♪ The Classical Music Thread ♪ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

♪ The Classical Music Thread ♪

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
♪ The Classical Music Thread ♪

Just a few days ago I finished watching a Japanese drama called “Nodame Cantabile”, and watching it helped to fully renew my love for classical music. That’s why I thought it would be cool to create a thread where we could talk about it.

Here’s a thread to discuss about your favorite artists, songs, composers, in short, anything and everything related to the world of classical music. :)

Since I mentioned Nodame Cantabile, I might as well and post one of my favorite classical music pieces from that drama ^_^:

Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue

Nodame Cantabile – Rhapsody in Blue

Last edited:

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
1 Litre of Tears J-dorama had some good classical music for its soundtrack. Contemporary pianists and composer, Yiruma's works are amazing. I love playing his pieces on the piano!

Channy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I always enjoyed the works that were put into Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 such as Rhapsody in Blue and Night on Bald Mountain

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I'm a sucker for piano pieces.

Of course, there's Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, an eternal classic.

"Emperor Concerto", also by Beethoven.

Naturally, it's not only piano concertos and sonatas I enjoy. There's really something inimitable about epic, full orchestra arrangements like these:

Mozart's Requiem in D Minor

Antonio Vivaldi - Storm (this is definitely one of my favorites from the Baroque era! Last movement from his concerto "Summer".)

Johann Sebastian Bach - Air (I know, also a given, but the whole thing is just so... refreshing, don't you think?)

Thanks for making this thread! It inspired me to listen through some of my favorite classical pieces, and it made me realize once again how amazing the music from back then is. My love for classical is also renewed! :tem

Last edited:

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I must say I am a bit disappointed.

For starters because there are no Tchaikovsky (1812 Overture Op.49 -Finale anyone???), second of all because no-one has mentioned Harpsichord Suite No. 4 (D-minor) and lastly because there are a Moonlight Sonata mention, but no Epilogue which happens to be on the "The King's Speech" soundtrack nor the Symphony No. 5 (C-minor, first part).

Also, after seeing "Budapest Gypsy Symphony Orchestra" also known as "100 Strings" which I daresay is the best string orchestra alive I must add the Hungarian Rhapsody as well as the Hungarian Dance No 5 and No 1.

For those of you who don't know "Budapest Gypsy Symphony Orchestra" here's a piece for you. You can see the cimbalom player in the background and he's truly the best cimbalom player in the world. Easy one of the most magnificent musicians I've seen live. HERE's the "original" composition.

Educate yourselves people! :shakefist

ps: MUCHO LOVE FOR MAKING THIS THREAD DESTINY *glomp*

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
I have discovered classic music with the Symphony for New world (lol at the last comment) from Dvorak and it is still one of my favorite.
I also love the Rite of Spring from Stravinsky. It's kinda weird when you hear it now to imagine its premiere was one of the biggest scandal ever

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It seems that Nodame Cantabile inspired lots of people to know more classical musics. Me included. :D Yet still, why are there not many people who replied here? :P

@Blai: Tchaikovsky's Overture 1812 is a masterpiece. No one can debate me over that. Simply beautiful and elegant. I love it so much.

Nodame Cantabile and La Corda D'Oro are two names which brought me deeper to classical music world (LOL at my choice of words). Although I'm getting lazy to go hunting classical musics again, I still find it fascinating.

Some pieces I thought the best are Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto no. 2 in C Minor, Tchaikovsky's Overture 1812, Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto in D Major, and Carmen Fantasy. :D (All thanks to Nodame, haha~)

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Love these guys~ They are so awesome!!

Last edited by a moderator:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you Bridgerton for this beautiful music:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

When you like the classical version better than the original...