Help - どっかやんのなし line | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Help どっかやんのなし line

deanna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, stuck again on some masculine speech, would appreciate any help.

Context here is that in a previous chapter, the guy had pulled his popsicle away right when the girl was about to bite it, and now she's doing the same to him.

I don't get his line 「ピャッてどっかやんのなしだぞ」

I figure the masculine speech breaks down to 「ピャというのはどうかやるのなしだよ」but that still doesn't really make sense to me... As you can see the "Pya" is most likely the sound effect for the takoyaki being pulled away.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Totinona

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'm guessing it could be broken down to 「ピャってどこかでやるのはなしだよ」. And that ピャって could have the same meaning as ぴゃっと in Osaka-ben which is written as パッと in standard Japanese, so it could be 「パッとどこかでやるのはなしだよ」 maybe. :tem

I was only able to see the page in the album thumbnail. >.<

deanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I learned a new skill of embedding images on here! (It's fixed now)

Now that you can see the image you can see that the "pya" is most likely the sound effect for pulling the takoyaki out of reach. I fixed my original post regarding this as well.

My guess of a translation would be "Let's pretend you didn't do 'pya'" (ぴゃっとやったのはなしにしよう)

Totinona

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Ahh, I see! In that case I would assume "ピャっ" is the sound of whisking the takoyaki away from him (like you said) and he's telling her (almost daring her) not to do it. "Don't you dare to pull it away" or something like that. :wonder

deanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been pondering and I think it might be something like "this isn't the place for 'pya.'" Nashi would be its meaning of "unacceptable" here... Iduno, it makes sense with the next line, so I'm going to move ahead with that, but still open to any other ideas. Thanks for the feedback Totinona~

OKfarm

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
どっか=somewhere(not to be bitten)
ピャッ=sfx for moving something rapidly

"You must not pull it away as tit for tat when I'm about to bite it."

It is better not to stick to these words,
but the nuance "the same way I did"
is to be concluded,I think.

Last edited: