Games - The Final Fantasy Thread! | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Final Fantasy Thread!

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
We have some good and bad news regarding FFXIII..

Good news: a new character has been revealed to us. His name is Sazh Katroy and apparently he likes chocobos and guns as seen in these pics [here, and here]. Not to mention he has one of the cheesiest but awesome smiles ever...

Bad news: According to an interview with Square Enix's Yoichi Wada in the UK's Guardian, FFXIII wont be available outside of Japan until at least April of 2010...

Source

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
.....That smile.... Oh my gosh, I can't bear that smile.... IT'S WAY TOO CHEESY! :crying

Sucks that we'll be getting FFXIII later though... >.<

Red Hood

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
We have some good and bad news regarding FFXIII..

Good news: a new character has been revealed to us. His name is Sazh Katroy and apparently he likes chocobos and guns as seen in these pics [here, and here]. Not to mention he has one of the cheesiest but awesome smiles ever...

Bad news: According to an interview with Square Enix's Yoichi Wada in the UK's Guardian, FFXIII wont be available outside of Japan until at least April of 2010...

Source
Thx for the update vintagemistakes. Even though they are sad news:( , man we have to wait that long.
.....That smile.... Oh my gosh, I can't bear that smile.... IT'S WAY TOO CHEESY!
Its looks funny:tem, but yeah cheesy.:p

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
2010??? :faint

at least I have time to save up for a ps3 and a big HD tv :wtf

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
wait... I hear very familiar voices.. Who are the seiyuu for this one?

ILUVATAR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
o_o I'll need to buy a new TV for such a game...
damn I am thinking of buying a new TV to use it ONLY for this game and nothing else xD

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States
@baboysai

I tried to find out the seiyuus for the trailer/game.... but they don't seem to be available anywhere. I've come across various names( Akeno Watanbe, Fukui Yukari, Sakamoto Maaya) throughout my search... however, I don't know how accurate they are since they seem to come from various people on different forums guessing at them...

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
thanks anyway, vintage. ^^ Keep me posted though, if you find anything promising. :)

kimitachi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Final Fantasy VIII MV Canon Rock

hi , i did a video clip of Final fantasy 8 with the song canon rock
so for those who like the game

i recommand you to watch this in hight quality

by the way i didn't know where to post this so if it's the wrong board ,sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMAhwNZgnw

warbandit66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: FINAL FANTASY XIII on Xbox 360!!!

I'm happy that it's coming to the 360, mainly because it makes the fanboys fight, Luckily I have both consoles so my only problem is deciding which one i want my final fantasy games on, although I'm leaning towards Xbox for 13 because I'm thinking that there will be some downloadable content that will remain exclusive to the 360.

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

^^If there is DLC, I don't see it being exclusive to one console... especially not the 360. FF XIII is a PS3 exclusive in Japan and if SquareEnix ever released exclusive DLC on a version they couldn't get - there would be monumental outrage.

Triple_Platinum

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Japan

I got my PS3 when it was first released, so I'm not riding the whole "I WAS GONNA BUY THE PS3 FOR FF13" bandwagon like the rest of the folks around the world.

You do not buy a console for a single game. You buy it to enjoy your free time by playing different games. Extra features are... well, just exactly what they are. Extras.

Anyways, SE can do whatever they like, as long as they make good games. The moment their games stop being good, I wouldn't be willing to even spend money on their games. Even if they ARE highly acclaimed titles. Like Star Ocean. Oh my did they screw that game up hard after the Second Story. LOL 4th dimension.

Last edited:

patedecarne

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Well, actually I don't care for the DLC, IMO, the DLC options is the worst decision they vahe made so far, they just cut off the game just to sell pieces of it later, it's the cancer of the new generation, afff...

I'll stick with the main game though , it's not like I'll buy the pieces of the same game just to give extra money for the softhouses...

Triple_Platinum

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Japan

^
There's cases where the actual DLCs are worth spending money on though.

Like say on Valkyria Chronicle. In the main game, you NEVER get to control a valkyrie, which pissed off numerous gamers. When the DLC was announced and released, we got our fix of Selvaria (a valkyrie) and a side story arc featuring Edy ACTUALLY SPEAKING TO SOMEONE IN THE MAIN CAST (Recruit characters have never been able to interact with the main cast for some reason in the main game, up until now).

The other game extra DLCs on the other hand (where it's just extra maps, extra costumes, music, and extra weapons) are what's really pointless.

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

^^ I would fully agree. In certain instances, DLC maybe worth it e.g. GTAIV while in others its definitely not worth it, e.g. SFIV's extra costumes.

FF seems to be in the middle of those circumstances IMO. The only thing that they could really give us is extra boss fights. SE seems to release a game in Japan and then release it in the U.S.(with extras) only then to rerelase it in Japan with the American extras + Japanese extras and than re-release it in the U.S with everything..

So, Is it worth it? I don't know, but its better than having to spend $50-$60 on a final mix version or something like they did in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Last edited:

bean

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

...I am watching ep 51
the cannon reunion episode not filler...Or so I hope
besides I won't be comparing, I ll be just seeing ......er the fight..yeah...

Goddamn it..they take away the suspense with that crappy music....

edit: Pikachu powa FTW!!!
music has been all around shit in shitpoohden

pretimeskip, music was like FF7 music awesome...shitpoohden music has been ff10 shit

Last edited:
Reactions: nat

Strider's♥Death

Reaction score
Country
United States

music has been all around shit in shitpoohden

pretimeskip, music was like FF7 music awesome...shitpoohden music has been ff10 shit
This is so off topic but are u serious lol, dude jecht song was epic for the fight. The atmosphere the whole shit, u cant really compare a symphony song to a headbanging song. If u bothered to play FF10 u would know the epicness of To Zanarkand. If u want that analogy to work u should have done FF7 and FF-butt-fucking-jesus-christ-vaan-put-a-mutha-fudging-shirt-under-that-fucking-vest-12.

bean

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

This is so off topic but are u serious lol, dude jecht song was epic for the fight. The atmosphere the whole shit, u cant really compare a symphony song to a headbanging song. If u bothered to play FF10 u would know the epicness of To Zanarkand. If u want that analogy to work u should have done FF7 and FF-butt-fucking-jesus-christ-vaan-put-a-mutha-fudging-shirt-under-that-fucking-vest-12.
I had to play that final boss battle with mute on. I grew up with 8bit music that fits a game, not that rock shit for ff10. I mean, I'm not saying I don't like that kind of music, just not in my FFs. Epic it was not, one winged angel, now that was epic for a battle. That shit gave me goosebumps

Strider's♥Death

Reaction score
Country
United States

I had to play that final boss battle with mute on. I grew up with 8bit music that fits a game, not that rock shit for ff10. I mean, I'm not saying I don't like that kind of music, just not in my FFs. Epic it was not, one winged angel, now that was epic for a battle. That shit gave me goosebumps
The metal shit was a good choice for the fight against jecht, that is all him jecht ,epic, kind of a typical cool beaner dad sort of thing, if he was straight from mexico and spoke fluent english. But just cus u grew with the 8 bit(like many of us) doesnt mean u can compare a symphony to a song like that and even aside that, FF10 may have had Tidus and waka and Yuna ugh~ but to zanarkand made up for it an Auron was just a complete badass. FF7 and FF12 would have been much better analogy(music was bland), heck even better FF7 to the worst idea ever FF10-2.