MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MangaHelpers

Kiki
Kiki
did the doctors/nurses not check your haemoglobin, blood pressure, HCT etc or ask if you have eaten or slept enough?

as someone who regularly donates blood, my tips are: eat nutritious foods, sleep enough, and dont stay up late at night. perform these at least 1 week before donating :vbunny
LaserBeam
LaserBeam
Yeah they checked it they said i was fine and i was asked but i thought the amount of breakfast i ate was enough but apparently it was not.
Nie Li
Nie Li
I've never donated blood so I'm curious.

I guess you donate it for hospitals to use in general or is it for a specific cause of some sort?

And why do you do it? I know the answer is probably something along the lines of "to help someone who might need it more than I do" but what is it that made you guys decide to start donating it?

Asking 100% out of sheer curiosity.
Reactions: Kiki
LaserBeam
LaserBeam
It was my 1rst time donate blood and i did it because my mom has a syndrome called myelodysplastic in which immature blood cells in the bone marrow do not mature, so do not become healthy blood cells it is a syndrome that has chances to evolve into leukemia.
  • Hug
Reactions: Kiki
Nie Li
Nie Li
Oh, wow. Sorry to hear about your mother. I don't know about that syndrome but I wish she gets better.
Kiki
Kiki
@ laserbeam aw sorry to hear that :worrybunny

@ moegara I started it in 2014 after my friend's suggestion, and it became my hobby now :^_^ it helps keep my health - I have to eat healthy foods, take vitamins and minerals,get enough sleep. otherwise I wouldnt do those, knowing me..... also religious reason šŸ™‚
Reactions: Nie Li
LaserBeam
LaserBeam
i think i found the reason why i felt dizziness and almost felt my conscious out it seems like i have hyper thyroid problem
Kiki
Kiki
ouch. have you seen a doctor?
LaserBeam
LaserBeam
Well i went to see a pharync issue i had and that doctor told me that my thyroid looked a bit like it is pumped so she send me to give blood and today i got the results and i have beyond the limit by a lot.
I had no clue.