Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 233 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Really liked the second chapter of Samurai 8.

I cried, that's a good manga, i love the relationship between the two.

wait you copypasta people's post from resetera? or is that you I saw?!
He's the same.

Are you Dedication Through something ?

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Prob not too well. I wouldnt put high hopes for it.

I don't think Japan is going crazy for it like the west is
while view and engagement doesn't really translate to sales, but on the Japanese sidebit has been noticeably higher even when compared to established series

views on the first image is only for this chapter, and while Jigokuraku only have an illustration this week the SxF number is actually higher than when the last time they both had a chapter. (though at that time Jigokuraku was ~10-20k higher before refreshed)

the 2nd image is total views, keep in mind that the page update quite late, which was easier to the discrepancy notice when it had 1/2 chapters

the rest are ch.1,2,4, 5 (don't want to use up my view for 3) and the comments are all ranging near 2000, which are significantly higher than most series, old or new

I would again say that views and engagement doesn't necessarily would translate to good sales, but seeems like it have some presence on the Japanese side as well

edit: sorry wrong area for the second image

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
your names pretty cutting-edge so Ive seen lots of Nemesis and the like, was just never sure.
Yeah, but you asked about it there before, I think haha

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Over 3 million views with only 5 chapters? Dang, at least it does sound like a lot.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Over 3 million views with only 5 chapters? Dang, at least it does sound like a lot.
sounds like bots/spiders are spamming the manga so not real views

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just like the 100000 chainsawman twitter bots eh?
chainsawman isnt exactly selling as well as folks thought it would based on online measures of success so bots are clearly playing a role

Tamil

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
while view and engagement doesn't really translate to sales, but on the Japanese sidebit has been noticeably higher even when compared to established series

views on the first image is only for this chapter, and while Jigokuraku only have an illustration this week the SxF number is actually higher than when the last time they both had a chapter. (though at that time Jigokuraku was ~10-20k higher before refreshed)

the 2nd image is total views, keep in mind that the page update quite late, which was easier to the discrepancy notice when it had 1/2 chapters

the rest are ch.1,2,4, 5 (don't want to use up my view for 3) and the comments are all ranging near 2000, which are significantly higher than most series, old or new

I would again say that views and engagement doesn't necessarily would translate to good sales, but seeems like it have some presence on the Japanese side as well

edit: sorry wrong area for the second image

Pretty irrelevant info about views, there's series that have a lot of views but sales are pretty abysmal. Like you said it doesn't really translate to sales. I was actually referring to how overly popular it is on reddit. If you ever been on reddit during the times of the chapters release then you would know. Same concept it can be applied for reddit as with this app but just wanted to clarify.

I expect the sales to be pretty avg for Jump+ or even abysmal. Jigokuraku & WEH are the few exceptions that sell well.

supercow297

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pretty irrelevant info about views, there's series that have a lot of views but sales are pretty abysmal. Like you said it doesn't really translate to sales. I was actually referring to how overly popular it is on reddit. If you ever been on reddit during the times of the chapters release then you would know. Same concept it can be applied for reddit as with this app but just wanted to clarify.

I expect the sales to be pretty avg for Jump+ or even abysmal. Jigokuraku & WEH are the few exceptions that sell well.
That comparison doesn't make sense. Reddit has a large focus on westerner-oriented shonen and rom-com/fluff. Reddit scores and sales have very low correlation on its own, and just from that, you can't draw the conclusion that the views on Japanese websites such as Jump+ are insignificant.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
Reaction score
Country
United States
chainsawman isnt exactly selling as well as folks thought it would based on online measures of success so bots are clearly playing a role
It's been getting regular reprints, though. The first volume already had to be reprinted four or more times now, IIRC.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
That comparison doesn't make sense. Reddit has a large focus on westerner-oriented shonen and rom-com/fluff. Reddit scores and sales have very low correlation on its own, and just from that, you can't draw the conclusion that the views on Japanese websites such as Jump+ are insignificant.
I never said reddit scores having a correlation to sales lmao. From what I see on reddit is that Spy x Family is popular in the western audience/outside of Japan. People outside of Japan seem to be more crazy about that series than Japanese people themselves is the point.

MangAniMY

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

and I am saying that the Japanese side(at least on jump+) are enjoying the series as well,

again, will it translate no sales, maybe not

disregarding the views, the engagement rate(as in comment & likes for each comment) is significantly higher than a majority of the series on the platform.
(I want to say all current series, but I don't want to check everything to make sure that claim isn't something I just randomly say without a source)

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Question, with Soma Volume 35 coming out June 4, how many chapters would that leave the series to go? I can hardly imagine the whole series resolving next week.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Question, with Soma Volume 35 coming out June 4, how many chapters would that leave the series to go? I can hardly imagine the whole series resolving next week.
Like 6 chapters I think. If it ends with volume 36.

Rain Spectre

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Like 6 chapters I think. If it ends with volume 36.
What Chapter did Volume 34 end on, for reference?

Also, I'm curious to see how the matter of Soma's ending will be approached from a new series standpoint. Maybe it'll launch another batch with Yui Kamio being axed and Hinomaru moving to Giga for its last few chapters?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Also, I'm curious to see how the matter of Soma's ending will be approached from a new series standpoint. Maybe it'll launch another batch with Yui Kamio being axed and Hinomaru moving to Giga for its last few chapters?
299. And then if 35 and 36 have 9 chapters each, 35 would end on 308, and the last chapter would be 317.

And hxh should be coming back soon as well (it'll be 7 months at the end of june I think). But idk if jump counts that as a spot. I guess they do.

Ctkk

Reaction score
Country
Highgarden

Would they really axe something before seeing how it sells? Yui and Sayuuki don't come out until July.

Jovan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Would they really axe something before seeing how it sells? Yui and Sayuuki don't come out until July.
They did it for a lot of manga in the past I believe. I think Mutou Black by Saiyuuki mangaka had that fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.