Discussion - Mihawk's Power Level | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Mihawk's Power Level

BlackHair

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Actualy Im not sure about that. Though a lot of ppl seem to share ur opinion. True the monster trio are much stronger. But putting them on high tier lvl, I don't know. I mean we are despite everything just barely past the middle of the grandline. There has to be at east 3 arcs before Raftel. I don't think the crew has already high tier fighters in their midst. Otherwise there wouldn't be much space for improvement.

The monster trio were taken by AoKiji's single attack. Now I might see them fighting back together, maybe even win by hairbreadth. But each monster on his own? I don't think they can hold their own yet.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, the whole point of the timeskip was that they would be able to defend themselves from strong people. more so, if they are not capable of at least holding their ground against an admiral there is no way they can in any imaginable way get the best of the guys that make up big mom's crew (at least I can't imagine a yonko without people capable of going 1 on 1 against an admiral).

suraj5898

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I wouldn't put Mihawk on par with the Yonkou or Admirals. He wasn't capable of defeating Vista and didn't show any extreme strength against an injured and tired Luffy. We also have no idea what new swordsmen might rise. Mihawk probably hasn't fought every swordsman in the world.

I think Mihawk can fight an Admiral or Yonkou to some extent but would lose. If Mihawk were that strong then Zoro would be strong enough to defeat Blackbeard, Kaidou, Sengoku or Akainu in the end. That would put Luffy on too high of a level for any villain to stand a chance against him.
when luffy find one piece and will have final war i think it he will have war against world government that means admiral will not be strongest fighter from their side they will be these 5 old man . i m 100% sure they r more powerful then admiral

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I completely missed this topic somehow. Mihawk is strong, there is no doubt about that, but I highly doubt that he is stronger than an admiral or Shanks. I'm am certain that he is on the same level as them, however. I personally would be rather vexed if he were stronger than all three of the marine's greatest fighting force. We've seen what the admirals can do when they go all out (Punk Hazard).

I'm pretty sure he and Shanks were equal in strength before Shanks lost his arm. Remember, it was said that Mihawk had stopped pursuing Shanks. Meaning Shanks was someone Mihawk felt he had to either prove his superiority to or he was the only one who he could take on while not holding back. Either way he apparently went out of his way to find Shanks whenever he wanted to fight. As for now, I'm certain they are still on the same level, as a databook stated Shanks was not weakened in anyway and when Mihawk found Shanks to tell him about Luffy, Shanks seemed pretty comfortable with the idea of fighting him, although Mihawk lost interest.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Well, Mihawk is obviously damn strong. As for how strong he is. I would put him around an Admiral level. The difference is that if he can defeat an Admiral or just manage to tie with them? I believe he won't actually win against any of the Admirals. These guys are just beasts in any term and with their DFs they are just beyond a reason. Also they seem to be quite proficient in terms of Haki. If we remember the fight between Akainu and those who tried to prevent him chaising Luffy and Jimbei barely managed to hurt him and they were Marco, Vista dn some other strong guys and Marco and Vista do know Haki, so it's not only about Haki and being strong to take down a Logia Admiral.

And about Shanks and Mihawk... Well, there is a difference between being still that strong and being as strong as before as a swordsman. Mihawk was interested in a sword fight, not a fight of Haki or something else and obviously that Shanks got worse with sword as he lost his main hand. And nothing implies that he is as good as he was with his sword than before as the only thing he did was a block, but you can do it without being a swordsman. For now Shanks relies mostly on Haki and it's obviously great, but Mihawk clashed with him before as a swordsman, so he isn't interested in fighting him anymore.;)

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
As weird as it is, I still think Shanks is one of the strongest swordsmen. I just believe that Mihawk, like Zoro, has an honor code and he feels that there is no honor in fighting a one armed opponent, even if he hasn't lost any skill.

GomuGomu_Getsuga

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the new big question is if Mihawk will be the final swordsman that Zoro will face. Mihawk is known as the strongest swordsman but he hasn't defeated every swordsman in the world.

I still think the real strongest is Zoro's original master. Wouldn't that be badass?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mihawk is Zoro's final goal. There should be nothing to change that. He hasn't fought every swordsman, true, but I'm sure any swordsman would want to test their skills against the "World's Greatest Swordsman".

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Well, now after Zoro was training under Mihawk,, I don't really think they will have an actual fight for the title of the strongest swordsman. I believe that Mihawk, after witnessing Zoro's progress at some point will claim that Zoro has become the strongest one and pass this title to him.;)

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I would put Mihawk as an admiral-level strength, considering he became a shichibukai and managed to beat Zoro like it was nothing. I think he's the only one to have done that, although Zoro was nowhere near the level he was after Skypeia. Not to mention, Zoro became far more powerful under Mihawk, being able to take on a Pacifista when even the Monster 3 had to go all out to even damage it.

He could even be Yonkou level though, since he and Shanks fought a lot for fun, but I dunno who won those fights, and whether Shanks went all out.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I doubt mihawk would let go of the title of the strongest without a fight... He is a swordsman who we know for a fact challenged shanks solely to test and prove his skills, he cares about being the strongest. I'd argue there is no reason for mihawk to not be zoro's final enemy even after the admirals.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Mihawk will definitely be one of Zoro's final enemies. I'm not sure if he's stronger than the admirals, but if he's not, then I stand by with what I said, if none of the admirals use swords. It would be pretty cool to see that fight, considering Mihawk beat Zoro without a problem. A great way to see how strong Zoro's gotten. I wouldn't mind seeing Mihawk when he started out to the middle and up to the current to see how strong he was and how much stronger he's gotten, considering his power. So far, Mihawk is the only person to beat Zoro like nothing, if I recall.

Even a pacfista or Lucci couldn't keep Zoro down.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Well, now after Zoro was training under Mihawk,, I don't really think they will have an actual fight for the title of the strongest swordsman. I believe that Mihawk, after witnessing Zoro's progress at some point will claim that Zoro has become the strongest one and pass this title to him.;)
Nope, a fight is fated between these two (and certainly a long awaited one), although I'd love to see a peek at Mihawk's true strength (you know, some wtf feat like cutting a huge thing into half, not the iceberg, but imagine him cutting a freaking island haha)

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
My estimation of power levels, although to declare it as such is not entirely possible since the strength of the characters are not easily defined but it is just how i view the characters based on the feats we have seen + the build-up a character got and i´ll probably believe in this until i am proven otherwise:

Yonkou =/> Admirals = Mihawk>DD> Yonkou commanders (Marco, Jozu, maybe Ace)> Kuma, Hancock = Luffy >Jinbe, Crocodile = Vergo, Smoker, Zoro, Sanji

This could easily change when new characters are introduced or i see something that does not fit with this

Ankit

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
He is probably the strongest out of the Schichibkai, or atleast one of the strongest. I'd have to say that he's probably weaker than the Admirals because the Admirals are incredible military powers. The fact that the Admirals couldn't take down WB by themselves is irrelevent because WB was arguably the Strongest person to live in the OP world at the time. Having the title of Yonkou probably also means that you are also of an incredibly high caliber when it comes to fighting(evidenced by the Marines not willing to continue when Shanks came to stop the war, as well as the preperations for WB's arrival).

Mihawk is probably somewhere between Yonkou/Admiral level and Schibukai/Vice Admiral level (not saying that they are equal to each other, but that's how I see the "tiers" at the moment).

llaubacher

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
I'd see Mihawk's power at the level of an Admiral. Also, in my opinion, he is the strongest out of the Shichibukai, if there is someone equal to him, then it MIGHT be Doflamingo. I can't imagine anyone else of Shichibukai to go toe on toe with him. I believe he would give an Yonkou a hard time as well. It's known about his matches with Shanks before he has lost his hand, however, we don't know the outcomes of those fights. Hopefully, we will get to see them in the future in some flashbacks.

7pac

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't like this whole "shichibukai labeling"

There are vast differences in shichibukai's.

Kuma, Doflamingo and Mihawk are defently Admiral level.

Seeing that scene between Doflamingo and Aokiji was awesome. Clearly shows us that doflamingo is incredible strong.
He basically acts as a "5th" Yonkou. Kuma has one of the most op fruits + perfect pacifista and old leader of the revolutionaries. And Mihawk is the world strongest Swordsman.

Shichibukai = Admirals

Now back to Mihawk.
IMO, but im 100% sure oda will show it. Mihawk > Admirals(Some)
Mihawk > Shanks.

I just can't wait till it's shown in manga so all shanks fanboys stfu.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You are somehow 100% sure that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks, yet all the Shanks fanboys need to STFH? Hello pot! Have you met Kettle yet? We've no evidence that says Mihawk is stronger than Shanks or the Admirals(the Veterans anyway). Not that I think either Shanks or the Admirals are stronger. I think Mihawk is equal in power to both groups. In fact, in the case of Shanks, there is more evidence pointing to the fact that both are equal in strength, than the assumption that one is superior than the other.

I didn't give him the title, Oda did.
As for this, Oda has everyone else around Mihawk call him the Greatest. Mihawk hasn't said one word about himself being the Greatest. It could be that he's just being a humble SoB or it could be that he knows there are others out there that could potentially challenge him for the title should they choose.

Last edited:

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't like this whole "shichibukai labeling"

There are vast differences in shichibukai's.

Kuma, Doflamingo and Mihawk are defently Admiral level.

Seeing that scene between Doflamingo and Aokiji was awesome. Clearly shows us that doflamingo is incredible strong.
He basically acts as a "5th" Yonkou. Kuma has one of the most op fruits + perfect pacifista and old leader of the revolutionaries. And Mihawk is the world strongest Swordsman.

Shichibukai = Admirals

Now back to Mihawk.
IMO, but im 100% sure oda will show it. Mihawk > Admirals(Some)
Mihawk > Shanks.

I just can't wait till it's shown in manga so all shanks fanboys stfu.
Labeling people as fanboys, missing how strongest swordsman doesn't say anything about him being the best fighter or not, providing a nonsensical equations, eh ... STFU yourself ?

edit: Let's not use such words to describe members please.

Last edited:

DutchPhoenix

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands