Games - The Final Fantasy Thread! | Page 18 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Final Fantasy Thread!

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.5

The metal shit was a good choice for the fight against jecht, that is all him jecht ,epic, kind of a typical cool beaner dad sort of thing, if he was straight from mexico and spoke fluent english. But just cus u grew with the 8 bit(like many of us) doesnt mean u can compare a symphony to a song like that and even aside that, FF10 may have had Tidus and waka and Yuna ugh~ but to zanarkand made up for it an Auron was just a complete badass. FF7 and FF12 would have been much better analogy(music was bland), heck even better FF7 to the worst idea ever FF10-2.
I never even finished ff12...in my mind, that game never happened.

jdw

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I never even finished ff12...in my mind, that game never happened.
I thought FF12 was kinda awesome. I skipped some days of school because I got so caught up. The story was cool and so were the characters (though some could have been better). It isn't FF7, but what game is?

bean

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

I thought FF12 was kinda awesome. I skipped some days of school because I got so caught up. The story was cool and so were the characters (though some could have been better). It isn't FF7, but what game is?
i dont like a game where i can put the controller down, go to sleep, and then when i wake up, my main team is 20 levels up.

Last edited:

jdw

Reaction score
Country
United States

i dont like a game where i can put the controller down, go to sleep, and then when i wake up, my main team is 20 levels up.
I wasn't really impressed with that automated system either. Good point there. Each person used it differently though. I don't mind the mechanics of the game all that much, I was really driven to find out what happened next with the story. FFX13 looks good from the preview materials.

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
By sheer, one might say dumb luck, I just caught a live stream of someone(esegk) playing the FFXIII demo on justin.tv

I saw the last 10 or so minutes of it.

Overall: Looked good. Voice acting sounded good from what I could tell.

The gameplay reminded me of the beginning of FFX, when you were in Zanarkand; how you could see the enemies(sin spawns I believe they were called), but it wasn't until you basically touched them that you were taken into the battle system by a neat little screen effect.

Other than that, I really can't think of anything else to say about it... The Demo is officially released in 2(?) days, so I'm sure there will be a ton of videos uploaded very soon.

Edit: Oh, and at the end it had a nice little "Thank you for playing screen" with Winter of 2009 written on it

Last edited:

segua

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Winter 2009 for the US? Didn't SE said that FFXIII was coming out next year since SE is making a port of FFXIII for the XB360 also? I suppose trying to get FFXIII ready for the 2009 X-mas season makes sense.

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States
oops. sorry for the misleading statement. Its winter 2009 for the Japanese version.

The reason I noted it was because before they said Fall of 2009.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Great news, either way, to hear and see more information. It means the game's well on its way, at least. And to be honest, I'm somewhat glad it's taken this long. I definitely want to upgrade my "entertainment center" before it comes out. Time to go HDTV hunting!

Thanks vintagemistakes for all the information.

I've put all the info so far about FF XIII in the first post.

Last edited:

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread! [Also FF XIII Info Inside]

Would the gameplay of Final Fantasy XIII be similar to Final Fantasy XII? To be honest, FFXII has had the best gameplay system then any other FF. Much easier to handle..so will it?

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

Full Demo gameplay video.

Part 1 of 9

1) What's your favorite Final Fantasy game?
2) Favorite character?
3) Favorite villain?
4) Favorite summon?
5) Which game have you replayed the most?
6) What was the toughest challenge you ever had in a FF game?
7) What was your favorite clip in the games?
8) If you would like to see a sequel to any of the games, which would it be?
9) What side-game do you like the most?
10) If you could date a FF character, who would it be? Haha...

Have fun!
Bored and at work so I'll answer these questions...

1)FF7... It was the first FF game I played and it really revolutionized the genre/ my expectaions of games. Sidenote: Lunar the Silver Star and Lunar Eteranl Blue are still the best RPG's ever made(both Sega CD version).
2) since favorite villain is the next question I wont use that as a answer... but, I think I'll go with Celes. Reason: got non, but I know a lot of people hate dislike her so I'll go with her.... In actuality, I really don't have a favorite character... I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to that.
3)Sephiroth... he was just a badass.
4)tough to say... I've always thought of them as overrated spells... so, I never really used any during the game.
5) By hours: FFXII. By times through FFVII.
6)It wasn't really hard but time consuming... and that was getting the "ultimate" items in FFXII. You could spend hrs going back and forth trying to get one chest to grant you a weapon or spend hrs chaining monsters so you could get an item in order to sell it so you could than buy it....
7)Aerith's death... I don't mean to get all sappy, but I've never witnessed something like that in my gaming life before. It brought tears to my eyes... I didn't cry though, only watery eyes.... it was truly a amazing and breathtaking moment.
8)FFVII
9) Don't have a #1 game, but I like the variety in FFVII. I've always felt that FFXII lacked minigames and they blew the perfect opportunity to give the player a cheesy flying game.
10) ... never thought about it. either Celes, Ashe or or Aerith... Aerith kinda reminded me of Lacus from Gundam Seed. I don't know why, but I kinda had a thing for her.

Last edited:

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England

2) Favorite character?
3) Favorite villain?
4) Favorite summon?

Have fun!
1) Final Fantasy XII, the best RPG game ever and overall the game is brilliant.

2) Hmm, favourite character has to be Basch. Cool, strong, good storyline from his character and his quickenings are awesome.

3) Yaizamat ( The Last hunt in FFXII). Took me 2 and a half hours to kill this guy..you guys should face him one day. One tough nut to crack he is.

4) Zodiark

5) Final Fantasy XII, replyed it again to get the Zodiac Spear.

6) Toughest challenge is Yaizamat. First it was Omega Mark XII, but when facing Yaizamat after, he is nothing.

7) The ending. When Vayne is defeated.

8) A sequel to FFXII

9) Not sure.

10) I'd date Ashe, if it were possible. LOL

patedecarne

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

What Graphics, huh? From what we have seen so far, possibly the best visuals, even better than KZ2.
And this time seems we'll have the world map to fully explore (Good old days of FF 7, with the wide variety of places to explore).

The problem is the waiting, for us, a XBOX 360 owner, until middle's 2010 to play the game...

But I'm considering a play 3 because of Versus: Final Fantasy + real time attack = flawless victory, just look at Star Ocean 4 and Tales of Vesperia, the RTA is excellent in both of games, and with versus I believe it'll be even better.

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England

There is going to be a FFXIII game for the PSP as well, it isn't going to be a sequel or a prequel, just based in the same fantasy. Versus is exclusive for the PS3, YES! The playable character in Versus looks cool, I think he is the male version of the playable character in FFXIII Lightening.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

what, ff13 on psp? how would they manage to fit that? what do you mean, like, the exact same game to be available on psp?

vintagemistakes

Vintage Reboot
Reaction score
Country
United States

There are three FF XIII games coming out: FF XIII(PS3 & X360), FF Versus XIII(PS3), and FF Agito XIII(PSP). All three are supposed to be set in the same Universe but different time periods I think. The trilogy of games is dubbed FF XIII Fabula Nova Crystallis(Latin for The New Story of the Crystals)

Agito trailer

Versus ACC trailer

segua

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
United States

SE just released a blue-ray version of FF7: Advent Children with a FFXIII demo in Japan. Just a heads up to those that want to get a taste of what FFXIII is like.

Oh man, that is some funny stuff. I'm sure that it's not the case. I'm sure that SE might make optimizations to the 360 version. Don't know whether that will be good or not.

I would have to say FFVI. It was funny and dramatic. I hope that SE remake it into 3D because it deserves it. Additionally, I think that FFVI was the culmination of what was the best in the previous FF games and a platform for the later FF games. A very pivotal FF game in my regards.

2) Favorite character?

This is a toughy. I think possibly Laguna from FFVIII. Zack was very cool also.

3) Favorite villain?

I would have to say Kefka hands down flat! This guy was a psycho from the start til the end. When he came down as an angelic being with the same face, it was just beautifully funny. Also, this was also one villian that truly became a god and succeeded in decimated the whole world. Not to mention that he has an unforgettable laugh and theme song.

4) Favorite summon?

Crusader from FFVI. Knights of the Round Table (FFVII) was pretty awesome also.

Possibly FFVI.

Finding and defeating the extra side boss which sometimes prove to be much harder than the actual main boss themselves i.e. Omega Weapon (FFVIII) and Ozma (FFIX).

The most memorable scene was when Garnett was climbing up a ladder with Zidane following and Zidane grabbed hold of Garnett's ass. I loved how Zidane showed off his excited pervertedness.

Honorable mentions: When Squall saved Rinoa right after being scolded by everyone and the ending of FFX when Tidus left his friends and Yuna.

It's not really a sequel but prequel of Final Fantasy VIII of Laguna. Since FFVII had a prequel about Zack, one about Laguna would be fitting. I would also like to see a sequel to FFVI in a world without "magic."

Blitzball FTW! SE could have easily made another whole separate game just for blitzball.

Tina or that white mage woman from FF I.

Last edited:

Weapon_X

Reaction score
Country
England

what, ff13 on psp? how would they manage to fit that? what do you mean, like, the exact same game to be available on psp?
Not the exact game it's part of one story which all the FFXIII games are centred. They woud have shared themes and myths, but different storylines. Fabula Nova Crystallis Final, the name of the series surrounding the 3 games, FFXIII, FF Versus XIII and FFXIII Agito.

The game play is going to be similar to Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, but will allow control over multiple characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Agito_XIII << Has the best information regarding the game.

croissant

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

FF7
2) Favorite character?
Ashe
3) Favorite villain?
Sephiroth
4) Favorite summon?
Alexander in FF9
I think FF8
Getting that damn danjuro in FF12
Opening of FF8.. got goose bumps when i first saw it
I think FF7 has already have enough prequels and sequels already, thank you
Hmmm... there are alot... Maybe the Treasure hunting in FF9
Tifa

Kuszek

Intl Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland

Question is "what the f*** happened?" It's impossible that even the gameplay was rendered. The game should look much prettier not worse :o

ps. the second screenshot comes from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete

Last edited: