2014 Anime Awards Information Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

2014 Anime Awards Information Thread

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the 2014 Anime Awards!

It's that time of year again to vote for the best of the best in the anime world. This time, however, the focus will be on anime that aired during this past year. What studio impressed you with their quality and creative direction in animation? What anime did an outstanding job translating a novel or manga into a fluid media? Which voice actors and actresses were able to bring their characters to life? These are some of the categories in which you will be able to nominate and subsequently vote for your series, studio, etc of choice.

Aside from a couple categories, this year we have decided to focus on anime that aired in 2014, including anime that aired in fall 2013 and carried over into 2014 (2 cour series). If you are confused on what is eligible or not, please feel free to contact any of us that are involved in running this project.

Here are some links to help you out:

https://livechart.me/fall-2013
https://livechart.me/winter-2014
https://livechart.me/spring-2014
https://livechart.me/summer-2014
https://livechart.me/fall-2014

The nomination round will start January 4th, 2015 at 12PM CST and will end January 11th, 2015 ~12PM CST

• Submit nominations for each category in the appropriate award thread.
  • Each member is allowed up to three nominations per category.
  • You are not required to post nominations in every category.
  • Please clearly state the title of your nomination.
  • Please bold the titles of the anime you nominate.
  • Do not post nominations to this thread.

During round one you may edit one nomination per category. Please make a new post in the category thread stating what nomination you want to add, and which you would like to remove.

• The five anime that receive the most nominations in round one will move on to round two.
  • Round two is a voting round.
  • A poll will be posted in each category.
  • You do not have to vote in every category.
  • Once cast, votes can not be changed.

• The final round will also be a voting round.
  • You can vote for only one title per category.
  • Once cast, votes are final.
  • This round will decide the winner of each category.

2014 Anime Categories

General Categories:

Favorite Anime of 2014
Most Surprising Anime of 2014
Most Disappointing Anime of 2014

Genre Categories:

Favorite Mystery/Horror of 2014
Favorite Slice of Life of 2014
Favorite Action of 2014
Favorite Drama of 2014
Favorite Sci-Fi of 2014
Favorite Romance of 2014

Media Categories

Favorite Voice Actor/Actress of 2014
Favorite Animation of 2014
Favourite Studio of 2014
Favorite Director of 2014
Favorite Manga Adaptation of 2014
Favorite Light Novel/Visual Novel Adaptation of 2014

Music

Favorite OP of 2014
Favorite ED of 2014
Favorite Soundtrack of 2014

Character and Plot Categories

Favorite Male Lead of 2014
Favorite Female Lead of 2014
Favorite Male Supporting Character of 2014
Favorite Female Supporting Character of 2014
Favorite Villain of 2014
Favorite Death of 2014
Favorite Plot Twist of 2014
Favorite Couple of 2014
Favorite Full Cast of 2014

Any Anime

Favorite Overall Anime
Favorite Classic Anime

:confetti Enjoy! :confetti

--------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm really happy to see A. A. back :), I was really expecting it, but I'm a little bit confused, seems that's it's only a 2014 contest which seems to me quite repetitious with the seasonal awards. Results for most of categories are definitely predictable. Last year, it was a most overall contest (including 2014 categories) which is more fun, I think. I'm embarassed, I haven't seen many 2014 animes & except a few cats.I can't really be part of it considering the couple of 2014 shows I know, too bad.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
2010 - Spirited Away
2011 - NO ANIME AWARDS
2012 - One Piece: Strong World
2013 - Grave of the Fireflies
2014 - REMOVED?

No Favorite Anime Movie this year? Why?!

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm really happy to see A. A. back :), I was really expecting it, but I'm a little bit confused, seems that's it's only a 2014 contest which seems to me quite repetitious with the seasonal awards. Results for most of categories are definitely predictable. Last year, it was a most overall contest (including 2014 categories) which is more fun, I think. I'm embarassed, I haven't seen many 2014 animes & except a few cats.I can't really be part of it considering the couple of 2014 shows I know, too bad.
Yes, this time it's mainly focused on 2014. The seasonal Award was an experiment and prolly won't happen again, but I think there's still a lot of room left for other shows to get nominated anyway. With an average of at least 30 anime per season, you can basically nominate and vote for more than 100 different anime this time, not including categories like "Best Overall" and "Best Classic". In that sense I don't think that results are predictable in any way, the chances of every summer anime winning against all the others seems fairly small and unlikely.

2010 - Spirited Away
2011 - NO ANIME AWARDS
2012 - One Piece: Strong World
2013 - Grave of the Fireflies
2014 - REMOVED?

No Favorite Anime Movie this year? Why?!
This year is focused on 2014, so considering that the reception in past years hasn't been to high regarding this category we removed it this time. If people feel like they want it for the next Awards we will consider it.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Zankyo no Terror isn't an action-focused anime, and thus not eligible.
Can you declare Atelier Escha & Logy and Fate/Kaleid as ineligible while you are at it?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
N.Niichan said:
Yes, this time it's mainly focused on 2014. [...] With an average of at least 30 anime per season, you can basically nominate and vote for more than 100 different anime this time, not including categories like "Best Overall" and "Best Classic". In that sense I don't think that results are predictable in any way, the chances of every summer anime winning against all the others seems fairly small and unlikely.
Yeah, ok, but for people like me who knows at most 3 or 4 shows of the year, it's definitely a turnoff. I haven't even reach "100 animes" in my whole life.
Well, it's not a question of the number of eligible 2014 anime but of their quality (or popularity) and I may be wrong but I think that unfortunately, depending on the categories, nominations will likely, most of time concern the same 7-8 shows and I'm quite sure (I have seen none of them yet) but judging from what I've heard about them, that Fate & NGNL ( & maybe Kiseijuu) will seemingly outclass most of the categories :teehee .
Anyway thxs for your answer, just hope that next year will be an overall. :)

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
can anime movies be nominated as well? (i.e. Mononoke Hime for Classic anime)

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
can anime movies be nominated as well? (i.e. Mononoke Hime for Classic anime)
No, we're focusing on series this year, so it has to have multiple episodes at least. We already talked about including the movies category next year, but this time they won't be included.

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
No, we're focusing on series this year, so it has to have multiple episodes at least. We already talked about including the movies category next year, but this time they won't be included.
ah I see, I suppose nominating a director who has made some anime series as well, but I appreciate them for their movies wouldn't be fair then :D Thanks ^=^

Reactions: Nii

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright. I closed all the threads for nominations and we'll tally things up now for the voting round. The voting round will open on Wednesday around noon CST. Hope to see you all there. :)

apellon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
sweet ---- is there gonna have best "Manga / manhua / manhwa " of 2014 ? or something ? or maybe that have reached 60ish chapters mark this year , or been completed or started this year or something similar ...... kind of feel that a title that have just started this year and might have like 20chapters would be hard to really judge... but i guess it could have different categories.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The manga awards are something that the forum does every year that's separate from the anime awards. How those awards will be structured will be up to the staff running that project, but I would keep a look out for those. :nod

---------- Post added January 16, 2015 at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was January 13, 2015 at 03:52 PM ----------

I apologize profusely for the delay, but polls are now open. Please note that since Favourite Director and Favourite Drama only had 5 nominations each, those nominations are all finalists and will be voted on in the next round.

Also take note of the number of selections per category as that differs from category to category. If you have any questions about a category or anything here, please send one of us a PM.

Thank you all for your participation~ <3

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When does this round end?

Darjaille

Custom Title
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
How many can we vote for in voice actor/actress?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

noticed that it's written in the name of the poll, nvm

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The first voting round has ended and the polls are closed. We will reopen everything Monday, January 26th for the final round. :)

Thank you all for voting~

---------- Post added January 26, 2015 at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was January 22, 2015 at 09:55 PM ----------

The final round is now open! Polls will be open until February 2nd.

---------- Post added February 07, 2015 at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was January 26, 2015 at 04:30 PM ----------

Results are posted on the front page. Thank you all for your participation~