Discussion - “The Seven Deadly Sins: Origin” Game/Plot Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion “The Seven Deadly Sins: Origin” Game/Plot Discussion Thread

Redworld96

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Release date: Second Half 2024

Platforms: PC, mobile, consoles.

Description
Following the success of the franchise’s previous turn-based title, Grand Cross, Origin will be an open-world action RPG for console, Mobile, and PC that features beloved characters from the anime and manga. In addition, this world also includes all aspects of the manga sequel "The Four Knights of The Apocalypse", the movies and derivative works, allowing fans to create their own exciting plots and unforgettable scenes. In this way, the game will become a brand new original story to them.

Official website:
https://origin.netmarble.com/game

Synopsis

After the final battle between the legendary knights “Seven Deadly Sins” and the Demon King in Britannia, peace among the five races has arrived. When peace came to everyone, Tristan (Meliodas and Elizabeth’s son) is now 13 years old. Looking for the shores of Lake Fennes with his companion Tioreh (King and Diane’s 7th daughter), they discover a mysterious stone chamber. Tristan and Tioreh are in a stone chamber with a star pattern engraved on it. They get an unidentifiable artifact... Correcting the distorted timeline for the peace of Britannia Tristan, prince of the Kingdom of Liones, begins his first adventure.

“Book of Stars”: Long ago, a giant craftsman discovered an ore that glowed as if it contained the whole universe. The ore came to be called “Seongyuseok,” meaning a stone with flowing stars. The craftsman created the “Book of Stars” using his own skills to process ‘Sacred Stone’. “Book of Stars”, which amplifies all magical power beyond its limits, was as dangerous as its abilities. Due to some kind of incident, a runaway occurs that distorts Britannia's past and future...

Britannia, where the past and future are mixed due to the explosion of “Book of Stars”. Events that existed in the past and things that will happen in the future are mixed together and appear in Britannia. Due to the distorted space and time, even unidentified monsters that did not exist originally appear, throwing Britannia into even greater trouble. However, it was not only chaos and evil that came from the mixed past and future, but heroes who became legends in the past and heroes who will become legends in the future begin a journey to save Britannia from chaos.

Trailers

Gameplay Showcase

Episode 1 (Main Story) Summary

After watching the whole story mode demo from different perspectives & videos, it seems you start right when the player can control the character in-game to learn the controls, so the whole beginning of the game with the kids’ meeting has actually not been revealed yet. You can tell some cutscenes are missing as well the initial context of the story. However, we have clues about what happened from later dialogues:

The official synopsis says Tristan and Tioreh were exploring the shores of the Lake Fennes together. When you start controlling Tristan, Tioreh says “Isn’t this an interesting place? I think I know why you asked me to come here, Tri-Tri”, which implies that it’s been Tristan’s idea to meet and hang out there. Much later Tristan also mentions that Tioreh said she would get back home after they finish their exploration, but actually you never see Tioreh saying that, that’s why it feels some previous cutscenes were missing in this tutorial. Probably due to priority reasons, since this is just a demo after all.

The demo itself starts with a cutscene (clearly modified, with no context of how the kids arrived there) where they’re running and laughing while exploring the place. Tristan tells her the story of how the whole lake and surrounding were dry (Escanor VS Estarossa fight, Season 2) and are encouraged to continue exploring the surroundings. They arrive at a certain red tree and suddenly Tioreh’s fox starts to act nervous, flying to the tree’s entrance.
Tristan says there’s a legend about this tree, it seems such tree was the only survivor from the Escanor VS Estarossa’s destruction. Tristan touches the branches and these ones start moving, letting see a hole in the ground. Tristan is not convinced to keep going and he suggests to come back and report this, but Tioreh was decided and literally she kicked his ass to make him fall in the hole, following him later.

Those two fall in some kind of huge cave, and that’s where they discover the Book of Stars’ altar. The light coming from the altar attracts Tristan and tries to touch it, but it was about to explode and Tioreh pushes him away. The explosion comes out upwards and that is when the temporal distortion occurs. The light is transformed into the Book of Stars and the kids take it with them. Suddenly, Golems representating themselves appear to fight them (Tioreh identifies them as part of Creation’s magic, but not as powerful as her mother’s golems). Later a huge monster appear but the kids cant win them, so the Book of Stars helps them to get out of there. They go through a kind of workshop with giant-sized furniture (probably from the Giant creator of the Book of Stars).

They manage to come back to the Fennes Lake but they realize it’s full of water and nature again. And from no where, Manta-Hawk appears flying escaping from another monster and falls into the lake. Both Tristan and Tioreh knew about him from their parents’ stories. The kids save Hawk from the lake. Tristan introduces himself as Melizabeth’s son, which it surprises Hawk because he didn’t know those two got married and became parents. Now is Tioreh’s turn to introduce herself, Hawk didn’t need her to say anything else because he says “Your face is so familiar for some reason. Oh, you must be the child of those two”.

Hawk says he was in Purgatory when suddenly he just appeared here. Tristan is not understanding anything, so Hawk suggests to move and find out what’s happening. This is the moment when Tristan mentions that Tioreh said she would get back home after they finish their exploration, but Tioreh says she changed her mind and she doesn’t want him to live this adventure all alone and wants to join in (This is when you get Tioreh as the 2nd playable character).

Once the kids save Hawk from the river, they decide to help him find his lost Monster Block, trapped in the top of a tree. A dark aura falls from the sky and the group decides to find out what it is. The kids arrive at Liones, they see Howzer (apparently from their same present, because Howzer recognises both of them and viceversa), Howzer says someone is destroying the streets and orders them to keep safe. A "resurrected" Marmas (probably traveler from the past) is the one destroying the place and the kids fight him. Once stopped, no one is understanding how a dead holy knight came back to life.

And that's the end of the story mode demo.

Last edited:

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
A "Book of Stars" and its timeline-distorting properties ... a stone with flowing stars ... past and future are mixing?
Are these Hints of what Tristan's "Nova" might possibly be related to?
Since Tristan's main mission in this story is to correct the timeline again, maybe his magic "Nova" was the key (in a similar fashion to how baby Percival awakened Hope 14 years ago to tame the Behemoth)?

I wonder if we will get to see King & Diane's other children (maybe their abilities too) ... Such an interesting plotline!!
Thanks @Redworld96 for Posting this :^_^

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think we'll see another of their kids in this game before they appear in the manga. I can see them teasing the players and that's it.

everythingnice

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I am not much of a gamer... but the scenery is really pretty here... reminds me of some Dragon Ball game, kinda had a similar to this one me thinks.
Btw, seeing Hawk (in the website) with Tristan was very heartwarming. I'm kinda surprised there are English and Korean voice actors tho. Isn't there a Japanese version of the game?
Seeing that giant bird kind of reminded me of Owls of Gahoole lol, I thought it was an owl but its probably not

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't think we'll see another of their kids in this game before they appear in the manga. I can see them teasing the players and that's it.
Same, at most what I expect is Tioreh talking about her slice of life / family in a subtle way, like mentioning "my siblings ----" or something like that. She already says in the first minutes of the game that her mother's golems are way stronger than the ones they fight in the cave.

Isn't there a Japanese version of the game?
It will be released in Japan for sure.
The release is supposed to be global, but it's true that Netmarble Korea is the one who is putting the most effort into promoting and providing news about the game. They already opened the official KR website and they will release a demo.
It's only a matter of time Netmarble JP do the same.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

“Book of Stars”: Long ago, a giant craftsman discovered an ore that glowed as if it contained the whole universe. The ore came to be called “Seongyuseok,” meaning a stone with flowing stars. The craftsman created the “Book of Stars” using his own skills to process ‘Sacred Stone’.
About this, @Zorra_akuma and I were speculating the giant craftsman is indeed Dubs. In the leaked tutorial gameplay, the kids arrived at some room with big size furnitures, but such size doesn't fit to an average giant neither (like Diane's size for example).

Here some pictures of the room (sorry, bad quality)

And this is the canon size of Dubs according Cursed by Light:

--- Double Post Merged, ---

New illustrative picture for The Seven Deadly Sins: Origin.
The G-Star 2023 demo will offer two key pieces of content to visitors: Story Mode, to enjoy an original story unique to 7DS: Origin; and Open World Mode, to get a glimpse into the vast continent of Britannia.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Kinda weird to see King in his wingless form when he is with his daughter like that :XD.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kinda weird to see King in his wingless form when he is with his daughter like that :XD.
More weird and funny will be the moment when in gameplay they will meet (because I guess it's a fact both kids will meet their respective parents in younger versions).
Indeed, I think Tioreh is taller than her dad in child form? He was 160cm back then. She's way taller than Tristan so maybe she's 160 too, or a little taller than that.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I find it so weird looking that she seems almost twice his size 😆

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Better look of the official merchandise to win in the G-STAR 2023 for those who visit the event and play the demo:

A representative from Netmarble said: "The original goods are being released for the first time to reward fans who have been waiting for the game in celebration of G-Star, and are available in limited quantities. In addition to these goods, we have prepared various events where you can win generous prizes, so please pay attention to Netmarble during G-Star."

Also, more pictures released from new videos:

Netmarble's recent Press Release talking about Origin and showing a new trailer & some aspects of the game.
Also, Netmarble CEOs have releaved that their goal is to release 7DS: Origin on the 2nd half of 2024

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's really INTERESTING how the power of Stars (seemingly of that glowing stone) could actually "reconstruct" that destroyed ship in 01:36 :hmm

I think that's King of the past (NnT events) due to the Time distortion caused by the Book of Stars.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I read the synopsis for the first time. I know this story isn't canon but is the craftsman mentioned supposed to be Dubs?

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I read the synopsis for the first time. I know this story isn't canon but is the craftsman mentioned supposed to be Dubs?
That's what we suspect, I will quote here my old message:
About this, @Zorra_akuma and I were speculating the giant craftsman is indeed Dubs. In the leaked tutorial gameplay, the kids arrived at some room with big size furnitures, but such size doesn't fit to an average giant neither (like Diane's size for example).

Here some pictures of the room (sorry, bad quality)
And this is the canon size of Dubs according Cursed by Light:

In the release Press Release, the director of Origin has once again insisted that Nakaba has been very interested at the game from the beginning and has been helping, supervising the story and preparing the designs and abilities of the new characters (we already know Tioreh is one of them and he confirmed she is canon for the NNT/4KOTA plot).

New trailer here in HD:

In 2 days the GSTAR will begin. During 16th-19th it's expected to know a lot of more things about the game.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nowadays the trend.is work with timelines, space-time magic, time travels, etc.
Better way to fix things and bring Escanor back

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nowadays the trend.is work with timelines, space-time magic, time travels, etc.
Better way to fix things and bring Escanor back
It's a non canon mobile game. These elements are used so commonly because it allows them to use characters and create new stories without worrying about canon.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Probably I forgot to say: 7DS Origin was and is still in the process of being released on all platforms: PC, mobile and consoles.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's a non canon mobile game. These elements are used so commonly because it allows them to use characters and create new stories without worrying about canon.
It's an original story with canon elements in the same universe but not related to the main story.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The most updated explanation of what's going on with 7DS: Origin is from their own director, who said this few days ago:

"We developed it (7DS Origin) as a multiverse original story because it has the advantage of being able to create scenes that cannot be seen in all previous Seven Deadly Sins' works (prequel, movies, sequel). Although it is a new story, Suzuki Nakaba is supervising the story and setting the design and skills of the original characters".

Official website updated. We can now read more about the story mode, download a lot of wallpapers etc
Play: https://origin.netmarble.com/gstar/play
Digital Goods: https://origin.netmarble.com/digitalgoods

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's an original story with canon elements in the same universe but not related to the main story.
Of course it has canon elements. But because of the timeline stuff they have more freedom for their original stories. Tristan obviously didn't experience this in canon(the manga).

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tristan obviously didn't experience this in canon(the manga).
Obvious based on what exactly? They labeled this "Tristan's first adventure" and it took place one year before the GoE's events (he's 13 y.o in the game). This was the first time he met with Tioreh and befriended her. Surely you don't expect him to meet her later in the manga for the 1st time, right?

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This was the first time he met with Tioreh and befriended her.
To be fair... how do we know they just met there, at the age of 13?
Can't they know each other since years ago, since their parents are friends too (especially their moms)?

We still have to watch the full tutorial from the beggining, but so far from what I've seen in the leaked gameplay of the tutorial, I didnt find any dialogue implying this is their very first meet together.
Kinda weird to think that these two just met in the Fennes Lake at the right time by casually, when Tioreh lives on another Forest.