Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 491 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

JBC008

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Today was easily the best YozaFam Episode.

Silverlink creating one of the best shonenjump seasonal animes. Was worth the wait. Hopefully they get Nue's Exorcist and/or Kill Blue.
Nue’s Exorcist a possibility. Kill Blue, I don’t think so. Nothing against them for that, it’s just I don’t feel the vibe that will work with them.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nue’s Exorcist a possibility. Kill Blue, I don’t think so. Nothing against them for that, it’s just I don’t feel the vibe that will work with them.
How, they've done Worlds Finest Assassin (even more so since an old man hitman reborn into a grade schooler medieval hitman) and Yozakura Family, and Armed Girls Machiavellianism, they have a track record of hitman shows, not to mention Masamune kun, Tanaka-kun, Kokoro Connect, and Baka & Test for high school hijinks.

Silverlink is highly qualified for Kill Blue.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
How, they've done Worlds Finest Assassin (even more so since an old man hitman reborn into a grade schooler medieval hitman) and Yozakura Family, and Armed Girls Machiavellianism, they have a track record of hitman shows, not to mention Masamune kun, Tanaka-kun, Kokoro Connect, and Baka & Test for high school hijinks.

Silverlink is highly qualified for Kill Blue.
Well okay, I’ll hold you to it.

iker_03

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (May 19)
53. Kagurabachi #2
116. Akane-banashi #11
189. Undead Unluck #21
265. Nue's Exorcist #4
422. Cipher Academy #7

Backlog:
92. Kagurabachi #1

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gondaira giving the people what they want twice at once :grin

Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (May 19)
53. Kagurabachi #2
116. Akane-banashi #11
189. Undead Unluck #21
265. Nue's Exorcist #4
422. Cipher Academy #7

Backlog:
92. Kagurabachi #1
May 18

386. Mission: Yozakura Family #1
431. Mission: Yozakura Family #2
458. Mission: Yozakura Family #23
459. Mission: Yozakura Family #4
465. Mission: Yozakura Family #3

May 19

365. Mission: Yozakura Family #23
381. Mission: Yozakura Family #4
406. Mission: Yozakura Family #1
413. Mission: Yozakura Family #2
417. Mission: Yozakura Family #3
473. Mission: Yozakura Family #5

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I’m curious. Do you think the next 4-6 volumes will be the end of MYF. Just saying that out loud there is a pattern with Gondaira with volume covers.

-volumes 1-10 are narrative driven which showcases our characters doing stuff (with the exception of a solo cover for White Snake)
-volumes 11-20 are solo character covers that focus on the family (with the exception of volume 20 which is a family photo)
-volumes 21-present pairs in the covers starting with the twins, Taiyo & Mutsumi, Kyoichiro and Futaba, and now Shionnand Kengo.

so it is safe to assume if things go the way they are volume 25 is Shinzo and Nanao, 26 will be Ai and Goliath, 27 will be the first pair of Asa’s kids, 28 will be the second pair of Asa’s kids, 29 will be Asa’s family photo, and 30 will be The final Yozakura family photo.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
lol i was wondering about the possibility of ending with vol 27 or 28 because of the cover theme and you went to 30 volumes kkk but i don't really know, tbh i feel like the "final battle" thing was a misinterpretation, it was never implied to be the series "final battle" or series "climax", it was just about the start of the "final stage" of the 2nd Yozakura operation which was the title of ch225, nothing about "final battle" have been mentioned after that in the official social media or editor notes, but since there's a "final" word, people and including jp readers just assumed it's the final moments of the manga.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
You can tell Dear Anemone's given up hope now, just skipping ahead to MC finding his friend. I don't get that same sense from Greens but I think it'll maybe do an open "the adventure continues" sort of ending rather than doing a timeskip to a big tournament or whatever. But who knows, maybe there'll only be 2 new series next round with MHA ending and Dear Anemone getting axed, and it will miraculously scrape until ch 35-40 Dororon-style.

I'm excited to see the Nue cover and lead colour next week.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Talking about Dear Anemone, i actually found some of his more human-like rabbit designs pretty good, better than the actual humans

He could maybe try to make Jump's Beastars next time, i would read :p

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
lol i was wondering about the possibility of ending with vol 27 or 28 because of the cover theme and you went to 30 volumes kkk but i don't really know, tbh i feel like the "final battle" thing was a misinterpretation, it was never implied to be the series "final battle" or series "climax", it was just about the start of the "final stage" of the 2nd Yozakura operation which was the title of ch225, nothing about "final battle" have been mentioned after that in the official social media or editor notes, but since there's a "final" word, people and including jp readers just assumed it's the final moments of the manga.
It’s just a thought. I mean if it does go to 28 that is fine too. I’m just looking at how long this final section is. I mean compared to Gondaira’s previous track record of long arcs, the longest was the first Yozakura Front Lines arc. And that lasted for 25 chapters. I just want enough given for this to feel satisfying. Although I shouldn’t take that too seriously as some of the fights aren’t as long. So you could be right about this lasting as long as 28 volumes as they have enough chapters to fill 25, and they are half way through 26. Though now saying that it could end at 30 depending on Asa. I’m sorry, when I get like this I tend to babble and really debate myself, and funnily enough I lose to myself sometimes (which is really weird, I know). I just want 30 for the sake of those fights and then a good enough focus on Asa.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You can tell Dear Anemone's given up hope now, just skipping ahead to MC finding his friend. I don't get that same sense from Greens but I think it'll maybe do an open "the adventure continues" sort of ending rather than doing a timeskip to a big tournament or whatever. But who knows, maybe there'll only be 2 new series next round with MHA ending and Dear Anemone getting axed, and it will miraculously scrape until ch 35-40 Dororon-style.

I'm excited to see the Nue cover and lead colour next week.
What if it’s 3-4 as we will have an extended amount of time like we did back in 2023 when we had the Ichinose, Cipher, Ichigoki, and F100 batch, and then got Temkanu, Kill Blue, Do Rertry, and Nue?

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
I'm pretty sure it'll be 3 new series with Green getting cancelled too, it's just a fun thought for it to Dororon by a little longer.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Boukyaku Battery is going to have all 17 volumes reprinted because the anime, meanwhile Jump is just being completely unable to get a popular sport series, not even when is a pretty good one, Haikyuu really left a curse in this magazine :sweatdrop

It’s just a thought. I mean if it does go to 28 that is fine too. I’m just looking at how long this final section is. I mean compared to Gondaira’s previous track record of long arcs, the longest was the first Yozakura Front Lines arc. And that lasted for 25 chapters. I just want enough given for this to feel satisfying. Although I shouldn’t take that too seriously as some of the fights aren’t as long. So you could be right about this lasting as long as 28 volumes as they have enough chapters to fill 25, and they are half way through 26. Though now saying that it could end at 30 depending on Asa. I’m sorry, when I get like this I tend to babble and really debate myself, and funnily enough I lose to myself sometimes (which is really weird, I know). I just want 30 for the sake of those fights and then a good enough focus on Asa.
What i mean is that i went for 28 volumes because of the covers theme and you went with 30 because you're thinking about Asa's family getting covers in 2 members too which i don't think it will happen, in the end i still have my doubts about Asa even being "the final villain" of the series because i think Gondaira could just easily keep going like UU is doing specially with the anime proving to be a decent success, but i feel like at the veeery least the manga will keep going until the anime ends on October, Mashle manga ended in the same week S1 ended.

Last edited:

defensor_de_boruto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Talking about Dear Anemone, i actually found some of his more human-like rabbit designs pretty good, better than the actual humans

He could maybe try to make Jump's Beastars next time, i would read :p
The author could really pull some beastars type of story next, I give him 2 years and he's back at jump

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
My schedule predict:

Issue #27 - Sakamoto Days (anime announcement)
Issue #28 - One Piece
Issue #29 - Blue Box/Akane Banashi
Issue #30 - Akane Banashi/Blue Box
Issue #31 - The Elusive Samurai (anime)
Issue #32 - My Hero Academia (anniversary, manga ends here)
Issue #33 - Me and Roboco (anniversary)
Issue #34 - One Piece (anniversary)
Issue #35 - Sakamoto Days/Astro Royale
Issue #36-37 - Group cover
Issue #38 - New series 1
Issue #39 - New series 2
Issue #40 - New series 3
Issue #41 - Mission of Yozakura Family (anniversary, but with how their annis get delayed like 8 issues I have my doubts)
Issue #42 - Kagurabachi (anniversary)
Issue #43 - One Piece
Issue #44 - Blue Box (anime)/Sakamoto Days (anime)
Issue #45 - Sakamoto Days (anime)/Blue Box (anime)

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My schedule predict:

Issue #27 - Sakamoto Days (anime announcement)
Issue #28 - One Piece
Issue #29 - Blue Box/Akane Banashi
Issue #30 - Akane Banashi/Blue Box
Issue #31 - The Elusive Samurai (anime)
Issue #32 - My Hero Academia (anniversary, manga ends here)
Issue #33 - Me and Roboco (anniversary)
Issue #34 - One Piece (anniversary)
Issue #35 - Sakamoto Days/Astro Royale
Issue #36-37 - Group cover
Issue #38 - New series 1
Issue #39 - New series 2
Issue #40 - New series 3
Issue #41 - Mission of Yozakura Family (anniversary, but with how their annis get delayed like 8 issues I have my doubts)
Issue #42 - Kagurabachi (anniversary)
Issue #43 - One Piece
Issue #44 - Blue Box (anime)/Sakamoto Days (anime)
Issue #45 - Sakamoto Days (anime)/Blue Box (anime)
There's no way Dear Anemone will go for almost another 10 chapters (it would end after MHA and GGG) or Jump will take this long to start a new round lol

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since no one has leaked anything about Sakamoto Days beyond that printed trade publication article from early may for Netflix licensing, would only think the anime announcement would be imminent when leakers would start mentioning website registration, imo
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Would Hunter x Hunter get a cover during it's return this year? He's been doing so many pages.