On Break - One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

warsetone

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Two and half decades later, we are finally about to get an idea of what One Piece is.

The chapter marks a turning point in Japanese manga history.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Interesting to see that they got a video transponder snail available in the shabby saloon/ bar on Jaya.
Even more interesting to see it being labled with the Donquixote Pirates‘ jolly roger. So we can assume he‘s still in business despite being imprisoned?
Ooh I didn't notice. I would have figured they just didn't remove what was already there and nobody else bothered to claim the place. (It's likely only pirates who are aware of Skypeia's proximity would care.)

Two and half decades later, we are finally about to get an idea of what One Piece is.

The chapter marks a turning point in Japanese manga history.
It is, but I don't think we'll find out what One Piece is for a long time yet. We're getting the crucial piece of the Blank Century concerning Nika. I hope there are flashbacks but I wouldn't be surprised if we only get a small outline right now and the flashback comes later.

FirenX

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't think that Nami can make use of that power source, if it's Big Mom, oh hell yeah that thing gonna be a nuke peon.

Now, the giant robot using it of course gonna be epic.

To me, when Gorosei see that robot they'll get out immediately, that robot is the key to defeat those monsters.
Not if there is the tiny, itsy-bitsy, puny little Chance that Nami is somehow able to get her Hands on Linlin`s Soru Soru no Mi or it`s Devil`s Soul (maybe on Elbaf due to the connection and Origin of Linlin, Mother Caramel and the Soru Soru no Mi wich resulted in spawning back there/finding it`s way back somehow) and therefore able to create her own elemental-based Homies and making Zeus completely her own, which would, theoretically, make it possible to make the Mother Flame her own.

Black Hawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I would say insane Chapter. A&MU the mother Flame, the last form Ruffy will reach. So that he really is a SunGod and be are part of the Flame Fruit.
Would be interisting if the Flame Fruit (Logia) is a part or genetic recreated of the MotherFlame.

But if A&Mu is the MotherFlame, what is then I&Mu(IMU) and which Charachter is still behind that. Really great Chapter.
So BB is Sinking the World, or how it was written in the Marine Ford Arc. WB the Man who can destroy the Word. So BB is not half that calm as WB was, and he really try to pressure WG and other by sinking the Island and rise the Water.

With rising the Water and Redline and other Way points can be reached with the rising Water, the defintion of the All Blue, Sanjis Goal get a new defintion.

Beside the StoryLine, is Oda also try to make his Fans aware, the Island in the Ocean a dissapeating about the Water rising up, in the real World.
Like Studio Ghibli always, built this Part into his Movie, to make the visitior aware of some real Situation?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not if there is the tiny, itsy-bitsy, puny little Chance that Nami is somehow able to get her Hands on Linlin`s Soru Soru no Mi or it`s Devil`s Soul (maybe on Elbaf due to the connection and Origin of Linlin, Mother Caramel and the Soru Soru no Mi wich resulted in spawning back there/finding it`s way back somehow) and therefore able to create her own elemental-based Homies and making Zeus completely her own, which would, theoretically, make it possible to make the Mother Flame her own.
Mother Flame is in my Opinion the last Form of Ruffy, the Question is it how will he eat it.
Mother Flame is maybe the last Part Missing, to complete the SunGod, Sun are the Mother of all Flames.
And when Ruffy isnt able to scratch the Elders in his current Form, then the natural Way of Shounen Manga will happen.
Another Power Up to beat the new Problem he face, and eating a Flame, would be the last hilarious Part for Ruffy.
I also guess, that one of the last Images of this Chapter, already showed how it could look like. A flame Aura around his Body, like the 5 elders have.

I&MU opposite from A&MU. So the Power the 5 elders have could be given from I&MU. So yes Nami could get a part of A&MU (ruffy, SunGod Nika).
Its like giving your Haki to another, sorry wasnt there also a part in DragonBall or other Shounen, where you could spread your Godlike Power, beside naruto.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Something I didn't notice until it was pointed out on a couple other forums, Saturn reverted to his human form after the light of the Mother Flame touched him. That seems pretty significant. Kinda makes me wonder if the Mother Flame is related to the power of the Sea.

You know, thinking about it, for some as logical and scientific as Vegapunk, it seems odd that, during his discussion about DFs, he chose to personify The Sea / Mother of Nature in his theory. Maybe that wasn't just him putting a romanticized spin on things. Maybe the Mother of Nature is a real thing. And may the Mother Flame is a piece of her.

Kuroiyaiba

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ooh I didn't notice. I would have figured they just didn't remove what was already there and nobody else bothered to claim the place. (It's likely only pirates who are aware of Skypeia's proximity would care.)
Yeah this might be an explanation for having a video transponder snail there. But was it that relevant for the scene on Jaya to have a video broadcast running in the first place? For that reason I regard this scene as a subtle hint for Doflamingo‘s business being still alive.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
wondering if warcury's body got engulfed by the flames from the iron giant or is it his feature (like saturn and poison, venusjuro's ability to use freezing attacks)

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Robin's bounty will go up even more now.
If they can't find the source, they may as well give up and just capture Robin with all the Gorosei because Vegapunk doesn't know the entire history, he only knows some details.
They're better off letting some details get aired rather than let Robin escape because if she escapes, she will eventually have ALL the information which will bring their entire operation to a halt.
I get the fear for any information getting out... but I think they have made a huge mistake by giving up on the Den Den Mushi and focusing on Robin.

At the same time, I guess they don't think the SHs can possibly escape either, so I'm saying this from a reader's perspective. It's easier said than done. Like they say, hindsight is 20/20. So, I guess they're rationale is the best course of action at the moment.
Honestly agree they are taking the SHs a bit too lightly. They know that Nika is super dangerous and the last time he was around is when they had a massive war and One Piece getting created. Now Nika is back and has with him the means to getting to One Piece and uncovering the entire Void Century which is the biggest fear they have.

Instead they are now focusing on stopping a broadcast that will be limited in knowledge allowing the SHs to escape despite knowing that they are pretty much guaranteed to make it to Laughtale at this point. And unlike Roger who did the same but didn't reveal publicly what they learned I'd say its a sure bet that Luffy/Nika and Robin (caring Ohara's will) are going to make this all public.

They are too shortsighted in their current goal. Going after broadcast room first made sense since it was logical place to look but the moment they had no idea where its coming from is when they should have shifted strategies and had like 3 of them focus on wiping out SHs and the other 2 can continue randomly searching.

I am the only one who is sort of expecting luffy to at some point get involved in the gorosei's conversation? This seems weirdly similar to how sea kings communicate.
It definitely seems like VOAT. Sea Kings used it with each other, Momo used it to communicate with Zunesha (heck he even saw through her eyes), Luffy used it to call out for help when in the Onigashima sea, and in the past we saw that both Roger and Oden had this power too. The Gorosei clearly unlike all of these other people have mastered the ability and can use it freely over long distances. Would be nice for Luffy to get a hint at it so he can actually work on using the skill. At the moment I fear he hasn't realized its an ability he even has and can master. Maybe someone in Elbaf has it and will teach him to use it more formally e.g. the Prince Loki or something since it seems to run in Wano royalty.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Something I didn't notice until it was pointed out on a couple other forums, Saturn reverted to his human form after the light of the Mother Flame touched him. That seems pretty significant. Kinda makes me wonder if the Mother Flame is related to the power of the Sea.

You know, thinking about it, for some as logical and scientific as Vegapunk, it seems odd that, during his discussion about DFs, he chose to personify The Sea / Mother of Nature in his theory. Maybe that wasn't just him putting a romanticized spin on things. Maybe the Mother of Nature is a real thing. And may the Mother Flame is a piece of her.
I think it's because he only want to break the transponders and not the entire lab, and considering his size in awakened form he cannot do this transformed.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I read the Arabic translation, and I like it better than the English one. This isn't a language preference but rather a translation preference. The Arabic translation is closer in translation to the fan translation provided earlier, while the English translation by TCB doesn't feel right. For example, when York was running, she said in the TCB translation, "Damn it, Stella. Did he really spill the beans on everything!" while in the Arabic translation, she said, "Until when will you continue speaking, Stella? Do you intend to expose everything?" These are very different translations in which the TCB translation conveys the idea that Stella exposed everything (which doesn't conform to the events in the story), whereas the Arabic one conveys the idea that Stella is in the process of exposing everything, which conforms to the event in the story.

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Honestly agree they are taking the SHs a bit too lightly. They know that Nika is super dangerous and the last time he was around is when they had a massive war and One Piece getting created. Now Nika is back and has with him the means to getting to One Piece and uncovering the entire Void Century which is the biggest fear they have.

Instead they are now focusing on stopping a broadcast that will be limited in knowledge allowing the SHs to escape despite knowing that they are pretty much guaranteed to make it to Laughtale at this point. And unlike Roger who did the same but didn't reveal publicly what they learned I'd say its a sure bet that Luffy/Nika and Robin (caring Ohara's will) are going to make this all public.

They are too shortsighted in their current goal. Going after broadcast room first made sense since it was logical place to look but the moment they had no idea where its coming from is when they should have shifted strategies and had like 3 of them focus on wiping out SHs and the other 2 can continue randomly searching.
Funny how not only is Vegapunk's broadcast informing the world about some aspect of the void century, it is also buying the SHs time to escape because we have 2-3 of the Gorosei all focused on the lab instead of all coming together to take out Robin and defeat the crew defending her.
Warcury is doing a good job handling Luffy, the remaining really should be where Robin's at. They should be able to defeat the rest or at least cause enough chaos to get Robin.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So could Oda be having Yamato carry a sword so as to further the parallel with the legend of Yamato Takeru?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

It definitely seems like VOAT. Sea Kings used it with each other, Momo used it to communicate with Zunesha (heck he even saw through her eyes), Luffy used it to call out for help when in the Onigashima sea, and in the past we saw that both Roger and Oden had this power too. The Gorosei clearly unlike all of these other people have mastered the ability and can use it freely over long distances. Would be nice for Luffy to get a hint at it so he can actually work on using the skill. At the moment I fear he hasn't realized its an ability he even has and can master. Maybe someone in Elbaf has it and will teach him to use it more formally e.g. the Prince Loki or something since it seems to run in Wano royalty.
A few points:

1.- The gorosei don't know what the broadcast will say. We have some context now of course but even a few minutes ago the gorosei had no idea of what vegapunk did or didn't know. Meanwhile the gorosei know the world's history and presumably how much harm this could cause them.

2.- The gorosei don't know luffy is the main character. Add to that, they have fought and presumably defeated nika before.

3.- The gorosei regard modern Ds as pale imitations that don't know the significance of their name. While they are definitely underestimating them, it's also fair to note that they defeated Ds almost definitively 800+ years ago.

4.- I would argue gorosei's moves upon arrival to the island were pretty damn good. Mars went after the signal. ethanjuro salvaged the pacifista program. Saturn is targeting robin, someone with the capacity to realize the full danger of the world's history becoming public. Peter and warcury are confronting luffy who got unexpected support from the giants.

5.- Acquiring and preserving the motherflame is probably the single most important goal the gorosei currently have.

Overall with the context the gorosei have I would argue they have acted pretty reasonably. They had clear goals upon arriving to the island and split their power so as to maximize the chance of getting everything.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Magellan's concern in this chapter... Could impel down get evacuated? You'd think it'd make more sense for the world government to simply leave level 6 prisoners to drown at least. If what's coming affects impel down it would be an ideal scenario for a lot of characters to make their way back into the plot. Perhaps most importantly bon clay.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Meant to mention before, I was expecting this chapter to either prove one or disprove both of the two variants of pole shift theory out there (i.e. if it's a physical vs. a magnetic 90 degree tilt to the planet). Unfortunately we're not at the moment of truth yet, it seems.

wondering if warcury's body got engulfed by the flames from the iron giant or is it his feature (like saturn and poison, venusjuro's ability to use freezing attacks)
Last time I thought it was from the Red Roc, but this time he used a different move so who knows? Elemental abilities have become surprisingly common. At least it doesn't seem to be doing Luffy any damage other than minor ouchies. Maybe it's a defensive application of ryuou? Who knows...

I think it's because he only want to break the transponders and not the entire lab, and considering his size in awakened form he cannot do this transformed.
That was my interpretation as well, while I first read the chapter, but I was still left wondering what all that steam or smoke or whatever around him was all about. I'm wondering now if this and the

I read the Arabic translation, and I like it better than the English one. This isn't a language preference but rather a translation preference. The Arabic translation is closer in translation to the fan translation provided earlier, while the English translation by TCB doesn't feel right. For example, when York was running, she said in the TCB translation, "Damn it, Stella. Did he really spill the beans on everything!" while in the Arabic translation, she said, "Until when will you continue speaking, Stella? Do you intend to expose everything?" These are very different translations in which the TCB translation conveys the idea that Stella exposed everything (which doesn't conform to the events in the story), whereas the Arabic one conveys the idea that Stella is in the process of exposing everything, which confirms the event in the story.
This is why I like reading the original whenever possible and comparing multiple translations into English.
The relevant part of what York said was: 「どこまで喋る気イ!?ステラ!! --> "How much do you intend to reveal, Stella?!"

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think there was a delay between the actual event and the quake so if he detected the use of the weapon he'd be able to figure it out. My assumption is that he knows whatever the weapon is to have an idea of its impact (might be a weapon that existed since AK times) and from there just needs a way to know if it is used. For knowing it was used, could be that he himself gave WG motherflame (might be hard for York to give it away without being caught) or alternatively he had something like seismograph that detected the Lulusia event itself which let him deduce the weapon got used.

A completely simple explanation is he hacked some comms and learned abourt Lulusia. The WG wasn't exactly too careful about that and a country can't just disappear without drawing attention (WG can lie about it to the world but someone like VP won't be fooled by that).
I'm assuming he gave them a prototype of the Motherflame that he purposefully made weaker or more disposable in some way, and they're counting on York to ensure they have access to the full version.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Can gura gura no mi help prevent the world from sinking? Maybe Whitebeard was secretly trying to prevent that but given the wrath of WG, focused solely on being a pirate in appearance.

But then again, if Oda was planning this since Marineford, then Whitebeard didn't know or Roger didn't tell him

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Seeing how we see Celestial Dragons are unaware of the Void Century and probably don't even know about Imu's existence as Joker indicated - reason they hunted him down IMO is for seeing Imu whom I believe is the national treasure... it seems even the Gorosei and Imu are even lying to their fellow celestial dragons.
So, Celestial Dragons aren't really the enemy, the real enemy here is Imu and the Gorosei.

King Cobra is essentially a Celestial Dragon except for the fact he didn't live in Mariejois. He seems to have knowledge about how the WG was formed. The 20 Kings (20 Ruling now Celestial Dragons) came together under the impression there was they were all equals.
However, it looks like Imu of House Nerona out of the 20 Celestials is actually lying to the rest.

So, if we look at it that the Nerona house or Imu is lying to every Celestial Dragon besides the Gorosei... it also makes sense why HE specifically doesn't want the Void Century to be revealed because potentially... the truth will make Celestial Dragons + the world learn they've all been lied to.

I'm beginning to think everyone in One Piece is a victim of Imu of house Nerona and the Gorosei's lie. I really am eager to get to Elbaph so we can get some more lore as to what the dynamics of the Celestial Dragons really are.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Saw a theory that maybe G5 Luffy eats the Mother Flame. That'd be hilarious.
That would be insanely cool if he does that and gets super strong for short burst that allows them to get away successfully while simultaneously making the Gorosei lose a resource.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm assuming he gave them a prototype of the Motherflame that he purposefully made weaker or more disposable in some way, and they're counting on York to ensure they have access to the full version.
Still doesn’t make sense to me how Vegapunk can replicate the Mother Flame weapon, but not the robot’s energy.