku being defeated by some random nobody in a sequence of chapters that wasn't even a fight, I have no clue how Gege will choose to end things. For all we know he'll take a weird route again and have the final battle be a new character showing up after Sukuna's defeat because he thought of a weird power he wanted to show off before it's done.

MHA's a lot more clear though, it's definitely doing the final battle, it just needs to get on with it.

Dongus

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Ya little whippersnappers don't have any patience. Back in my day, a final battle could go on for 100 chapters and we'd be no worse for wear. Why, I followed a manga where the final battle where the hero and the antagonist played 2 hands of mahjong went for 250 chapters, and with a monthly schedule, 20 real life years. Imagine how fast Jump would axe something like that.

It's basically final villain fight, every character vs Sukuna, but kinda of most of it just being Gege jerking off to Sukuna.
Sukunawanking is going nuts, but Gege's been fair about not letting him just whip out a new move or form that absolutely turns the tides in his favor. Everything he's done so far has been an extension of whatever he could do, or something he observed someone doing. At the very least, Gege's been trying to push his magic system to its absolute limits using Sukuna as a foreman. What makes it frustrating for readers is probably how hopeless it feels for the heroes who have no unleashed anything groundbreaking, and how they're slowly chipping away at him like a squirrel biting into an acorn. It's... a strange choice.

I thought Jujutsu Kaisen announced it was the final arc right at the start of the Culling Games.

I have no idea how it'll end though, normally you'd think this'd be the final fight with it being the MC vs the main villain, but after Kenjaku being defeated by some random nobody in a sequence of chapters that wasn't even a fight, I have no clue how Gege will choose to end things. For all we know he'll take a weird route again and have the final battle be a new character showing up after Sukuna's defeat because he thought of a weird power he wanted to show off before it's done.

MHA's a lot more clear though, it's definitely doing the final battle, it just needs to get on with it.
That's what I'm saying! The direction taken for the Shinjuku arc just seems to lack finality. Oh yes, we know that Sukuna's gonna unleash the... Instrumentality plan if he wins just for shits and giggles, but goddamn does it feel like everyone's just fighting just because. At no point do you read this arc and feel like, "Oh boy, we're in the endgame now!" It just feels like watching a football manga but they kick each other instead of balls.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ya little whippersnappers don't have any patience. Back in my day, a final battle could go on for 100 chapters and we'd be no worse for wear. Why, I followed a manga where the final battle where the hero and the antagonist played 2 hands of mahjong went for 250 chapters, and with a monthly schedule, 20 real life years. Imagine how fast Jump would axe something like that.

Sukunawanking is going nuts, but Gege's been fair about not letting him just whip out a new move or form that absolutely turns the tides in his favor. Everything he's done so far has been an extension of whatever he could do, or something he observed someone doing. At the very least, Gege's been trying to push his magic system to its absolute limits using Sukuna as a foreman. What makes it frustrating for readers is probably how hopeless it feels for the heroes who have no unleashed anything groundbreaking, and how they're slowly chipping away at him like a squirrel biting into an acorn. It's... a strange choice.

That's what I'm saying! The direction taken for the Shinjuku arc just seems to lack finality. Oh yes, we know that Sukuna's gonna unleash the... Instrumentality plan if he wins just for shits and giggles, but goddamn does it feel like everyone's just fighting just because. At no point do you read this arc and feel like, "Oh boy, we're in the endgame now!" It just feels like watching a football manga but they kick each other instead of balls.
I thought you were bullshitting about 20 years mahjong game. But you didn't. Holy shit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyway all i am saying is it is stupid to think a manga cannot end just because there is no "final arc" announcement. It is flimsy excuse and it is not guaranteed all manga will get that announcement.

The Shinjuku arc seems to lack finality just because they still need to resolve the issue of saving Megumi. Plus Megumi's character arc. But given Gege's track record of dropping or rushing plot points i have low expectation of him fully resolving it

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think ultra high profile series would get some advance notifications that it's approaching a climax or in the final battle etc.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think ultra high profile series would get some advance notifications that it's approaching a climax or in the final battle etc.
That's what i have been saying. Final battle =/= final arc. I just find it annoying people so vehemently insist JJK is not already in final arc without "final arc" announcement. But it is so obvious we are already in final arc.

I was told it was also the case with Kimetsu no Yaiba where the final arc announcement was halfway the final arc, and not prior to final arc. Was it the case?

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Welcome to battle shonens, where the final fight takes A LOT of time to end lmao, this is normal but probably this is the first time you're experience it so this might be new to you haha

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
TOC prédiction

Policeman Top 1
Sakamoto days bottom 3

Jump 25

POLICEMAN anime announcement (Cover)
POLICEMAN bonus chapter (color page)

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
TOC prédiction

Policeman Top 1
Sakamoto days bottom 3

Jump 25

POLICEMAN anime announcement (Cover)
POLICEMAN bonus chapter (color page)
If we were in a perfect world, It would happen
Sadly we are not

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Finally we're getting back to the regular schedule, we survived well.

For predictions, ehh, Nue dead last because editors will surely do that, and GGG axed because Terasaka just gave up after seeing Shadow Eliminators above in the weekly Shoseki.

Shadow Eliminators will restart in the next issue like Rising Impact did due to the pressure and letters from Sharkbait.