Predictions - 2nd Year Arc Prediction | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions 2nd Year Arc Prediction

xocolatl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys, glad to be here. This is my first thread, so go easy on me.

This Jaku city bout seems pretty much will conclude the 1A first year. If the heroes managed to force Shigaraki to retreat, Class 1A will be a 2nd year pretty soon. With so many sacrifices after the battle with Shigaraki, and the possibility that the secret of OfA will come to light, 1A's sophomore year will be even more harrowing.

Yet, U.A. still manage to retain the high school trope despite many short-comings and I believe it will stay to the next year too.

So, what are your predictions for the 2nd year? Mine will be...

1. The class roster will be changed. I think it's pretty standard in Japanese school to swab members each year. The recent bout against class 1B definitely set up the stage for new teams in a new class. This time, Deku and Bakugou will be in a different class, too. And don't forget about Shinsou. Which class 1B you'd like to see more in 2nd year?

2. The traitor will be revealed. While there's no serious hint whether the traitor is a student or not, the 2nd year will fit for showing who's the mole. It will be heartbreaking if it turns out a student, especially if it is class 1A.

3. The new 3rd Years. Yes, it's the class that Aizawa expelled and re-enrolled again. Since we don't see much of Mirio's batch, I'd say the new 3rd Year will be introduced next.

4. New Sports Festival. Pretty much the same, but you'd hyped to see the improved class 1A battling against each other, right?

5. Death of All Might. Nighteye had predicted in 1-2 years, All Might will die gruesomely. We know that All Might keeps on living but that just adds the death flag even more... oh well, I'm fine either way.

Those are all the very least could happen in the 2nd Year. Of course there's always a chance that Shigaraki won the current battle and Japan was changed into a warzone without any schools, but one can always hope. Let's discuss what you'd hope to see!

Griffithpt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I think there are going to be very significant changes to the Heroes organization and schooling. If it is revealed that Dabi is Endeavour's son, that will destroy a big part of the trust society has in Heroes but regardless there will be big changes.

I think society will turn against Heroes for failing to protect them against the rampage that is currently ensuing and once word is out that students were involved in a massive battle against villains and may have been gravely injured or killed that will be a tipping point for the Heroes Organization. Villains with have a better reign to act freely while heroes will have their hands tied due to stricter regulations and their unpopular opinion from people and the mass media.

With a lot of high profile and high ranked heroes being either killed or retiring due to injuries after this conflict their spots will be taken up by talented but less experienced and perhaps less powerful ones that are almost powerless to handle the greater threat that the Villains pose and this will contribute to further disdain from society towards heroes, who expect them to solve all of their threats and problems from them.

Remember that one of the last times we heard from the Deku narrator he was talking about how the days at the student house with his friends were "the good old days". I think that after this arc those good old days are gone and the road ahead will be filled with strife and the power balance will start to shift even further towards villains specially if this arc ends with some major ones being captured and a prison escape arc follows.

G3kken

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
There's never been a real flashback arc and I think it'd be cool if there was some backstory on someone like Shoji or Nezu. Or more information about the teachers that haven't been properly introduced yet.

If there's really gonna be different classes I wonder how Monoma'll feel when he has to be part of class A..... Though all the new team-ups would be amazing !!

TommyBoy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Some interesting stuff about the Japanese school system I personally didnt know. I hope deku and some of the students that didn't get much attention get moved into the the same class to more spotlight. Characters like sato, koda, shoji and ojiro should get the chance to get a bit of development.

Because of the current arc I don't think that there will be a sport festival arc or anymore fun school activities. In case of the 3rd year students I can seem them being push to finish theirs school year early because of the lack of active heroes. Aizawa more take the time to help get ready the students he expelled because of this.

I also have a theory relating to the hero public safety commission that they're not really as good guys as they appear to be.
When u compare the react between dabi and hawks and that hawks was willing to kill twice when characters like miroko was Happy to be fighting the nomu because she didn't have to worry about killing a living person made the idea come into my head that they're training super soldiers not super heroes. My theory goes that they were creating quirk marriage (endeavor and his wife) and also looking for people born with powerful quirks like hawks to train them for the protection of Japan.

The reason I bought up my theory for this thread because I can see hero public safety commission being the next enemy for shikagaki

avietar

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Great stuff in this thread!

With these recent chapters, I think we're going to see major changes. Some things I feel are coming:

- UA will get lots of backlash for sending their students into a war they were not prepared for and were not made aware of either (remember: they thought they were going to go on some sort of field trip). So I think UA will not take on new students, the school could get sanctions imposed on them, and after the current students graduate the school might close down. Something else that might happen is that UA closes before the beginning of the second year, and the students are sent to other schools to finish their education.

- I think a Tartarus prison break is coming, because Tomura is in need of several things: One, he needs to get rid of One for All who keeps trying to control him, and Tomura will never truly be free as long as One for All is stuck in his head and body. Two, he needs to get the doctor back so he can complete his body and unlock 100% of One for All's power. Three, he needs Kurogiri back for convenient travel. Four, he needs to get Overhaul to make more of the quirk destroying drugs, as Tomura's been trying to make more of it and has asked several people to try it (the doctor, Twice) but it seems impossible. One for All, the doctor, Kurogiri, and Overhaul are all in Tartarus prison.

- Eri could be targeted. Continuing with the quirk destroying drugs, Tomura will need Eri if he really wants more of it. I do wonder if this is a road he is willing to walk, because Tomura is many things, but I'm not sure if he's the sort who'd condone child abuse. This is only if he can relate to her though, seeing that he went through hell as a child as well. If he doesn't care though, then yeah, Eri will be a target. And it might also be that he is willing to overlook the abuse of one child as long as it helps him attain his goals. Not sure.

- I agree with what was said by others: the death of All Might is coming. I think it might coincide with the Tartarus prison break and the death of All for One. After this point, with both mentors gone, Deku and Tomura will both be truly stepping into their roles. Also, All Might will have a meeting with Stain, and this meeting could influence the further development of the story, even well after All Might physically passes away. I don't think it will be the end of All Might in the story though, because he will from then on appear as a vestige to Deku.

- A return of Stain, who is being kept in Tartarus prison as well. I think he'll be changed after his meeting with All Might. Last time he met the League, he was not impressed by Tomura. I wonder if he is more impressed with the current Tomura, and I don't think he will be. Also, Dabi/Toya, Toga, and Spinner could find out Stain never joined the League in the first place. In the case that Stain maintains an opposing stance to Tomura, we might see a split within the League. This might also signal the start of moral redemption arcs for some characters, and turn some antagonist characters into antihero characters. Note that I don't think these characters are going to be forgiven for past sins, but they might join the protagonists' efforts against Tomura at some point, even if it's done for selfish reasons. I do think this fits well in the story of MHA that paints a world of greys and likes to point out that people aren't black and white, hero or villain. Underneath the monikers are simply people with their own goals and motivations.

- Civil war. The unrest in society that's been talked about so much, the public has lost its trust in heroes for being incapable of stopping the League and Machia's rampage, and in the government for enabling people like Endeavor. Society is a mess, and people will want reform. At the start of the series, Deku said he would become the greatest hero. But before he gets there, things are gonna get dark and difficult. Griffithpt above also said that the student days were 'the good old days'. We just got the first taste of the darker themes with the MLA War arc. I don't want to know how many people died, but they must number into the tens of thousands. Many heroes died, but they don't even compare to the number of civilian casualties. This will shake the country to its core.

- Expansion of the cast. The villains are extremely strong right now, and they're not slowing down anytime soon. Whatever their next step is towards the futures that Tomura and Dabi envision (which might be two separate futures, mind), whatever it is, it is coming with a vengeance and the current protagonist cast that we know is not up for the job. Not only that, but within Tartarus we will likely see the antagonist cast expand and will meet new characters. Therefore it stands to reason that the protagonist cast is going to expand as well. We could meet teachers and students from other schools, heroes from other parts of the country.

Thinking outside the box, we could meet people from organizations that protect the rights and safety of quirkless individuals. One fifth of the total population is quirkless right? Surely there must be organizations that represent them. The current state of society must be especially fearsome to them as 'normies'. Meeting more quirkless people would be really interesting too, because it would provide us a view of what life is like for a normal person in a world that is mostly dominated by people with quirks. Also, think of what a quirkless, normal, 'harmless' person could do? They could slip totally under the radar and not be considered any sort of threat. A smart person can use that to their advantage. I'd love to see quirkless characters do great things.

- A larger role for the Public Safety Commission for sure. I feel like they'll be more of an antagonistic organization and serve as a third party foil for both the League and Deku & co.

Well, that's it for now :)

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great stuff in this thread!

With these recent chapters, I think we're going to see major changes. Some things I feel are coming:

- UA will get lots of backlash for sending their students into a war they were not prepared for and were not made aware of either (remember: they thought they were going to go on some sort of field trip). So I think UA will not take on new students, the school could get sanctions imposed on them, and after the current students graduate the school might close down. Something else that might happen is that UA closes before the beginning of the second year, and the students are sent to other schools to finish their education.

- I think a Tartarus prison break is coming, because Tomura is in need of several things: One, he needs to get rid of One for All who keeps trying to control him, and Tomura will never truly be free as long as One for All is stuck in his head and body. Two, he needs to get the doctor back so he can complete his body and unlock 100% of One for All's power. Three, he needs Kurogiri back for convenient travel. Four, he needs to get Overhaul to make more of the quirk destroying drugs, as Tomura's been trying to make more of it and has asked several people to try it (the doctor, Twice) but it seems impossible. One for All, the doctor, Kurogiri, and Overhaul are all in Tartarus prison.

- Eri could be targeted. Continuing with the quirk destroying drugs, Tomura will need Eri if he really wants more of it. I do wonder if this is a road he is willing to walk, because Tomura is many things, but I'm not sure if he's the sort who'd condone child abuse. This is only if he can relate to her though, seeing that he went through hell as a child as well. If he doesn't care though, then yeah, Eri will be a target. And it might also be that he is willing to overlook the abuse of one child as long as it helps him attain his goals. Not sure.

- I agree with what was said by others: the death of All Might is coming. I think it might coincide with the Tartarus prison break and the death of All for One. After this point, with both mentors gone, Deku and Tomura will both be truly stepping into their roles. Also, All Might will have a meeting with Stain, and this meeting could influence the further development of the story, even well after All Might physically passes away. I don't think it will be the end of All Might in the story though, because he will from then on appear as a vestige to Deku.

- A return of Stain, who is being kept in Tartarus prison as well. I think he'll be changed after his meeting with All Might. Last time he met the League, he was not impressed by Tomura. I wonder if he is more impressed with the current Tomura, and I don't think he will be. Also, Dabi/Toya, Toga, and Spinner could find out Stain never joined the League in the first place. In the case that Stain maintains an opposing stance to Tomura, we might see a split within the League. This might also signal the start of moral redemption arcs for some characters, and turn some antagonist characters into antihero characters. Note that I don't think these characters are going to be forgiven for past sins, but they might join the protagonists' efforts against Tomura at some point, even if it's done for selfish reasons. I do think this fits well in the story of MHA that paints a world of greys and likes to point out that people aren't black and white, hero or villain. Underneath the monikers are simply people with their own goals and motivations.

- Civil war. The unrest in society that's been talked about so much, the public has lost its trust in heroes for being incapable of stopping the League and Machia's rampage, and in the government for enabling people like Endeavor. Society is a mess, and people will want reform. At the start of the series, Deku said he would become the greatest hero. But before he gets there, things are gonna get dark and difficult. Griffithpt above also said that the student days were 'the good old days'. We just got the first taste of the darker themes with the MLA War arc. I don't want to know how many people died, but they must number into the tens of thousands. Many heroes died, but they don't even compare to the number of civilian casualties. This will shake the country to its core.

- Expansion of the cast. The villains are extremely strong right now, and they're not slowing down anytime soon. Whatever their next step is towards the futures that Tomura and Dabi envision (which might be two separate futures, mind), whatever it is, it is coming with a vengeance and the current protagonist cast that we know is not up for the job. Not only that, but within Tartarus we will likely see the antagonist cast expand and will meet new characters. Therefore it stands to reason that the protagonist cast is going to expand as well. We could meet teachers and students from other schools, heroes from other parts of the country.

Thinking outside the box, we could meet people from organizations that protect the rights and safety of quirkless individuals. One fifth of the total population is quirkless right? Surely there must be organizations that represent them. The current state of society must be especially fearsome to them as 'normies'. Meeting more quirkless people would be really interesting too, because it would provide us a view of what life is like for a normal person in a world that is mostly dominated by people with quirks. Also, think of what a quirkless, normal, 'harmless' person could do? They could slip totally under the radar and not be considered any sort of threat. A smart person can use that to their advantage. I'd love to see quirkless characters do great things.

- A larger role for the Public Safety Commission for sure. I feel like they'll be more of an antagonistic organization and serve as a third party foil for both the League and Deku & co.

Well, that's it for now :)
Too bad Tomura doesn’t know that killing AFO won’t get rid of AFO’s vestige and Ujiko was able to create more Quirk Erasing Bullets without using Eri. Also I don’t Overhaul would want to work with the league again unless Tomura does something to convince Overhaul like giving Overhaul access to Ujiko’s research or whatever’s left of it.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I actually think there is a good chance the sport festival will be cancelled. The damage that has been done to japan as a whole is far too great. And on top of that, UA has a terrible record at keeping the league out. The school just has to assume that the sports festival will just be a damn likely target for their enemies and it will be grossly irresponsible for them to hold the event. Add to that, further televising the student's powers would only further expose them.

ShadowSJG

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I expect a timeskip

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Honestly I don't think they'll be able to attend classes at school.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Horikoshi wants Shinso in Class A then I can see the traitor being revealed and leaving UA before that happens since that opens up a spot for him.

Instead of an interclass training battle, it'll be an interschool training battle with Ms. Joke's class. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if several hero schools are involved.

G3kken

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
If Horikoshi wants Shinso in Class A then I can see the traitor being revealed and leaving UA before that happens since that opens up a spot for him.

Instead of an interclass training battle, it'll be an interschool training battle with Ms. Joke's class. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if several hero schools are involved.
Oh! Class A & B VS another schools classes. Would be dope!

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'm not looking forward to more class X vs class Y arcs actually. Instead, I'd like the plot to continue. In my opinion, the time for lighthearted school stuff is over, and it's time our heroes start tackling the real issues at hand, and grow and learn from those experiences.

shimshim

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm gonna guess that most of their second year if there even is one, is gonna be interneships/work study. Imma guess after this arc there is gonna be a boom in villains, and the students are gonna have to put in some work to bring society back to norm.

avietar

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Another idea:

What if Midoriya is going to be targeted on a very personal level in order to get to him? For instance, kidnap his mom to lure him out and make him do things he would otherwise never do.
It's dark, but also makes sense if Shigaraki is gonna go for Midoriya. Little effort, maximum effect.

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Another idea:

What if Midoriya is going to be targeted on a very personal level in order to get to him? For instance, kidnap his mom to lure him out and make him do things he would otherwise never do.
It's dark, but also makes sense if Shigaraki is gonna go for Midoriya. Little effort, maximum effect.
I honestly think exposing Deku would be a million times more effective. By placing a huge bullseye on his back, Shiggy would galvanize villains to target his family, specifically his mom. This, and putting an even greater mental pressure on him too. Not to mention the Commission will definitely politicize OFA simply because of how powerful it is. In many ways, this makes Deku a Jinchuuriki, where each Jinchuuriki are not only considered the equivalent of a nuke, but also considered as a form of political power for the villages in Naruto.

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I am actually unsure if there even will be a 2nd year fo rthe studetns. After this war the peopel faith in heroes will be compeltley shattered and villians will get more strong. Still I want to know if this also will pull Shigaraki out of commision for a little bit or if he will return quicker.
some predict overseas herosim btu I am skeptic about that.
Even the hero chidlren families, what will they say? I doubt Inko will allow this to happen again.
If there is anything i hope for next year that is
United school fronts
An "avenger" assemble of young heroes that become the new genration that will stop evil and give back hope to the heroes.
The fall of the brainwashing sympathy of villians
The death of All-might
Final confirmation if there really is a traitor in UA (please let it be Mineta!)
More development in All for One

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Remember that one of the last times we heard from the Deku narrator he was talking about how the days at the student house with his friends were "the good old days".
Which chapter was that again?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

BTW, I think UA will continue to function. Perhaps not in the same capacity, but I think that the main difference will be that the vibe and cheerful attitude the students once had will be completely shattered, because everyone's going to be messed up in one way or another from the war.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think this year will be relatively shorter than the previous one, that's the main thing. Given deku's growth he will probably achieve 100 around this year's end as well, provided eri healing him doesn't revert his strength a few months.

I also think deku will get a redo on his thing about telling the world "I AM HERE" at the sports festival. Not necessarily in the festival but a chance at giving people hope that there are heroes coming. I don't really think the the whole symbol of peace thing is a good idea but deku is at a point where he could have an real effect on people's morale. He already has the sheer raw power for it for the most part. Realistically speaking 30% is probably about enough to even be a contender for the number hero spot, where he lacks the most is the skill to effectively use that power. But he can push to 45%, probably higher by the time the next year starts.

I don't think there will be a civil war yet but the country is definitely going to be massively unsafe for the foreseeable future. Odds are the students are going to get a lot more internships going forward to make up for the heroes "retiring". I suppose deku being an inspiration for others as I suggested earlier could bring some heroes out of retirement.

Shigaraki will likely take a longish time to recover at least. I think the absolute bare minimum is a month, enough to actually fishing the process that gave him AFO... I think it will be a year tops though. Basically, AFO is back for the third year. And during the second year deku gets the chance to further develop his skill against the subordinates. Perhaps a rematch against stain and muscleman. Maybe deku will have a chance to get stain on his side...

I kinda wonder what stain will do now. His thing was about killing fake heroes but the fakes are quitting by the hour. The remaining ones are likely to be made out of better stuff in general.

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't think there will be a civil war yet but the country is definitely going to be massively unsafe for the foreseeable future. Odds are the students are going to get a lot more internships going forward to make up for the heroes "retiring". I suppose deku being an inspiration for others as I suggested earlier could bring some heroes out of retirement.
I think this will probably be the time that the students will get their own character moments, and stuff that will occur in the internships may serve as build up to what ever Tomura is doing.

shimshim

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well I guess with so many heroes resigning and hero popularity reaching an all time low, its gonna be the students who might end up reigniting the peoples trust in heroes and hero society in general. This might happen during their second year internships I guess.