Anime - A Hunter x Hunter Movie | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime A Hunter x Hunter Movie

brigid001

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hmmmm this idea just suddenly popped into my head and i'd like to know what everyone thinks of the possibility of there ever being a hxh movie and whether you would actually like one.For me i would and would not want a movie. I would like a movie because it might signal a start to the continuation of the anime and also might bring in a bigger budget for the company to make the anime. Not that the anime was bad in anyway but it's always good to have a high budget.

On the otherhand i don't really see a movie for hxh working. I just get this feeling that it's not an anime that could work as a movie. I dunno what it is but does anyone else feel the same? If they were ever to make a movie I'd rather them adapt one of the arcs like the York Shin arc into a movie, instead of coming up with a whole new plot. But even then i don't think I would be happy lol. It would be great to newly animated scenes, but there was so much in that arc that stuffing it into a 2 hour movie is bound to end badly.

Also I think that arc was already done so well in the anime, with lots of tension and suspense that the movie would have a lot to live up to and it would be a shame to see it fall short of everyones expectations. Well those are my opinions, sorry for rambling on. What do you all think?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Actually, I think a movie would work very well with this anime. Not sure how to explain it, I just get the impression basically anything could be introduced into the plot and it´d still fit into the HXH world provided it does not messes up the rules that have been given concerning nen.

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think it could work perfectly too.

Nen is a complex thing and there is lot of stuff and characters to be shown, techniques to be made and stuff to complete the HxH world.

I would love it.

brigid001

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Sorry it took me a while to reply lol. Yeah i guess i was being too pessimistic. The world of hxh is vast so i suppose there are lots of possibilities for a movie XDD I'd love to see Kurapika and Leorio make an appearance if there was ever to me a movie. I miss those guys :D

Chain Bastard

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: Hunter X Hunter New Anime Discussion

Yeah, Movie title ! :zomg

Hunter X Hunter : Hiiro no Gen’ei (Red Phantom ?)

12/01/2013 !

Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Is there a link for more information? I want to see if there is any more info on it. 12/1/2013 can't come soon enough...

Chain Bastard

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

WOW! GENEI RYODAN FILM DIRECTED BY TOGASHI HIMSELF! I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Maybe it will be about GR creation.

Salce

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

This is the important paragraph:
劇場版のストーリーは完全オリジナルだが、冨樫さんも「自分で書きたいくらい」とコメントするほどの出来栄えという。サブタイトル「緋色の幻影」にある「緋色」は激高すると瞳が緋色になるクルタ族のクラピカを、「幻影」は、クルタ族を滅ぼした「幻影旅団」をそれぞれ思わせるキーワードにあたり、ストーリーも話題を集めそうだ。なお、23日発売の「週刊少年ジャンプ」34号(集英社)でも詳細が明かされる。
I can understand that it's an original story. But it also says something about Togashi, and the plot of the movie.
Hopefully Togashi is writing it... Popo, futurefrog, we need you for translation! :)

Netero

Reaction score
Country
United States
YES! now I know the movie will be awesome! :zomg

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Can anyone translate the movie's name? And I am so glad that Togashi wrote it, that way its awesomeness has already been confirmed!

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Last edited:

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia

This website has all the information covered in English for you non Japanese speakers:

http://www.capsulecomputers.com/201...movie-release-date-and-more-details-revealed/

This site translates the movie as The Scarlet Illusion, not sure if that is the official English title. I translate the image title as something close to The Scarlet Phantom or Red Phantom. We will see what the official title will be for English release soon enough I suppose.

Also Togashi has written the story himself and is most like going to be canon from my understanding. Its all pretty vague at this point. Not a lot of details outside a point here or there.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

This is the important paragraph:

I can understand that it's an original story. But it also says something about Togashi, and the plot of the movie.
Hopefully Togashi is writing it... Popo, futurefrog, we need you for translation! :)
Togashi is writing it, the plot regards the Phantom Troupe and the massacre of the Kurta clan. More details will be revealed in Weekly Jump 34. (Rough translation, I am bad at translating).

Last edited:

Divinenega

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

For a second I thought it said December 2013 but I forgot Japan puts the day in front of the month for dates. Looking forward to January

Popo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The subtitle of the film is "Phantom Rouge." The kanji literally means "The Scarlet Phantom."

Popo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Togashi is writing it, the plot regards the Phantom Troupe and the massacre of the Kurta clan. More details will be revealed in Weekly Jump 34. (Rough translation, I am bad at translating).
This is the gist of it. The English title of the film is "Phantom Rouge," while the Kanji above literally mean "The Scarlet Phantom."

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mantan Web confirmed that the film will be titled Hunter x Hunter: The Scarlet Illusion and will be released in the 21st of January, 2012. The plot will be a completely original story written by Yoshihiro Togashi himself, focusing on The Phantom Troupe and the Kurta Clan. Kurapika is said to be the film’s protagonist, with Gon and Killua being sidelined for a heavily Kurapika focused story of a ‘scarlet illusion’.
This is very exciting. Kurapika's been out of the main story for too long. Though I hope we'll get a dose of our three other mains as well.

It's January 21st, 2013, right? I just realized that's less than a year away. :zomg

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Genius move by Togashi.

Now Togashi doesn't have to address the "Kurta Massacre" in the Hunter x Hunter manga and can instead focus on other things.
Well not that he had to in the first place but this way for all the Kurapika or Phantom Troupe fans out there wondering how it
all went down well now we finally get to know. But also since it is a movie and not the manga it will be optional canon. People
can say "it's by Togashi so it's canon." or they can say "Yes it's by Togashi. But it's not in the manga." and reject it. Their choice.

I think the movie will be great.

Were there ever any Yu Yu Hakusho movies? If so how were they?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

BTW I'm guessing there will be more to it than just the massacre because that seems like it will be a short movie

Kurta Clan living in peace
Phantom Troupe wants their eyes.
Massacre
Kurapika vows revenge
the end

I mean yeah they could drag that out. But there's got to be other stuff going on too.

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Genius move by Togashi.

Now Togashi doesn't have to address the "Kurta Massacre" in the Hunter x Hunter manga and can instead focus on other things.
Well not that he had to in the first place but this way for all the Kurapika or Phantom Troupe fans out there wondering how it
all went down well now we finally get to know. But also since it is a movie and not the manga it will be optional canon. People
can say "it's by Togashi so it's canon." or they can say "Yes it's by Togashi. But it's not in the manga." and reject it. Their choice.

I think the movie will be great.

Were there ever any Yu Yu Hakusho movies? If so how were they?

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

BTW I'm guessing there will be more to it than just the massacre because that seems like it will be a short movie

Kurta Clan living in peace
Phantom Troupe wants their eyes.
Massacre
Kurapika vows revenge
the end

I mean yeah they could drag that out. But there's got to be other stuff going on too.
Well as we know, Togashi is pretty closely involved with the 2011 anime series. It has been said before that the filler in the anime is approved by Togashi (Canary destruction, introductions for Nostrade employees). Now this movie is being penned by the man himself, one could say that this anime is a true extension of the manga and not simply a recreation of it.