Games - The Final Fantasy Thread! | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Final Fantasy Thread!

ANBU4U

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
FF8 has its up and downs, one of the things that i didnt like was the draw magic systems. Its very tiresome:notrust u to have to draw magic until u reach 100, i mean everytime u fight a new monster have to draw magic for each damn:shakefist character.

If u start drawing magic since the very begining of the game and i mean the 1st time u get in combat keeping ur enemies alive until u reach the max (100) of the spell that the enemy have, u can get PWUP too fast and the game will get too damn easy:sleepy. I prefer the old fashion way, learning spell and keeping with the game with some dificulty:p.

What I did like was the mini card game, man i was addicted to that mini game:nuts. the GF system was kind of cool, i could do pushups with my thumb after that:p;).
Truth

I thought Triple Triad was the best mini-game ever, almost certainly the best card mini-game. I often played 8 just for that....

and thought about creating a real worl version more than once. It was a good game.

Agrias

Holy Knight
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Square-Enix president talks remake boom
FF6 and FFT pulease? ;___;

(oh, i tend to forget that there's FFT on the PSP. Meh. ._.)

Final Fantasy Tactics is the best for me,
For me too! (along with FF6, of course =p)

The problem is a grafic very much a mix of 2d with 3d, but for me the grafics are the less important.
I liked the graphics a lot. xD I love cartoonish 2d :p
(and i loved how they managed to keep the style on the new cutscenes for the PSP version too, it was done just right! xD)

I really want someday they make another FF in the FFT style, but please don't compare it to FFT Advance because this game is very sux, uggly and not fun =P
Ah....i know, FFTA is not one of the best games, but it was a quite fun one. The plot was silly and childish, the law system is annoying....but the battles are still addictive, and the new jobs are nice ^^

I still have to play FFTA2 though, still didnt have time to try it...but i heard that it was better than the 1st one, so that's good. ^^;

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
any updates on FF13?

any scans from this magazine?

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States
^^ I haven't seen any from that mag. but, here are some from Chinese Famitsu that are relatively new. Apparently there are some new images in them too...

Both the regular version and versus look so awesome... I just wish they weren't so far away from being released. Hopefully when the Japanese version is released they put in and option for a English menu. That way we(PS3 owners) could at least import it and play it with a tad bit more ease... although, that's probably highly unlikely and just wishful thinking on my part..

Sharinguy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I liked the graphics a lot. xD I love cartoonish 2d
(and i loved how they managed to keep the style on the new cutscenes for the PSP version too, it was done just right! xD)
i love the grafics too, i am saying for comercial issues FFT don't have great grafics hehehe and it can be a problem, but i love it =)

and even with not good grafics FFT sold 1,5milion copies only in USA. =]

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
if i had not just gotten my PSP a relatively short while ago, i'd so be trying to get that bundle. the special edition PSP is beautiful

also, newly released Dissidia trailer with the full cast HERE

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States
Final Fantasy XIII - DK∑3713 Trailer
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - DK∑3713 Trailer

both games are visually turning out to be amazing.... at least cut scene wise. Although, I'm still annoyed that we haven't been shown any gameplay yet, we can't be too far away from seeing some since XIII has been confirmed(minus any delays) as a 2009(probably fall) release in Japan.

The two games also seem to be quite different from each other eventhough they're supposed to be taking place in the same universe. Most notably on the emotional value/themes that will be portrayed during the course of the game. XIII appears to be this extremely massive and worldly experience where Versus looks to be quite the opposite. A very lonely, isolated, and has somewhat of a desperate feeling to it... not to mention it has brooding Sasuke-ish looking/acting main character which goes perfectly with the nature of the trailer...

patedecarne

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Both of the games seems to be really amazing, and I agree we need to see some gameplay, just to get the feeling of the action. The new emotional theme would suit well fot these games, as the last one was about war.

I believe Final Fantasies games are better portrayed with drama, like these ones, but of course the graphics help a lot on this aspec. Final Fantasy 7, for example, would be even better with facial expressions, even passing to us, gamers, the feelings. but with these brand new games I believe the graphics will be pushed to limits, just to pass all the feelings from the characters...

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh man, I can't wait till Agito comes out, that looks sooo damn good, and also so worth buying a PSP for.

Versus is looking good as well, though I wouldn't be surprised if XIII and Versus are contrasting games, which bear some similarities, but have many differences which make them unique, and also opposites as well.

Overall, can't wait for more info about all three games, though I'm also waiting for Dissidia to come out as well.

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States
here's a couple of in game battle screen image(s) of the lead character in FFXIII fighting a giant robot/scorpion/buzz saw type enemy courtesy of FF-XIII.net.

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
Reaction score
Country
United States
omfg........*drool*

I really hope it doesn't take super-longforever to come out over here :( But I damn well bet it will >__< That CGI is jut absolutely beautiful *,O* (drooling some more~~)

They need to make Final Fantasy movies (Read: Ones that don't suck like Spirits Within did...)

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
Reaction score
Country
United States
BWAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Dissidia has arrived!!! For any others like me who were too excited to wait for an English version, des has found this English manual

Do Kesubei

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
omfg........*drool*

I really hope it doesn't take super-longforever to come out over here :( But I damn well bet it will >__< That CGI is jut absolutely beautiful *,O* (drooling some more~~)

They need to make Final Fantasy movies (Read: Ones that don't suck like Spirits Within did...)
Square-Enix announced that Dissidia will be released in the US in Summer 2009. I may get the JPN version at some point before then, though, for the voice track.

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Is there going to be a EUR release of Dissidia?

Do Kesubei

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing's been announced. If something isn't announced by the Summer you could just import the US version. Should be cheap for you, considering the state of the US$.

ZZ9 Plural 9 Alpha

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
For the hell of it.

1) What's your favorite Final Fantasy game?
Nine
2) Favorite character?
Magus...I mean...Beatrix
3) Favorite villain?
Garland
4) Favorite summon?
-=None=-
5) Which game have you replayed the most?
Nine
6) What was the toughest challenge you ever had in a FF game?
The Boss after Yuffie takes all your materia. Screw you Yuffie.
7) What was your favorite clip in the games?
HAHAHA Tidus is DEAD?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!
8) If you would like to see a sequel to any of the games, which would it be?
Let the damn games be. They are fine.
9) What side-game do you like the most?
Chocobo Raising was nice.
10) If you could date a FF character, who would it be? Haha...
Screw you........(Dagger)
--------------------
For effect, why was FFVIII so horrible? God it sucked.

Red Hood

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
1) What's your favorite Final Fantasy game?
FF7.

2) Favorite character?
Shadow or Cloud

3) Favorite villain?
Sephiroth, even tho Kefka makes me laught:D.

4) Favorite summon?
Bahamut

5) Which game have you replayed the most?
I think FF7

6) What was the toughest challenge you ever had in a FF game?
Well Omega Weapon (FF8) was a little pain in the ass but after you sacrifice some cards you become invincible. So I think for me Emerald Weapon and Ultimate Weapon (FF7) are the toughest.

7) What was your favorite clip in the games?
I have a few but ill say, when Anima (FF10 Summon) trash everyone with his atack.:pwned

8) If you would like to see a sequel to any of the games, which would it be?
I would say FF6.

9) What side-game do you like the most?
FF8 Triple Triad Card Game:whoo

10) If you could date a FF character, who would it be?
Pff... idk.. maybe Rinoa or Tifa.